test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Canon Sovereign (Enterprise-E) Build

asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Federation Discussion
With the release of the Metreon Gas Console (freaking finally!!!), I have decided to share my Sovereign/Enterprise-E canon build I made sometime ago. There's one for the Assault Cruiser, the Regent-class Assault Cruiser, and the Mirror Star Cruiser. There may be a few kinks in it but, I'm trying to perfect it the best I can. I mean, I'm making a build for a ship I probably won't get until Christmas.

For the Assault Cruiser and the Refit, it's pretty much the same, except put the Metreon Gas Module on the Refit. I know people like different modifiers (like Acc, Dmg, CrtD, CrtH) to I'll leave it up to you to pick what modifiers you want. And as for consoles, pick what you like, but I suggest an RCS Accelerator or two and fill the Tactical Consoles up with the Phaser Relay console.

Colors
The Left color has to be black, the left one I set as gray. All patterns need to be Andromeda, and the hull material is Type 2 with Windows Type 2.

Weapons
-Fore
Phaser Beam Array
Quantum Torpedo Launcher
Photon Torpedo Launcher
Phaser Beam Array

-Aft
Phaser Beam Array
Photon Torpedo Launcher
Photon Torpedo Launcher
Phaser Beam Array

Devices
Scorpion Fighters (a nod to Star Trek Nemesis)
Auxiliary Batteries
Shield Batteries
Weapon Batteries

Bridge Officer Layout (Assault Cruiser)
-Ensign Tactical
Tactical Team

-Lieutenant Tactical
Torpedo Spread
Beam Overload or Fire at Will (a nod to Star Trek Armada's intro video)

-Lieutenant Commander Engineering
Emergency Power to Shields
Reverse Shield Polarity
Directed Energy Modulation

-Commander Engineering
Emergency Power to Engines
Extend Shields

-Lieutenant Science
Hazard Emitters
Transfer Shield Strength

Assault Cruiser Refit

Add the Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher in place of one of the Fore Quantum Torpedo Launchers.

-Ensign Tactical
Tactical Team

-Lieutenant Commander Tactical
Torpedo Spread
Beam Overload
Torpedo High Yield

Reverse Shield Polarity

-Commander Engineering
Engineering Team
Extend Shields or Aux2SIF3

-Universal Station
This officer slot really depends on what you want out of your ship. If you want more of a healer type ship, put a Science Officer or Engineering. if you want a bit more damage, I suggest a Tactical Officer with Fire at Will trained.

Mirror Star Cruiser

This one was a little tricky, so I had to go and look at the regular Star Cruiser, and see what the difference is. In my opinion this is a really decent Sovereign, because of that extra Science Officer slot in place of the Tactical Officer Slot.

-Lieutenant Tactical
Tactical Team
Torpedo Spread (Or Beam Overload or Torpedo High Yield)

Reverse Shield Polarity

-Commander Engineering
Emergency Power to Engines
Reverse Shield Polarity

-Ensign Science
Polarize Hull

-Lieutenant Science
Hazard Emitters
Science Team

I really hope you all enjoy and if you have any questions, please ask away, or mail me in-game @asardetemplari
latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
Post edited by asardetemplari on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I love the idea, just enjoying a little classic heroism, picking stuff cause its cool. A little puzzled on some of the chosen powers and excluded others though. 2 RSPs and 2 DEMs? Plus two powers I'd want to add on as well: 1 a copy of Extend Shields for the at least couple of times the Big E has done that to protect a weaker ship, and 2 Aux to Dampeners to allow for more of those sharp turns and dramatic swooping in that happen so often but this game doesn't let cruisers do much.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I love the idea, just enjoying a little classic heroism, picking stuff cause its cool. A little puzzled on some of the chosen powers and excluded others though. 2 RSPs and 2 DEMs? Plus two powers I'd want to add on as well: 1 a copy of Extend Shields for the at least couple of times the Big E has done that to protect a weaker ship, and 2 Aux to Dampeners to allow for more of those sharp turns and dramatic swooping in that happen so often but this game doesn't let cruisers do much.

Well... for the Reverse Shield Polarities and the Directed Energy Modulations, you use one, and there's a relatively short cooldown on the other and you swap them out constantly.

but yes, I totally agree.

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Beam Fire At Will instead of Overload.

No Beam Banks. Wide Arc Quantum Launcher

Otherwise, looks like the Nemesis Ent-E. Something I may actually run...
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Off the top of my head...

The aft should mount a q-torp AND a photorp. You might consider making the aft qtorp the 180-degree qtorp - both to keep the fore firing arc stronger for DPS, and as a nod to the importance of the aft torp launcher in TNG (it was the first and last weapon to /ever/ fire on-screen for the Enterprise-D). All the energy weapons should be arrays - beam banks were very few and far between in TNG. They're kind of a relic from the TOS era, and even then, part of the reason they were viable was because there were a ton more of them to cover a much wider firing arc overall.

I would also suggest attempting to fit Aux2SIF3 in there (maybe). You may also consider Extend Shields, since this seems like an Enterprise-y thing to do.

And I agree that BFaW is more important than Beam Overload, and that two Reverse Shield Polarities seem a bit off.

That said, this is a neat little exercise. Thanks for posting it! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    red01999 wrote: »
    Off the top of my head...

The aft should mount a q-torp AND a photorp. You might consider making the aft qtorp the 180-degree qtorp - both to keep the fore firing arc stronger for DPS, and as a nod to the importance of the aft torp launcher in TNG (it was the first and last weapon to /ever/ fire on-screen for the Enterprise-D). All the energy weapons should be arrays - beam banks were very few and far between in TNG. They're kind of a relic from the TOS era, and even then, part of the reason they were viable was because there were a ton more of them to cover a much wider firing arc overall.

I would also suggest attempting to fit Aux2SIF3 in there (maybe). You may also consider Extend Shields, since this seems like an Enterprise-y thing to do.

And I agree that BFaW is more important than Beam Overload, and that two Reverse Shield Polarities seem a bit off.

That said, this is a neat little exercise. Thanks for posting it! :)

Anytime, I'm editing it to take in these changes.

• Options
    synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Star Cruiser has a Luitenant Tac all you have is an Ensign in the post.
    Other then that, good thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Star Cruiser has a Luitenant Tac all you have is an Ensign in the post.
    Other then that, good thread.

D'oh! Thank you for pointing that out.

• Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nice build here, I use to do the E console set when I first flew me sovy, might go back to that soon. As for the paint and pattern, personally the grey on the sto sovy is t dark I put my grey up to the lightest shade possible to look more like the nemesis E. If you watch the nemesis E on youtube you will see it has a much lighter grey colour especially in the dry dock scene. Pattern is the right one, well its the closets to the nemesis E unless you use the other one with lines going through for the pattern which fits the saucer section, the nemesis E has that I think.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'm also making the Defiant and the Enterprise-D... if anyone's interested.

• Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Im interested in them.
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    averyddaverydd Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would be but currently unable to play with the patch server issue going around :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Im interested in them.

Look out for "Canon Defiant (U.S.S. Defiant) Build" and "Canon Galaxy (Enterprise-D) Build" threads. :D

And avery, I really hope you can play again soon :)

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Working towards one of these one the Fed side. Thank you for the suggestions
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    hamradio18hamradio18 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    With the release of the Metreon Gas Console (freaking finally!!!), I have decided to share my Sovereign/Enterprise-E canon build I made sometime ago. There's one for the Assault Cruiser, the Regent-class Assault Cruiser, and the Mirror Star Cruiser. There may be a few kinks in it but, I'm trying to perfect it the best I can. I mean, I'm making a build for a ship I probably won't get until Christmas.

For the Assault Cruiser and the Refit, it's pretty much the same, except put the Metreon Gas Module on the Refit. I know people like different modifiers (like Acc, Dmg, CrtD, CrtH) to I'll leave it up to you to pick what modifiers you want. And as for consoles, pick what you like, but I suggest an RCS Accelerator or two and fill the Tactical Consoles up with the Phaser Relay console.

Colors
    The Left color has to be black, the left one I set as gray. All patterns need to be Andromeda, and the hull material is Type 2 with Windows Type 4.

Weapons
    -Fore
    Phaser Beam Array
    Quantum Torpedo Launcher
    Photon Torpedo Launcher
    Phaser Beam Array

-Aft
    Phaser Beam Array
    Photon Torpedo Launcher
    Photon Torpedo Launcher
    Phaser Beam Array

Devices
    Scorpion Fighters (a nod to Star Trek Nemesis)
    Auxiliary Batteries
    Shield Batteries
    Weapon Batteries

Bridge Officer Layout (Assault Cruiser)
    -Ensign Tactical
    Tactical Team

-Lieutenant Tactical
    Torpedo Spread
    Beam Overload

Reverse Shield Polarity

-Commander Engineering
    Engineering Team
    Extend Shields

-Lieutenant Science
    Hazard Emitters
    Science Team or Transfer Shield Strength

Assault Cruiser Refit

Add the Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher in place of one of the Fore Quantum Torpedo Launchers.

-Ensign Tactical
    Tactical Team

-Lieutenant Commander Tactical
    Torpedo Spread
    Beam Overload
    Torpedo High Yield

Reverse Shield Polarity

-Commander Engineering
    Engineering Team
    Extend Shields or Aux2SIF3

-Universal Station
    This officer slot really depends on what you want out of your ship. If you want more of a healer type ship, put a Science Officer or Engineering. if you want a bit more damage, I suggest a Tactical Officer with Fire at Will trained.

Mirror Star Cruiser

This one was a little tricky, so I had to go and look at the regular Star Cruiser, and see what the difference is. In my opinion this is a really decent Sovereign, because of that extra Science Officer slot in place of the Tactical Officer Slot.

-Lieutenant Tactical
    Tactical Team
    Torpedo Spread (Or Beam Overload or Torpedo High Yield)

Reverse Shield Polarity

-Commander Engineering
    Engineering Team
    Reverse Shield Polarity

-Ensign Science
    Polarize Hull

-Lieutenant Science
    Hazard Emitters
    Science Team or Transfer Shield Strength

I really hope you all enjoy and if you have any questions, please ask away, or mail me in-game @asardetemplari

Thanks for posting this, I am working on a new toon, and this is what I want to do. One question though. How does this build really work in-game? Cause I have always heard either 8 beam array, or 6 beam arrays and 1 torp. So with this build, how much damage do you really do? Is it comparable to other builds? Or does it not have any DPS at all.
    Playing since: Feb 2011.
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I run 4 arrays and 4 torpedos it works fine now that global torp cooldowns are 1 sec not 3. It made torpedo boats viable.

Id highly suggest FAW3, HYT2, Tac 1 if you want to mimic nemesis. The E went for faster firing shots over single powerful phaser hit. And since it didnt really fire torpedos at a lot of targets at once it would be more single target torpedo attackish. And tac team 1 to clear those pesky reman boarding parties =). Also to help rebalance the shields for tanking which jordy did a lot of during the fight.

Since the E was in a heavy weight slugging match itd be built a lil tankish so, Emergancy power to shields 2x 2. Eng team 3, Extend shields 3, Emerg to weapons 1, and engines 1. For faster turn id use evasive + doffs. For faster torpedo firing projectile doffs x 2-3.

2 fore arrays, 2 rear arrays, 1 photon, 1 quantum fore and aft. Sci is kinda toss up since E didnt do much sci stuff in movies.

This is how i have mine set up, i use PH1 and HE2 for extra resist and heal, but Sci team or TSS also works.

Lastly dont forget to have a consular doff with ramming speed for the finisher.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    hamradio18 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this, I am working on a new toon, and this is what I want to do. One question though. How does this build really work in-game? Cause I have always heard either 8 beam array, or 6 beam arrays and 1 torp. So with this build, how much damage do you really do? Is it comparable to other builds? Or does it not have any DPS at all.

It's really torpedo heavy, so it requires most of the time for a target's shields to be down. I reduced the beams because I tried 6 beams, and the power drain was too much, even with weapon power all the way up... the Enterprise-E build does decent damage and the power drain isn't as bad.

I do not know about other builds, I just figured I would make something completely off the wall and different, you know? I got bored with "You should put this this and this on your ship and run with it.", so I made this, despite any negative criticism.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    I run 4 arrays and 4 torpedos it works fine now that global torp cooldowns are 1 sec not 3. It made torpedo boats viable.

Id highly suggest FAW3, HYT2, Tac 1 if you want to mimic nemesis. The E went for faster firing shots over single powerful phaser hit. And since it didnt really fire torpedos at a lot of targets at once it would be more single target torpedo attackish. And tac team 1 to clear those pesky reman boarding parties =). Also to help rebalance the shields for tanking which jordy did a lot of during the fight.

Since the E was in a heavy weight slugging match itd be built a lil tankish so, Emergancy power to shields 2x 2. Eng team 3, Extend shields 3, Emerg to weapons 1, and engines 1. For faster turn id use evasive + doffs. For faster torpedo firing projectile doffs x 2-3.

2 fore arrays, 2 rear arrays, 1 photon, 1 quantum fore and aft. Sci is kinda toss up since E didnt do much sci stuff in movies.

This is how i have mine set up, i use PH1 and HE2 for extra resist and heal, but Sci team or TSS also works.

Lastly dont forget to have a consular doff with ramming speed for the finisher.

I was thinking about making a Nemesis build since both Es were different in those two movies.

• Options
    arvistaljikarvistaljik Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In all actuality, the window texture should be Type 2 as the Enterprise-E has always had blue/white windows, not the yellow/orange ones that come with the Type 4 texture.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hmm i may need to try this out with my tac captain VA in a mirror star crusier (which is BA, :D )

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I'd like to thank you guys for your contributions, and I have fixed the thread to reflect those changes, as well as thank my friend Kim for pointing out that I'd have to juggle all three teams with the way it was.

Also, with the new patch, cooldown for RSP and EPtS is shared, so, I'll see what I can do to fix that.

• Options
    stellardriftstellardrift Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Great builds, and I am glad I could help.

Here's a preliminary idea for a Voyager build. This can be used with either VA versions. I haven't sat down with the Captain level Intrepid as of yet.

Long Range Science Vessel (Retrofit)

Fore Weapons: 2 Phaser Beam arrays, 1 Photon Torpedo Launcher
    Aft Weapons: 2 phaser beam arrays, 1 tricobalt torpedo launcher (Nod to "Endgame".)

Lieutenant Tac: Tactical Team, HYT (A nod to the never ending supply of torpedoes)
    Lt Eng: Emergency Power to Shields, Aux to SIF
    Ensign Sci: Tachyon Beam
    Lieutenant Commander Sci: Science Team/Transfer Shield Strength, Polarize Hull, Hazard Emitters
    Commander Sci: Tractor Beam, Mask Energy Signature, Photonic Shockwave, Photonic Officer

(I know Photonic Officer 3 is hard to come by. Photonic Officer can be had as a Lieutenant Commander ability, so you could swap it out for say PSW3 or GW3 which are trainable.)

Specialty Consoles: Ablative Generator, Photonic Displacer (as a nod to "Deadlock".)

I know Hazard Emitters doesn't really go, but I can't build a ship without Hazard Emitters. You could substitute it for Gravity Well 1, but I have a thing where no ship of mine leaves spacedock without Hazard Emitters.

If you want to fight in this thing, I really am not a fan of MES personally. I would sub that for Tachyon Beam, or Transfer Shield Strength