test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warning to all Fleets.

inputend21inputend21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Earth Spacedock
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the [URL="http://sto-
forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?&a=51"]Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules
and Policies [/URL].

I can confirm that naming and shaming, or accusing other users of raiding fleet banks, is not allowed. True or not, there's no way a user can get a fair hearing on the forums.
~Bluegeek
Post edited by inputend21 on

Comments

• sinsofanempiresinsofanempire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Uh, maybe lower the limits on your fleet bank for new members? A majority of fleets keep the limit to 1 or 2 for each slot for new members.

President of Alpha Solaris, a Federation fleet.

I used to be Sinsofasolarempire
  • carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    First, calling out account names is against the forum rules, second, as many of us have posted before, do not allow lower ranked members fleet bank access at all. If they really need something they can approach a senior officer for requisitions.

Next, use the multiple tabs to put the truly valuable stuff under fleet leader access only. So even if a low ranked pilot steals stuff they only get worthless TRIBBLE lol

Finally, what species are you talking about? "Girls" do not exist on the internet. When I try to look up the species designation on my tricorder I only get "unknown sample" as reply :)
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • nicolerae31nicolerae31 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I fully agree with the above posts. This issue has come across my desk twice in 48 hours and both times I have given the same advice. Limit the ability of new recruits to remove items or ec from your fleets bank account, until you are sure of their intentions to remain an active and trustworthy member of it. This should be common sense to anyone managing a fleet or with previous experience with any MMO's "guild" systems. Not everyone can be trusted, as sad as that is, to be fair and work for their own benefit. Thieves do exist, take the necessary steps to protect yourself and your fleet from them. Additionally I agree you should not be posting peoples account names on the forums. Its against the rules and just plan bad manners. Though I believe your intentions were in the right spot, just trying to warn others to avoid the same mistake.
    ~Nicole'Rae

Fleet Admiral XII Victrix Lupas
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The lesson here isn't to avoid said person (you really need to remove the name from your post). It's a lesson to fleet leaders on managing your fleet. For example, set up introductory ranks, a probationary period, and limit access to your fleet bank. If you don't learn anything from the experience it will not be the last time this issue happens to you.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    inputend21 wrote: »
    This is a warning to all Fleets out there,*NAME REDACTED* is a bank thief,she raided our fleet bank on the fed,and tried(and failed) to raid our KDF sister fleet,we don't care about the stuff,as we have already almost completely replenished what he/she took,so just a warning DO NOT INVITE HER AT ALL.

A PSA from the Temporal Directive.

Sad to hear that this has happened to your fleet. But this could have been prevented from happening. Like others have said previously, never give new recruits fleet bank access until they have earned it. It's common sense... but anyways, it sucks. And yeah, you might want to remove the handle before it gets you in trouble here :/
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • somedudezsomedudez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Right click >>>> Report to GM :D

They must have records of these events...surely?:confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    somedudez wrote: »
    Right click >>>> Report to GM :D

They must have records of these events...surely?:confused:

GM's have stated in the past they aren't able to help in the case of Fleet theft. I don't necessarily think it's right for Cryptic employees to get involved in fleet politics anyway.

For example, what if a fleet uses "instant bank access" as a recruitment perk, yet constantly gets raided as a result. Are we now expecting Cryptic to constantly police a bad fleet policy?
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor