test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ancient Claims IMPOSSIBLE?!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
A never-ending well of mega-tough Gorn soldiers, to say nothing of their lieutenants, and when you do manage to get to him, their captain does nothing but throw thousands of soldiers, rocks, and mutant dogs at you. And on TOP of all that, he has HEALTH REGEN?!?!

AAAORURILWNWKLRAHKLRAKLRJAKLRRGGGHH!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    A never-ending well of mega-tough Gorn soldiers, to say nothing of their lieutenants, and when you do manage to get to him, their captain does nothing but throw thousands of soldiers, rocks, and mutant dogs at you. And on TOP of all that, he has HEALTH REGEN?!?!

AAAORURILWNWKLRAHKLRAKLRJAKLRRGGGHH!!!

What was the general overview of that mission? All of the Gorn missions (at least to lvl 28) were pretty darn easy in OB.

Are you using expose/exploit?
    Do you have a Science BO with Medical Tricorder in your Away Team?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's the mission where the Gorn have taken over this archeological site because they used to live there 1000s of years ago, you have to beam down and shut off these 3 shield generators first before taking on the Gorn captain in the middle. But, the entire active zone is ALWAYS full of wandering Gorn that constantly respawn, so you have to try and sneak past them.

Now, after 29 tries, I somehow manage to kill the captain, beamed back to my ship, then dissabled their hostage ship. When all's done, I'm asked to leave the sector, and the message even says "your mission is complete." But instead of getting my reward, I get the chance to "CONTINUE: ANCIENT CLAIMS" and have to start all over again.

I HATE THIS LEVEL!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hmm... I remember that one well, as I did it 3 times with different toons. I don't recall any of the Gorn respawning (that would definitely be a major change), but I didn't sneak around at all... just took out all the groups.

Wonder if they actually put some effort into that one since beta ended?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i hope youre not grouped for that one...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I did it solo.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That mission is not impossible, its just a pain in the TRIBBLE, a major one. I often wonder why they decided to put so many enemies on that map. It's not really that fun to be honest.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    corbaer wrote:
    What was the general overview of that mission? All of the Gorn missions (at least to lvl 28) were pretty darn easy in OB.

Are you using expose/exploit?
    Do you have a Science BO with Medical Tricorder in your Away Team?

actually, you should ask, did he spend points on his medial tricorder Bridge Officers?

a 9 in Medical Tricorder does wonder. Likewise, is he still wearing white MK I or MK II gear and weapons? LOOT is very important to the game, too.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    BoydofZINJ wrote: »
    actually, you should ask, did he spend points on his medial tricorder Bridge Officers?

a 9 in Medical Tricorder does wonder. Likewise, is he still wearing white MK I or MK II gear and weapons? LOOT is very important to the game, too.

I stopped at 3 points personally (on my most recent team)... based upon my experience with difficulty on the ground, my next toon will probably only get 1 pt.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I did it in one try, without much help from my worthless science officer (fired her TRIBBLE not long after). I don't think I even died. I admit it was tough but it is was not impossible by far.

Here is how I managed it.
    -Load up with heals and shield batts.
    -Aim for the handlers first (don't remember if this had them).
    -Drop some mines or turrets. the mines really took care of a lot of hassles.
    -Isolate and attack one group at time.
    -Let your Boffs do their own thing ( I always select that option).
    -Think and plan a route.
    -Don't Leroy Jenkins it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Odd...I just did that one tonight with one of my friends. We got past the vast majority of the Gorn (you do know you can go outside the white circle right? And there are no Gorn outside that circle?), disabled the generators, then easily killed the captain, without using expose/exploit at all. Sounds like you had a bug of some kind, were you teamed when you started the mission?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Binksy wrote:
    Odd...I just did that one tonight with one of my friends. We got past the vast majority of the Gorn (you do know you can go outside the white circle right? And there are no Gorn outside that circle?), disabled the generators, then easily killed the captain, without using expose/exploit at all. Sounds like you had a bug of some kind, were you teamed when you started the mission?

You brought up a good point. You can go around a lot of stuff in this game if you want to (for now). When I start to have a rough time, I take a look around see how I can do it differently.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I just did this mission last night and found it to be the same as the OB.

I just went for the 3 consoles I had to disable. I didn't try to rush past groups. If they were close to the path I took them out. A medical tricorder BO is very useful.

The amount of Gorn on the map is amazing but if you stick to the path it is doable.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is an amazingly tough mission. I'm utterly stuck. Don't stop dying. Can't even find the damn towers.

The one (1) I did find was the tower placed DIRECTLY BEHIND YOU ON BEAM DOWN (wtf is that about?).

No idea where the rest are. Is this one of those mission you need to wait until you're super high level and come back for, or at least wait for a decent wiki site to post maps of where the damn towers are. This one is so not fun.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sandstone wrote: »
    This is an amazingly tough mission. I'm utterly stuck. Don't stop dying. Can't even find the damn towers.

The one (1) I did find was the tower placed DIRECTLY BEHIND YOU ON BEAM DOWN (wtf is that about?).

No idea where the rest are. Is this one of those mission you need to wait until you're super high level and come back for, or at least wait for a decent wiki site to post maps of where the damn towers are. This one is so not fun.

Are you stupid? Open your map. There are three sections joined to the centre. You have to disable three shield generators. Go figure.

I did what some people above me have done - go around the outside. Makes it a little easier. And really, it isn't 'amazingly tough'. Just think things through and don't go charging in Leroy Jenkins style.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sandstone wrote: »

Look around in the sky, you see big laser beams. At 1 end of the beam is the centre, at the other is the console you need to disable
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zadama wrote: »
    Are you stupid?

Wow, that's very helpful. Thanks so much.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's the mission where the Gorn have taken over this archeological site because they used to live there 1000s of years ago, you have to beam down and shut off these 3 shield generators first before taking on the Gorn captain in the middle. But, the entire active zone is ALWAYS full of wandering Gorn that constantly respawn, so you have to try and sneak past them.

Now, after 29 tries, I somehow manage to kill the captain, beamed back to my ship, then dissabled their hostage ship. When all's done, I'm asked to leave the sector, and the message even says "your mission is complete." But instead of getting my reward, I get the chance to "CONTINUE: ANCIENT CLAIMS" and have to start all over again.

I HATE THIS LEVEL!!!

I had exactly the same experience with this mission. No way in hell am I going back and doing it all over again because of some bug.

Still waiting for someone to actually look at the ticket I submitted several days ago.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mission was not that bad.

The way I do it is to go the center and clear the patrols around it. And then I kill my way out to a tower, following the road, and then back to the center. Repeat that 2x more and it is time for the captain. Focus fire on him. And off to space for the hostage ship.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Resurrecting this thread, as the problem still exists.

I've killed off the Gorn captain, was told to go to space and disable the hostage ship, then cleared to leave the system. But somehow the mission's log did not acknowledge that I killed the captain and I had the option to continue "Ancient Claims". Tried that three times but it never worked.

Really Annoying bug! :(
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Bring this old thread back again as above, done all the mission has requested but every time I go back to sector space it just says to continue the mission! Beams me down, then tells me to beam back up and take out the ship, just goes in a loop. Shoddy really that this has been bugged for SO LONG.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I did it on 7 different characters with no issues at all. Have you tried dropping it and trying again?
  • Options
    nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, I "got through" the mission in a sense. Disabled all three towers, dealt with the gorn (Found a disruptor minigun in one drop, helped quite a bit) and then disabled the battleship/beamed off the hostages. So then I leave system and like the other guy said got "continue Ancient Claims" so I figured I missed something (even though it said I had achieved all objectives),

Well, on th eplanet it now says "disable energy towers (1/3)" Energy towers? I checked all the shield towers.. nope, not them. So what are the energy towers other then a bug?
  • Options
    stojilcovizstojilcoviz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I had same problem. It seems there might be a bug if you suspend the mission on the way. I had to log off at a point and then "continued" then mission without any chance to complete it.

After several failed attempt, I've dropped the mission and reacquired it. I was then able to complete the mission in a single run without any problem.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    a post made at the release of the game finally resolved...more than 2 and a half years later^^

epic thread resurrection!:D
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    nastyhyenanastyhyena Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would call this a positive necroposting.

Rare, but it does happen!
  • Options
    admiraltirad235admiraltirad235 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Maybe get some help