test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvE Queue Screen/ UI Feedback

red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I like the new PvE queue screen - it looks really nice.

However, can we see how many people are in queue again? It's nice to know so you aren't waiting for a half hour for enough people to pile up on some of the more unpopular events. I've also jumped between one or another because one had one space left before it started and the other was all but empty, and I've found this kind of information rather helpful.

Thanks!
Post edited by red01999 on

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I like the new screen's layout, but it's very hard to read. And like said on this thread and others, there is no way to tell how many people are in the queue with you.

Also be nice if they color coded the Space Maps from the Ground maps, instead of just using icons.
  • keepcalmkeepcalm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Definitely agreed on needing to see the number of queued players.
    "The halfling way of battle is simple: You jump on their face and keep stabbing until the screaming stops."
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Doubly Agreed. Needs a queued player number.
  • anthslickanthslick Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i agree too !
  • pantsmaster916pantsmaster916 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just to play Devil's Advocate here...

If they went back to displaying queue numbers, wouldn't that actually be counterproductive? Don't people -not- queue up for a specific event when they see it has a low number of people waiting in the queue?

If you opened up the UI and saw 1 person waiting to start a 5-man PvE map, or 4 people waiting on a different map, you're going to pop into the 4-queue and ignore the other. Even if you enjoy the other content more.

It's psychological. Displaying those numbers serves no purpose to Cryptic. They have no reason to discourage participation in any of their available content.
  • ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Big agree with red!

Sometimes I only wish to play one of STF's - immediately. So, obviously, I pick one with the 4/5 queue...

Now it's a blind-shot.

By the way, there's typo in one of the khitomer queue for stf in space.
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012

If they went back to displaying queue numbers, wouldn't that actually be counterproductive? Don't people -not- queue up for a specific event when they see it has a low number of people waiting in the queue?

If you opened up the UI and saw 1 person waiting to start a 5-man PvE map, or 4 people waiting on a different map, you're going to pop into the 4-queue and ignore the other. Even if you enjoy the other content more.

It's psychological. Displaying those numbers serves no purpose to Cryptic. They have no reason to discourage participation in any of their available content.

This is a literal sense of Schrodinger's Cat. Is the queue empty? Or is it active?

With us seeing the number of people queued, we can gauge for ourselves if the queues are active and patiently wait, or do we move on to another queue? Compared to not seeing the number and hope it is full and actually end up wasting time, waiting for it to pop.
  • guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Displays of how many people are queued for cross-faction events is absolutely necessary to coordinate groups between KDF and Fed players who don't have enough people for a full team. Taking this away will prevent KDF and Fed friends from playing together unless they have a full team of five.
  • ferrus3ferrus3 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm sorry if this has already been added, but the new PVE que's don't show how many people are quing for a mission like they used to.
    Is it possible to change this back, I hate the idea of sitting in a que and not knowing how long it's going to be before it pops.

thanks
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2012
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ferrus3 wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this has already been added, but the new PVE que's don't show how many people are quing for a mission like they used to.
    Is it possible to change this back, I hate the idea of sitting in a que and not knowing how long it's going to be before it pops.

thanks

Yes, i also want it back.
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I do agree.

(Sorry, I didn't know that there's already a thread about this topic so maybe a mod could merge both?)
  • graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    yep needs to be there again, the new UI itself looks quite ok, but this is really missing.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, this feature was pretty key to planning my time.

Though, I'm also interested to know if the missing fleet mark events will be hooked back up. I'm assuming fleet marks will still be a thing with the embassies, and anyway, even the top fleets are only hitting tier 4 starbases and it's a long way to tier 5.
  • theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    guriphu wrote: »
    Displays of how many people are queued for cross-faction events is absolutely necessary to coordinate groups between KDF and Fed players who don't have enough people for a full team. Taking this away will prevent KDF and Fed friends from playing together unless they have a full team of five.

This is a CRITICAL point. I do pugs with my brother all the time, and I usually play Starfleet while he usually plays Klingon. As we are both very experienced at (space) STF's, there's only so bad a pug will get with both of us there, but on the occasions that we get split up...one of us usually ends up taking a looooong time to finish up their pug.

This does segue into another thought of mine. Why not make it possible to create cross-faction teams/groups of some sort specifically when queuing up for PvE missions that allow both Starfleet and KDF players on the same side?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The UI is missing any indication of how many other people are waiting in line with you.

SUPER annoying.

Please restore this feature in the next build.
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    +1. I really want that feature back.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Would be nice if a dev would come in and comment on this.....
  • celendiscelendis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Being able to see the queue length is critical to getting cross-faction friends together in the same pve event. Please bring it back!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    red01999 wrote: »
    I like the new PvE queue screen - it looks really nice.

However, can we see how many people are in queue again? It's nice to know so you aren't waiting for a half hour for enough people to pile up on some of the more unpopular events. I've also jumped between one or another because one had one space left before it started and the other was all but empty, and I've found this kind of information rather helpful.

Thanks!

^^^
    Agreed - the new display changes are nice, but it's also VERY nice to see how close a queue is to popping. Hiding info didn't work so well for City of Heroes; and I'd hate tio see STO starting that trend. It's just going to increase player frustartion especially in this case were it WAS info you guys provided to us since the new Queue system started.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1) Bring back the player count in the queue. I've been waiting for ages trying to get into a Romulan Mark mission - it'd be nice to know whether I just need to try later in the day.
    2) Make as many of the Filter dropdowns pre-expanded as possible. By this I mean present the "Ground" and "Space" radio buttons without needing to click the "Region" dropdown. There's pleanty of space to expand those lists - they don't need to be collapsed.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would have to agree on putting the number of people actually queued back into the UI.

Life's too short for me to spend hours waiting for someone to want to play KAGE (for instance). I have other things I could be doing, and I would rather not be caught short (e.g. in a PvP daily) when the mission I wanted to play finally gets a full team and goes ahead without me.

For example, I sat on ESD queuing for KAGE this evening to check out the new Omega Marks stuff (as Into the Hive gives you jack all at the moment and I fancied playing something fairly quick) for just over an hour before I sacked it off and quit the game.

I admit, the queues will probably be shorter when S7 hits Holodeck, but even then I've waited ages for an STF as the queue goes full, then one person leaves, or is disconnected, and thus the queue starts again. But, at least I know that's what is happening. At the moment I can only guess, and guessing is not the way to keep me interested in this. Why queue for something that may or may not happen within an acceptable timespan (but you have no idea either way)?

Tim
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    celendis wrote: »
    Being able to see the queue length is critical to getting cross-faction friends together in the same pve event. Please bring it back!
    Yeah this is the only thing the new one is really missing.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Did they change the pvp queue UI too? That's where the waiting times are after all, on holodeck.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012

The problem is there's just not enough players in game to cover all events well.

It would also be nice with so many event we want to run now to have a larger limit on how many events we can queue for at the same time. That would help alliviate some of the no display issues as any given queue will now have more players in it at once.
  • trenttylertrenttyler Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Would also like to get the current total of people in the particular Que back. As it is now, you see the timer symbol(i assume this is what it is) but no idea if you waiting on one person or 20, kind of sucks as is.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Agreed.

Went on earlier today to try and test the new Omega mark stuff, and had no clue where to go and test it (wanted a queue with a couple people rearing to go). However, gave up fairly quickly when I had no clue if said queue would pop in a reasonable amount of time...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited October 2012
    Just adding to the horde of "please bring back the Queued #"

I really miss it especially during times of low volume.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bumping.

Devs/programmers/code-hortas/protoplasmic blobs of goo/customer-service person... please bring back the PVE Queue #.

Thank you!