test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ideas for Future Hybrid Weaponry!!!

william7rikerwilliam7riker Member Posts: 30 Arc User
I am definitely am NOT a normal guy, so why should I equip myself with all, Normal stuff?

Before the Phased Tetryon, Polarized Disruptors, and even before the Galor?s exclusive Spiral-Wave Disruptors, I enjoyed the Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid Beam arrays from the mission reward of ?Past Imperfect? (Federation) or ?Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning? (Klingon). My opponents saw me shooting Disruptor color beams, and they started receiving plasma damage, they would start ****ting their pants cause they had no bloody idea what they were hit with. Some of my opponents were to shocked, that they forgot to use their HE..........

I do consider the Retrofit Forward/Aft Phaser Bank unique, but not necessarily a hybrid, but Cryptic would be doing themselves a favor by making new weapons like this one!

The Phased Polaron Beam Array is also one of my favorite beam arrays...... because it not only has the glorious power depleting proc, but it also has the famous, feared, and wicked procs..... The TETRYON proc! This is still a great hybrid. You look like your shooting Polaron, and you are, but it?s like purple on steroids..... Cause it deals extra damage to shields.

There is also a Phased Polaron Dual Cannon........... But, this was a great disappointment in my opinion. I was in the Tribble Test server, with my defiant, full Jem'Hadar set, full Jem'Hadar phased Polaron dual cannons, and Polaron turrets......... It was the worst thing ever you could do with a defiant....... an apple thrown at my opponent?s 'windshield' would do more damage than these cannons did. THESE CANNONS EVEN HAD THE TETRYON PROC....... :(

Anyways, I would like to gather ideas about what kind of hybrid weapons cryptic could make.

There are only 15 combinations, but let?s still discuss these possibilities, and how viable they could be.

Here is a short list to start things off with:

1. Anti-Proton/Phaser Hybrid.
With the unpredictable, yet very slick Phaser proc, and the anti-proton beam color, and critical severity, this would be a dream to many players. Anti-proton and Phaser are like a dream matched in Stovokor!!!!I think it would be called something like Anti-Phaser. It?s still plain and simple, and it is clear what it is!

2. Plasma/Polaron Hybrid.
Plasma is very useful in PvE, in my opinion, but not necessarily in PvP. All player characters basically have a Plasma resistant shield, but in PvE, I have a reason to believe its extra effective against the Borg. The Borg Shoot total Plasma, Beam and Torp. The Federation shoots Phaser, and does it load up on Phaser resistance? If the Borg shoots Plasma, would it stock up resistance on Plasma? I don?t think so. I think the borg stock up on Phaser, and Disruptor Resistance, cause their main enemies in the Alpha Quadrant is the Federation, Klingons, (Romulans), and anybody else who stands in their way. (Which the Borg will assimilate them, and acquire a new resistance). Plasma DoT is very harmful if you are not pre-pared. Plus, Polaron with the sub-system power reduction chance, any heals (Aux), Shield strength (Shi), Weapon Damage (Wep), and maneuverability (Eng), will have decreased enough so that between your own fire-power, and the Plasma DoT, it could be pretty nasty. I would call it Plasmic Polaron. (This name could use some work, but this post isn?t about names, it?s about ideas.)

3. Phaser/Tetryon Hybrid.
We all know how awesome it is for an enemy to be affected by the Phaser proc, especially the shield sub-system being disabled, and we all know how much it sucks when it is used on us. Why not throw in extra shield damage? I would call this one Tetryzed Phaser.

So, wouldn?t it also be wicked for there to be Hybrid Torpedoes? I think that would be awesome. Since there are only 6 Different types of torpedoes (7 if you include the Hargh?peng, 8 if you include the Breen Transphasic Cluster Torpedo, and 9 if you include the Bio-Neural warhead from the kdf side)

So, I would like to hear some feedback, this is my first forum post, I?m no rookie of sto, but I found some time, and interest in the forums. I am only 15 years old, but that doesnt mean that you should hold back any comment, or think of this post any different. I?ll leave the rest of the discussion up to you guys.
Once I get a solid hour of free time, I have got to update my signature, with tasteful, but useful words that the rest of the community would benefit from hearing, or at least get a good laugh out of.
Post edited by william7riker on

Comments

• Options
    partizan81partizan81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Anti-Proton Disruptors would be a bit overpowered imho, though that'd be the one I'd use personally.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The plasma phaser is an obvious one, I'm surprised it hasn't materialized yet.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Polarized Phasers. Both procs would mess with peoples minds. And powerlevels.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    resolutevoiceresolutevoice Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    More Hybrid weapons would be cool. As long as they are balanced properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited October 2012
    Phased Tetryons are already in game, for some time now.
  • Options
    jengozjengoz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i want to shoot tribble torpedoes and will settle for nothing less.
    "Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
  • Options
    denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would like the polarized disruptors to have custom FX first.

The phased tetryon has a nice, slightly greener hue. But the disruptors need something a little different, like violet particles around the beam like polarons, or a slightly different shade of green.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I might have made the case for anti-proton/phaser as the basis for the 29th century weapons.

You have the dual chroniton beams dealing AP damage and this kinda fits with the ground phasers from "Future's End" being a deeper, more reddish orange.

I'd have considered making them:

Phaser/AP hybrid, critHx2, and a fleet SDisrupt proc, to reflect their onscreen tendency to disintegrate things.

Additionally, I'd have made the hand phaser mechanically a rifle and the rifle mechanically an assault weapon to show off future miniaturization technology.
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Polarized Tetryonic Disrupting Anti-proton/Plasma Hybrids.
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    3. Phaser/Tetryon Hybrid.
    We all know how awesome it is for an enemy to be affected by the Phaser proc, especially the shield sub-system being disabled, and we all know how much it sucks when it is used on us. Why not throw in extra shield damage? I would call this one Tetryzed Phaser.

Phased Tetryon weapons exist.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would personally want to see a lockbox quality version of the Plasma Disruptor Hybrid...or just about any other energy type with plamsa proc.
  • Options
    zdfx19zdfx19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Weapons in STO are starting to resemble the product of dog breeding a little too strongly rather than something based in intelligent research... Hybrid fancy sounding particles applied to a beam flavor of the week with no basis in sci fi, just swooping full on into fantasy and lock box profits.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zdfx19 wrote: »
    Weapons in STO are starting to resemble the product of dog breeding a little too strongly rather than something based in intelligent research... Hybrid fancy sounding particles applied to a beam flavor of the week with no basis in sci fi, just swooping full on into fantasy and lock box profits.

The Star Trek IP generally however does do this thing a fair amount. Tetryon-based disruptors, for example, were seen on Voyager.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What about some new weapons with a kinetic damage proc?

Phased-Particle beams or Particle-Disruptors?
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've been thinking about it a bit...and if I had to really choose one...Antiprotons with a plasma proc would be tops...would be cool for a Kar'fi build I was thinking of.
  • Options
    zdfx19zdfx19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    amosov78 wrote: »
    The Star Trek IP generally however does do this thing a fair amount. Tetryon-based disruptors, for example, were seen on Voyager.

True... But it also was one of the story "cash outs" that showed the writing team had lost their touch with the fan base and source material while letting the quality of scripts slide. I can't blame the development team here for emulating an aspect of the IP for new goodies. But the more hybrid weapon systems we see the more silly I fear it will become in future times and end up being a thing to regret.