test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any word on fixing the bridge officer mini cons that disable the cloak? been 2 years!

dylantrinidydylantrinidy Member Posts: 313 Arc User
About a month ago I started a thread about the "working as intended" lie and cryptic asked us to do their job and make a list of mini cons that should not disable your cloak. I saw a few lists from people but never heard anything from cryptic, I assume they are hoping we give up the fight for a fixed cloaking device. If anyone from cryptic replies to this I'm sure they will say "what list of mini cons" so lets make it easy for them ALL MINI CONS WHERE YOUR BRIDGE OFFICERS SPEAK TO YOU! So c'mon guys this bug is going on 3 years old now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There are many many many things in the game that are still "Working as Intended"

Haven't you figured that out yet?

There are more things to come that will also be "Working as Intended"

First city redirect is still working as intended.
  • dylantrinidydylantrinidy Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    yeah but the cloak bug has to be the oldest one now
  • thomas12255thomas12255 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Dan said a few months back that the cloaking issue isn't a bug and is actually intended in the game design.

In other words, they don't know how to fix it.
    [SIGPIC]http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png[/SIGPIC]

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Dan said a few months back that the cloaking issue isn't a bug and is actually intended in the game design.

In other words, they don't know how to fix it.

Dan also said that people should let them know of occurances where it happens so that they can investigate and adjust if needed. They do know how to fix it. Its a matter of using dev time to fix it versus dev time to add something new to the game.

This means his point about "intended" refers to when your ship is actually hailed (people know your there), or if you issue a command to your BO which would result in an action (an actual action, or an implied action).

I remember spotting a few threads, and at least one 'main' thread documenting the places people felt it should be addressed - but I'm pretty sure nothing came of it, unfortunately. It would be nice to hear back from a dev to at least say "yes we checked those examples out, but decided they do not warrant a change.".
  • stockwelldaystockwellday Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I thought they already admitted they couldn't program their way around a virus to save their jobs, and this was one thing they borked and can't/won't fix any time this decade.

I think they should just come out and say cloaking devices are no longer canon in the STO universe and get rid of the things.

... although if they took out things that weren't working right we'd be left with a log in screen. Wait, no, that doesn't work properly either.

/sigh
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    They said they would at least look at Ker'rat for a fix. Hasn't happened yet... is it on the schedule somehere?

Well the fact that there was even a recognition of this maybe being fixed in kerrat is a semi-good sign (Dan actually replied to my post in that Ask Cryptic forum thread when I said at least kerrat should be fixed).

I'm sure it's on the schedule and coming in a patch soon.

(In case you were wondering soon has no apparent meaning when it comes to this stuff)
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • o4q123o4q123 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm waiting them for them to fix the bug that gives you the option to play as a Klingon! :D
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is really annoying. My way to deal with this in Kerrat is to use full honor guard set so when I get decloaked I just use mask energy field to stealth until my cloak is off cooldown.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions