test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lobi crystals and arc-wave disruptors!

jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in The Academy
Hey all,

First, I wanted to ask the community (in case I missed something) - is there a way to earn Lobi Crystals aside from purchasing reward packs? I'm sure this is elementary but I just wanted to make sure - I really want that Tactical Photonic Bridge Officer!

Secondly, I was very disappointed to find that, after saving up enough dilithium, that I couldn't purchase the "arc-wave disruptor" because I don't own a Galor class! Then I looked up the prices for a Galor and was stunned. Do people actually have that many energy credits?

Does anyone know a different way to get that particular ship weapon?

Thanks, everyone! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Eline: "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember what we were, and how we lived, then we'll have found life again." / Picard: "Eline..."
Eline: "Now we live in you. Tell them of us... my darling." -The Inner Light
Post edited by jonbre on

Comments

• twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hiya.

So far, I think there's only been (very little amounts of) Lobi to be found in selected missions for a couple of weeks this summer. Apart from that, it's limited to the lockboxes, I'm afraid.

The Spiral Wave Disruptors are reserved for owners of the Galor, so I'll have to disappoint you there, too. The idea behind putting them in the Dilitium store was that people might want to rig their Galor with 6 or 8 of these, while it only comes with 4 of them, from the box.

Mostly bad news, I'm afraid...

If you search the forums you might come across some ways to make EC's, though, there are various topics about it. Some ways require some startup capital, and some only require a fast ship (and a long breath) :)

Hope that helps...
  • jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thank you very much for the response - it was very helpful.

What's crappy is that I saved dilithium for so long for that arcwave disruptor. That's life, I guess.

In any case, thank you for the info!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eline: "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember what we were, and how we lived, then we'll have found life again." / Picard: "Eline..."
    Eline: "Now we live in you. Tell them of us... my darling." -The Inner Light
  • maelwy5maelwy5 Member Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jonbre wrote: »
    Thank you very much for the response - it was very helpful.

What's crappy is that I saved dilithium for so long for that arcwave disruptor. That's life, I guess.

In any case, thank you for the info!

"Arc-wave".... do you mean the Spiral Wave Disruptor Beam Arrays?

You could try buying Polarized Disruptor Beam Arrays from the exchange instead.
    (or buy a few of the reward packs and hope to get lucky)

The Polarized versions have similar stats/buffs, and the Proc is actually a little more helpful (at least in PVE) because instead of having a low chance to affect one random subsystem it has a low random chance to affect ALL subsystems.

You can get them with Multiple [Acc] modifiers if you're intending to PVP, but they'll be pricier.

(The Polaron energy drain mechanic was changed very recently, the amount of energy drained scales up with extra Flow Capacitors skill, but it's still quite effective with minimal investment. When it procs your enemies will be slower, take more shield damage, deal less energy damage and have their healing potential reduced...)

The other alternative are the "free" Plasma-Disruptor Hybrids :)
    [ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
  • possumlipspossumlips Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I bought the Galor with the 4 spiral wave disruptor beams but i wasn't impressed.I prefer my Ferengi D'Kora or Tholian Recluse over it.I might be using it wrong.Maybe i will add more beams from the dilithium store to it.You may know this already but if you buy 500 zen for $5 at the c-store, it will get you 78,000 dilithium on the dilithium exchange at todays rates.I did that in order to have enough to buy the blue rare fighters for my Atrox carrier and Armitage carrier instead of the green uncommons they come with.
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    possumlips wrote: »
    I bought the Galor with the 4 spiral wave disruptor beams but i wasn't impressed.I prefer my Ferengi D'Kora or Tholian Recluse over it.I might be using it wrong.Maybe i will add more beams from the dilithium store to it.

The Spiral Wave Disruptors aren't limited to use by the Galor; you simply need to own Galor in the first place to actually use them. Slap those beams on your D'Kora or Recluse if you like those ships more.

As was stated by Maelwys above, the Polarized Disruptors are a nice alternative. Also, they're available in more forms of weaponry, rather than only Beam Arrays.

The Plasma-Disruptors are fun, but they only go up to MK XI Rare, AFAIK. Also, they're only available in Beam Arrays or Dual Heavy Cannons.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • possumlipspossumlips Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The Plasma-Disruptors are fun, but they only go up to MK XI Rare, AFAIK. Also, they're only available in Beam Arrays or Dual Heavy Cannons.

Just found that out replaying the episode "past imperfect" hoping to get them in a XI purple.I picked for the XI beam array as the 1st time i played i got the X version.Guess i wont waste my time replaying it for a blue XI dual heavy cannons.Found a replay chart on STO wiki but the info is wrong on alot of the rewards. The colored chart leads you to think on some rewards you only get up to the rare "blue" versions when in fact if you finish as a upper admiral you get a purple.