test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Commendation Reports: Military Bug

grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Commendation Reports, Military Report will only accept 'Tactical' doffs for the assignment, but has a success bonus for 'Assault Squad' doffs (Security) which is impossible to obtain...
Post edited by grouchyotaku on

Comments

• aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's a bug, but an ineffectual one.

The assignment is guaranteed to succeed, therefore, using a Success trait will only to push Critical off the table. If it were possible to use Assault Squad Officers for the assignment, one would be foolish to do so.

If ever there were a bug that completely didn't need fixing, this is it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I agree with Aestu. there's no reason to use an Assault squad Doff for this at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I actively try to avoid Success traits on those missions for the above mentioned reasons. I hate the ones where you can ONLY use DOFFs with Success Traits as it drops the potential Crit
  • astariadodfastariadodf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Feet in mouth here?

This bug needs fixed - the bonus comes from Critical success which gives you 100 Fleet marks instead of the normal amount. I Always max Crit success, and when that happens it usually means the fail goes - even though you cant fail on this.
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I get better Crit chances from just using doffs that have the crit traits

Ive tried using what they ask with the traits and it always seems to be a 23% crit, then another doff with more of the traits, and I get 26%

weirdness! lol
    :eek:
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yes but when you do that you're trading 0% failure for sometimes 5% failure/disaster (generally speaking). You're getting more chance of crit, but also more change of fail.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yes but when you do that you're trading 0% failure for sometimes 5% failure/disaster (generally speaking). You're getting more chance of crit, but also more change of fail.
    that crud goes out the window with this assignment, There is no fail or disaster, so success is bad.

My favorite Doff for filing development reports isn't an entertainer. Sodu Okygen is a purple Bajoran Trader with a quadruple crit. I get a 32% crit chance using her. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012
    This will be revisited when there's time.

As Aestu said above, you actually want to only slot +Crit doffs into these assignments since a Success is a minimum guarantee. Increasing your odds of Success will actually diminish Crit, so it's not in your best interest.

In the future, when I can get the time to revisit these, I'll be removing all +Success modifiers and focusing only on +Crit for slotting. This will actually slightly increase everybody's chances to Crit and do away with the confusion of the current assignment slotting.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

As Aestu said above, you actually want to only slot +Crit doffs into these assignments since a Success is a minimum guarantee. Increasing your odds of Success will actually diminish Crit, so it's not in your best interest.

In the future, when I can get the time to revisit these, I'll be removing all +Success modifiers and focusing only on +Crit for slotting. This will actually slightly increase everybody's chances to Crit and do away with the confusion of the current assignment slotting.

I"m not sure about how it works, but if you develop such a tech, would it be possible to add this feature to other doff assignments? With a box to tick if we want to max crit instead of maxing success. Since a 400 doff roster is lagging as hell it would be nice. :)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I would just like to have one thing clarified, is this just for the commendation report missions?