test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Strange alien artifact drop rate

notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Did they decrease the drop rate of strange alien artifact for KDF side? I used to get them once every 2 days but now it seems that the missions end up being success and I get useless common data samples :(

Is it just me or did someone else notice it too?
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by notapwefan on

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,228 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No idea on KDF but as fed I have had 5 in the past 2 days which is way higher than normal.
  • luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    5 in 2 days?

I get the mission once every 2 months -.-
  • bitterscotbitterscot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    notapwefan wrote: »
    but now it seems that the missions end up being success and I get useless common data samples

Common samples? Sounds to me that you've been doing the wrong mission, you get the artifact on success, crit, failure or disaster. Are you absolutely sure you're doing 'Negotiate additional delivery of rare commodities' and not some other one?
    [6:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Antiproton Banks - Overload III deals 166213 (61268) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Gateway.
  • joxertm2joxertm2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's not the wrong mission, strange alien artifact sometimes drops on crits within the assignments "Recover Artifacts from...", "Collect Artifacts from...", "Salvage Artifacts from...", "Study Ruins on...".
    But the key word is sometimes. STO should be renamed to STL (star trek lottery).

"Negotiate additional delivery of rare commodities" that gives the artefact for sure and is not based on luck appears every 3-4 days.
  • ronj14ronj14 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Are you still having a problem with finding strange alien artifact drops on crits within the assignments "Recover Artifacts from...", "Collect Artifacts from...", "Salvage Artifacts from...", "Study Ruins on..."? I have a FED and notice the problem also.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's LUCK, if the RNG hates you, and it usually does, you won't get any. Just keep trying eventually you'll either get one or not....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nadorc, every 3 days, pretty sure its 100% drop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xentillaxentilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    joxertm2 wrote: »
    It's not the wrong mission, strange alien artifact sometimes drops on crits within the assignments "Recover Artifacts from...", "Collect Artifacts from...", "Salvage Artifacts from...", "Study Ruins on...".
    But the key word is sometimes. STO should be renamed to STL (star trek lottery).

"Negotiate additional delivery of rare commodities" that gives the artefact for sure and is not based on luck appears every 3-4 days.

"Negotiate" has a chance to fail if you use low quality doffs. The various "artifact" missions used to drop one on a crit but I haven't gotten one in quite some time now.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xentilla wrote: »
    "Negotiate" has a chance to fail if you use low quality doffs. The various "artifact" missions used to drop one on a crit but I haven't gotten one in quite some time now.
    They still do. I got one earlier this week.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xentilla wrote: »

NADORC gives you an artifact even on a failure or disaster result. Your doffs can die getting you that artifact.

The other missions have a very small chance of rewarding the artifact on a crit. You won't get one every time you crit them.
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The other missions have a very small chance of rewarding the artifact on a crit. You won't get one every time you crit them.

This is true. Sometimes when you crit you don't get one.

Other times when you crit, you get more than one.