test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exeter Class, any news?

ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Federation Discussion
I know is has been much desired by many players to have a fleet version/tier 5 upgrade of the Exeter class. Cryptic have said no in the past, but I was wondering if there had been any news and if that stance had changed? Would be such a waste, as the Exeter is probably one of the best reskin jobs in the whole game. I mean, surely if we can all fly around in Tholian ships and timeships from 500 years in the future... can't TRIBBLE the canon much more can they! My money is waiting Cryptic!
Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Post edited by ufpterrell on

Comments

• red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    I know is has been much desired by many players to have a fleet version/tier 5 upgrade of the Exeter class. Cryptic have said no in the past, but I was wondering if there had been any news and if that stance had changed? Would be such a waste, as the Exeter is probably one of the best reskin jobs in the whole game. I mean, surely if we can all fly around in Tholian ships and timeships from 500 years in the future... can't TRIBBLE the canon much more can they! My money is waiting Cryptic!

There's no news on this. If there ever IS news you can expect the forum to explode with several threads on it basically instantaneously, I would say.

Although I'm pretty sure it's hopeless, no thanks to CBS, I also think that it'd be great if this did happen. I surprised myself at how much I enjoyed using the Constitution-oids during leveling and wouldn't mind resuming command of one.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    they would likely have to create a new exter style ship and not let it use the light cruiser skins inorder to even remorely be allowed by CBS, since they dont want a T5 connie in the game. so unless they make a T5 Fleet Light Cruiser retrofit (or just light cruiser retro) it would have to somehow not use the connie parts, or to really TRIBBLE people off. make it exter only and cannot customize the ships skin at all minus hull patterns and colors.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    See signature...
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • utilyanutilyan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Even a Exeter T4. Might be enough.

A very high end T4.

Also MIRROR/ TERRAN T5 might be a loop hole.

With the new movies comming, not everyone wants to be a massive god-mode cruiser.

I'd pay twenty bucks for a T4 Exeter.
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I just think it's an awful waste of a wonderful ship design. Since the other Tier 2 ships have got their fleet versions... annoying and unfair that the Constitution variants should not get the same love. They don't even have to allow you to use the TMP Costitution refit model... I would be very happy with just the Exeter and/or Excalibur being available at fleet level/tier 5 since they are brand new ship designs.

Ultimately, it's down to CBS... but since they like to milk the franchise for all it's worth I've got 2000 Zen waiting to be spent, and I would happily spend it on module for an Exeter at high end. I can play at VA with the Exeter, but it takes an awful long time to kill NPC's and I dare not take it into STF's of any kind less I get shouted out and sent abusive messages.

Oh well, at least Star Trek: Excalibur is just around the corner :D.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.