test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guy who made wingcommander

diplom4tdiplom4t Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Ten Forward
I saw some posts on other space games out there, like star wars and such, so i wanted to share a upcoming game in the works!

Star Citizen is from the maker of wing commander and freelancer, he is working hard trying to bring a mmo to the pc platform by 2013

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Zc2oxijVY
Site : http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/ (full trailer)

anyhoo, the pvp should be out of this world!!
Post edited by diplom4t on

Comments

• Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I loved Wing Commander when I was younger, haven't seen or heard of it in ages though. A confession some people find hard to believe is that when I first saw Star Wars and saw Luke running out to his uncle, my first thought was "Is that Colonel Blair?":D
    that looks awesome,

i got into pc gaming cause of wing commander 3
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    looks very good.
  • Options
    miloguymiloguy Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    just out of interest found a couple sites , one to buy wing commander 3
    and the other , a dos emulator , never used one before??

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/wing_commander_3_heart_of_the_tiger

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Releases

id love to see if i could play it on windows 7:)
  • Options
    mustangpoweredmustangpowered Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wow does that bring back memories played it daily, think I still have a disc or two from the series, even liked the movie gonna have to follow this games developement
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    the extended 5 minute trailer is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlIWJlz6-Eg&feature=related

This game could be the game that makes me forget this silly little game called Star Trek Online.

Wing Commander holds a special nostalgic place in my bitter old heart. If this is set within the same universe, with the same storytelling sensibilities, I may never return to the Alpha Quadrant once this thing drops.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    hortworthortwort Member Posts: 281
    edited October 2012
    miloguy wrote: »
    is it possible to run the old games on winodow 7??

Good Old Games sells older games for cheap after tweaking them to run on modern systems. If I wanted to go through Wing Commander again, I'd probably just but them there again so I won't have to work at it.

Ohhh an MMO space fighter game does sound fun though. I played one way back called Raider Wars that never made it out of testing. It was great fun. One of the ships looked like a flying ring. The idea was that people shooting at it would shoot at the center, letting the shots just fly through the empty hole. :P It worked pretty well until someone actually landed a hit with a missile, which would send the thing spinning like a coin that was just flicked. I'd have to close my eyes and just wait to be finished off after that.
    I miss my _.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Excellent news!! Between this IP and the Shadowrun IP, things look good for the future.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That looks awesome. Though at the same time, it's a bit of a shame, cause it seems like this is another space sim without freefall, with a speed limit and a ship that'll just stop if you let go of the throttle. (That's my second most major gripe with EVE, right after the learning cliffface...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    any one knows how to open or run the old wing commaner games?
    they all have cd1 etc and they all seem to have things like install, set up etc

stumped me
  • Options
    cruisin1500cruisin1500 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    well I have pledged 100 bucks, seems the average so far is 90.

go pledge guys, WC fans! :)
  • Options
    cruisin1500cruisin1500 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    That looks awesome. Though at the same time, it's a bit of a shame, cause it seems like this is another space sim without freefall, with a speed limit and a ship that'll just stop if you let go of the throttle. (That's my second most major gripe with EVE, right after the learning cliffface...)

do some more searching the physics are newtonian, but you have the option of turning on stabalizers like in evochron so you can fly 'normlaish' or you can turn them off and use inertia, sliding etc....
  • Options
    diplom4tdiplom4t Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    well I have pledged 100 bucks, seems the average so far is 90.

go pledge guys, WC fans! :)

ya, i drop 100 bucks myself, all i can give at this time... : (

trust me, i wish i could give more, but xmas is coming up, and kids need gifts lol