test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Into Darkness: Would You Enjoy Receiving Pre-Movie Tidbits via STO?

alanburchalanburch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Ten Forward
With the announcement of another comic book Trek movie prequel, Star Trek Countdown to Darkness, I am curious if anyone would enjoy learning pre-movie tidbits through Star Trek Online...Any thoughts?
Post edited by alanburch on

Comments

• Options
    xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    What would STO have to do with JJ-Verse though? :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    xenor002 wrote: »

Nothing, they're totally seperate, even from the canon universe
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Aside from what was done in the 2009 film to get Mr. Spock (aka Prime Spock) into the JJ Verse (the aftermath of which is still being dealt with in STO) - absolutely nothing going forward (unless there's a further story element in the current film in production that I'm not aware of).
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No.
    As a subscriber I PAY to have no ads- see the feature matrix.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No. And the comic book series ticks me off too because it makes me feel they'll do all of the plot-relevent character building in the comic books rather than include it in the movie like normal film producers. (Nero is an effective villian in the comics. But if you never read the comics and all you see of him is in the movie, Nero is just some bald Emo who broods for 25 years before enacting some technobabble-dependant revenge)

If I have to do homework to understand the plot of your movie, you failed.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited October 2012
    alanburch wrote: »
    With the announcement of another comic book Trek movie prequel, Star Trek Countdown to Darkness, I am curious if anyone would enjoy learning pre-movie tidbits through Star Trek Online...Any thoughts?

Yeah i'd love to here more about the new movie coming out.
  • Options
    xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    claransa wrote: »
    Yeah i'd love to here more about the new movie coming out.

MY memory is fuzzy, but I believe the plot had to do with that one episode of TOS where the crewmember with psychic abilities becomes a demi-god.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    MY memory is fuzzy, but I believe the plot had to do with that one episode of TOS where the crewmember with psychic abilities becomes a demi-god.

You mean the pilot? (Technically second pilot: Where No Man Has Gone Before)
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited October 2012

That happened in the comics, I think.

Personally, I would not like spoilers to be delivered through here. Or if it was, make it so you have to actively go looking for it. I detest spoilers with a passion, as the story never has the same emotional impact when you know what's going to happen, going into the film. So no. No spoilers.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Do they have a date for the release of the comic because I would like to get this series, since I mised out on Countdown and had to get the book format.
  • Options
    miloguymiloguy Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    id love a new series , ie like voyager or some thing to come out

how long since its been since enterprise etc ,which im watching now
  • Options
    captrayvenwingcaptrayvenwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I want nothing to do with jj abrams and that cludged up piece of garbage he created
    The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
    Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Thanks I will have to look out and have my local comic book store order it. Also I do not care what you post about information on the STO forums just include (spoiler warning) or something in the title that makes most people happy.
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    YES! So much YES!! Have us get involved in some warp drive accident and punch us through to the other side!

We can fix that, and come home with news that Spock is alive and well. This should also earn us tons of Romulan Marks. :D

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    fencer8fencer8 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I would want to be included in the random nobodies that are encounter in the movie!
  • Options
    fencer8fencer8 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    miloguy wrote: »
    id love a new series , ie like voyager or some thing to come out

how long since its been since enterprise etc ,which im watching now

I on the other hand want a new series with great script writing. So much of the scripts for Voyager were not fleshed out well, poor character development, weak stories, ect. But there were the few that were ok.