test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What happened to the TNG characters in 2407?

hydaspeshydaspes Member Posts: 121 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Ten Forward
I just finished watching the TNG series for the twentieth time. It made me wonder:

In STO we live in 2407 I believe (for ever, as time does not seem to progress in STO).

So what happened to the crew members of TNG, where are they now? What are their current jobs/stations? Are they still alive?

I believe.....

Beverly Crusher is a Captain commands the medical starship U.S.S. Pasteur?
Worf is a governor of a remote Klingon colony (and not member of the counsel anymore)?
Picard is running his fathers/brothers vineyard in France?
Riker is an Admiral?
Data is a professor at Oxford University?
Is this all the case in 2407? And where are Geordi, O'Brian, Wesley, Troy, Alexander, and all the others?

Who can tell me more about them?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://www.defera.org
Post edited by hydaspes on

Comments

• Options
    rbatalla1977rbatalla1977 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Actually the year is 2409, but as far as I know, Data became Captain of the Enterprise E, but the ship was lost. You can find Worf on the Klingon homeworld, and I think Geordi is working at the Daystrom Institute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captwinters1701captwinters1701 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Unfortunately, the future can always be re-written.

The examples you mention, are from the last episode of TNG, and in a history with a big swirling anomaly in the neutral zone between the Federation and the Romulan Empire, but if you recall, since that anomaly started there, and moved backwards in time, once they figured out how to seal the anomaly, it never happened, so many things could have changed.

Great now that I am thinking about it, I'm getting a headache! :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Data lost with the ENT E
    Geordi working for the Daystrom Institute
    O'Brien is head of the Engineers corps
    Picard is the Fed ambassador to Vulcan
    Worf is sulking in the corner in the First City.
    And Spock is in a parallel version of Kirks era.
    That's about it.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sekishinfistsekishinfist Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    artan42 wrote: »
    Data lost with the ENT E

Data and the Enterprise-E were never lost. Their last mention in the path to 2409 was them being sent to investigate a starbase they lost contact with. Since no mention of them was made any further, many assumed they went missing too.

In the recent short story published in Star Trek magazine, it's revealed Data retired from Starfleet after the E was destroyed in fluidic space, while trying to stop an all out war with the Undine. He's shown currently teaching at Oxford, instead of Cambridge like in the TNG finale.
  • Options
    ianwrymianwrym Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Picard - Ambassador to Vulcan.
    Worf - Resigned from the Federation, returned to Qo'Nos.
    Riker - Was given command of the U.S.S. Titan at the end of Star Trek: Nemesis.
    Data - Became Captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise E.
    Geordi - Daystrom Institute.
    Crusher - Returned to San Francisco to head the Medical Department at Starfleet Academy. (At least I THINK that's where she went. Don't quote me on this).
    Miles - Corps of Engineers.

Dunno where Deanna Troi went...
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ianwrym wrote: »
    Dunno where Deanna Troi went...

You must have missed like the whole first part of Nemesis at the Wedding when it was revealed that Riker and Troi were both going to the Titan...
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    miloguymiloguy Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I also finished all of voyager and would like to know what happened to the crew

i wish the ships had the right interior height like on the shows.. but oh well
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    AGT Uniform = Alternate Universe.
  • Options
    woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    In "The Needs of the Many", Beverly is stated to be Captain of the U.S.S. Pasteur.
    Deanna Troi is also Captain. That's said by a waitress in the Captain's Table.

When did Geordi retire from the captaincy of the Challenger?
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wesley crusher is DEAD
    Worf has turned "old and scared"
    Piccard is mentally incompetent
    Riker is Retired (I think )
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hydaspes wrote: »
    I just finished watching the TNG series for the twentieth time. It made me wonder:

In STO we live in 2407 I believe (for ever, as time does not seem to progress in STO).

So what happened to the crew members of TNG, where are they now? What are their current jobs/stations? Are they still alive?

I believe.....

Beverly Crusher is a Captain commands the medical starship U.S.S. Pasteur?
    Worf is a governor of a remote Klingon colony (and not member of the counsel anymore)?
    Picard is running his fathers/brothers vineyard in France?
    Riker is an Admiral?
    Data is a professor at Oxford University?
    Is this all the case in 2407? And where are Geordi, O'Brian, Wesley, Troy, Alexander, and all the others?

Who can tell me more about them?

A bit of a spoiler but you can get a lot of STO's "Year 2409" lore by visiting the STO wiki :)

http://www.stowiki.org/Accolade/Lore
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    fourthofelevenfourthofeleven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    miloguy wrote: »
    I also finished all of voyager and would like to know what happened to the crew

i wish the ships had the right interior height like on the shows.. but oh well

Janeway's still an admiral, Chakotay's heading Starfleet Intelligence. Tuvok's retired. Seven of Nine's researching Borg technology at the Daystrom Institute.

The Doctor won a legal challenge to keep his holo-emitter, and had his rights as a sentient being confirmed. He's chief medical officer at Galor IV.

Kim finally got a promotion, and is head of security at Starbase 11.

Don't think Paris or Torres have been mentioned anywhere, though of course their daughter shows up in a bunch of missions.

And, of course, Icheb and Naomi Wildman are both on K-7 in-game.
  • Options
    hydaspeshydaspes Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Might as well ask it now, as we handled VOY and TNG:

What happenend to the ENT crew? All dead in the STO time of course, but did they all dissapear into obscurity (like Archer) or did they and their offspring achieve greatness?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.defera.org
  • Options
    rustychatrustychat Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Archer hardly fell into obscurity. To quote Memory Alpha
    After the founding of the Federation, Archer went on to serve in the Federation Starfleet. At his retirement from Starfleet, he was Chief of Staff at Starfleet Command with the rank of admiral. Archer became an honorary member of the Andorian Imperial Guard in 2164, Federation ambassador to Andoria in 2169, a representative on the Federation Council in 2175, and ultimately President of the United Federation of Planets in 2184, where he served for eight years

By 2184, he was 72 years old. What he did after that time is unknown. He may have died the day after the launch of the USS Enterprise in 2245, making him 133 years old and leaving a potentially large gap in his career (Andoria perhaps?), but that may or may not be canon. No children known.

Malcom Reed most likely remained with Archer, if and when their careers separated is unknown.

Hoshi Sato remained in Starfleet till the mid 2160s, when she married and developed the linguacode translation matrix.

As far as I know, pretty well nothing is known about the remaining crew members beyond the signing of the charter, nor anything about any children. One can speculate though, that Reed likely continued into the highest levels of security or intelligence, Phlox became a chief medical officer or medical researcher somewhere and so on.
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    rustychat wrote: »
    Hoshi Sato remained in Starfleet till the mid 2160s, when she married and developed the linguacode translation matrix.

As far as I know, pretty well nothing is known about the remaining crew members beyond the signing of the charter, nor anything about any children. One can speculate though, that Reed likely continued into the highest levels of security or intelligence, Phlox became a chief medical officer or medical researcher somewhere and so on.

Actually as I recall, Hoshi ended up dying at that colony Kirk was at when he was a boy.

I forget the details but I believe the gist of it was that the governor of the colony, due to extreme resource desparation, killed a large number of the colonists. Hoshi, by then an old woman, was killed as a result. I don't recall if her family also died, though they may have just killed the old/weak. I think this information technically made it to being "on screen," but the text was way too small for it to be actually made out.

In terms of the others, if you include the novels (which have been a major draw of information for STO), I believe that Trip's death was actually faked, and somehow resulted in the founding of Section 31. He ends up settling down with T'Pol under an assumed name, and if I recall correctly ends up being her "gardener" or some other menial type of labor.

Note this is all as I recall, so don't think I'm necessarily the last word on this.
  • Options
    generaldiazgeneraldiaz Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    voyager hinted that archer had relatives that made it into the modern period. this may or may not have been undine created only, but the fact that they took the time to make the grounds keeper (cant remember his name), its probable that they were related.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    Wesley crusher is DEAD
    Piccard is mentally incompetent
    Riker is Retired (I think )

Source/proof?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Source/proof?

Wesley isn't dead, but in Journey's End, he goes on an adventure with The Traveler.
    Picard, in All Good Things, has Irumodic Syndrome.
    Riker is on the Titan, prime universe, as seen on Nemesis.