test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Elite Ground Gear

mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So, my fleet unlocked the final piece of Fleet Elite ground gear today, personal shields. I'm just gonna give some basic info on each, and my thoughts on them. Mostly it's an info thing, so people can know what to expect.

Elite Personal Shields:

Modifiers: CapX2, one other modifier of your choice, and Adapt.

New Modifier Info: The Adapt, isn't like the Borg adaptation on the ground, but much more like the Aegis set's Reactive Shielding. It has a stacking bonus up to 10 times (and for multiple damage types if applicable), adding shield resistance against the damage type.

Thoughts: The Adapt modifier is rather nice, I won't deny, the problem with it, is that you lose shields SO quickly it doesn't matter unless you are using lots of shield heals (MACO ground set, Shield heal items, Engineering shield heals, and so on). Even so, it's not bad, just only really get usage from it if you have shields in the first place.

Elite Ground Armor:

Modifiers: ResAll, one other modifier of your choice, and Nanite, plus the base stats of the armor you choose.

New Modifier Info: Nanite acts much like the Nanite Health Monitor of Science captains, but activates at a lower health percentage, providing a large, guaranteed health heal. You can also see a visible flag/icon under your health bar that says 'Nanite' (with something else I can't remember), and I believe it either disappears, or starts a cooldown under the icon when the effect is activated. Either way, it takes 3 minutes before it can happen again.

Thoughts: Nanite is better than Adapt in my opinion, because it's also guaranteed, and can save you in a pinch with nothing else to turn to. The biggest problem is more the long cooldown, since 3 minutes is quite awhile to wait. Although it does make sense of course why it would be that way.

Elite Ground Weapons:

Modifiers: DmgX2, one modifier of your choice, and either SHeal (for phasers), Disrupt (for Disruptors), plus the normal procs of each weapon.

New Modifier Info: SHeal has a chance to heal some shields every time you successfully hit an enemy. Disrupt has a good chance to vaporize an enemy low on health.

Thoughts: The phaser ones seem to focus more on multi-targetting/AoE, allowing for multiple chances at the shield heal, which can be useful with the Adapt of the elite shields. Disruptors are pretty much all one-targetting weapons, and while the chance is greater, the 'low health' needed to make it happen is quite vague, and rather annoying to figure out how effective it is; however, it is nice when it kills a rather strong enemy. I've seen it vaporize the Gorn boss on Deferi.

I will say that the Phasers tend to be more useful on tacs, and Disruptors on engineers and science characters, although that's not a rule at all, just that being able to insta-kill an enemy can be useful for the characters who can't deal as much damage with their normal weapons.

Overall Thoughts: I was annoyed at first at the limited choice of weapons and armor, but when I calmed down a bit and thought about it, it make a lot of sense.

They are meant to be roughly on-par with the Mk XII Stf ground sets, and in that regard, they did succeed. Now of course, there's no set-bonuses or anything, but that's part of the trade-off at being able to buy them outright compared to getting a drop, at least IMO.

The Advanced Gear is like Borg Standard Issue, good, but not top of the line. Elite Gear is like the Mk XII sets, the best of the best, but limited in the choices you have. Advanced Gear is rather generic, and won't really keep you wanting it forever, but can still supplement a set if you are using one as a secondary weapon. Elite Gear is still meant to be used more together (again, the exception being if you use a weapon to supplement your Stf set).

The weakest point probably again has to be the shields, because while the Adapt is nice, again, you just lose them so fast no matter what you are doing; in PvE the enemies hit so hard it doesn't matter, and in PvP there's a heap of ways, including straight-out damage, to get rid of shields anyways.

Finishing up: I do think that they did well though. They kept it limited, true, but still useful and effective. It's by no means perfect, but if you are wanting high-end gear without wanting to chance the elite ground Stfs for prototype tech, then this stuff is great as a 2nd choice.
I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
Post edited by mimey2 on

Comments

• Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited October 2012
    The only grip I have, is that as "Elite" gear, they should have some in a full set with set powers and visuals like the stf gear. By a devs own admission, these items are of the very best in Fed and KDF technology, which should put them above stf gear.
    The very least they should come with, is a full suit with helmet like the stf elite gear...
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for posting this. My fleet is about 4 days from starting the T3 Fabricator upgrade, but a ways farther out from T3 Science.

The Elite bonuses are nice, but would be nicer if they could be manually activated with a 3 min cool down. I understand that Cryptic didn't want to do this so as not to diminish the value of the STF sets. The funny thing is, when I read posts like these, it seems that the STF crowd is the group most in favor of seeing the bonuses bumped up for Elite ground gear.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    The only grip I have, is that as "Elite" gear, they should have some in a full set with set powers and visuals like the stf gear. By a devs own admission, these items are of the very best in Fed and KDF technology, which should put them above stf gear.
    The very least they should come with, is a full suit with helmet like the stf elite gear...

Well, that might be so, but it would probably be extremely difficult to code in all the different possible variations people might have. So they'd probably rather stick to only having 3 items in a set and no other choices to have these 'fleet sets'. At which point, people would be complaining for the lack of any choices whatsoever, and would rather go to the STF gear.
    Thanks for posting this. My fleet is about 4 days from starting the T3 Fabricator upgrade, but a ways farther out from T3 Science.

The Elite bonuses are nice, but would be nicer if they could be manually activated with a 3 min cool down. I understand that Cryptic didn't want to do this so as not to diminish the value of the STF sets. The funny thing is, when I read posts like these, it seems that the STF crowd is the group most in favor of seeing the bonuses bumped up for Elite ground gear.

No problem, glad to give out the info and such for everybody who wants to read it, whether they can buy it yet or not. (Oh yes, if you want to, you can go to other fleet's bases and buy elite ground gear from their base, and it uses your provisions.)

Honestly, I don't think giving the Nanite thing a pressable activation ruins anything. If they're so worried, let it stay at the 50% health requirement, although I could understand how it might be a little abused with Tactical Initiative. Still, I'd rather have the heal happen when I am fighting say...Becky at the end of Infected, rather than a random Tactical Drone who got a lucky critical right before we fight her.

Well, it does make an excellent alternative to Elite STF ground sets. By no means do I intend at all to earn full Mk XII sets for all of my toons. One Fed is gonna eventually get full MACO, and one KDF is gonna get full Honor Guard (and one of them somewhere will get full Omega Force). Aside from that, no dice on getting it for everyone else.

Heck, Advanced Gear alone is a good alternative if you don't really care about being Borg-specific.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No new skins for fleet gear and weapons made me laugh

Also fleet armor is royally TRIBBLE - since it's not on par with maco or omega:

If I equip fleet shield or armor I lose my current STF abilities but perhaps most importantly fast remodulation.
    So while you do get more dps, you also get less time where you are shooting.

Though for me personally there is nothing I'd give up my predator-stealth-camo for either.

But hey sure a secondary fleet weapon why not, just makes very little sense to spend 1 million dilithium for +3 dps and an extra heal every 3 minutes :rolleyes:
    And I don't know how many stf and fleet missions you have to grind for a fleet weapon but it's more than 5 count me out
  • Options
    arrowdasharrowdash Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Elite fleet ground weapons do have new/unique skins.
  • Options
    jayfresh11jayfresh11 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How much are elite gear and weapons? Do you just buy them or do you have to work for it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jayfresh11 wrote: »
    How much are elite gear and weapons? Do you just buy them or do you have to work for it?

Same as all Fleet gear: Provisions.

No exceptions.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Same as all Fleet gear: Provisions.

No exceptions.
    Thanks for answering my question. I was really curios.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok i get the heal but is the chanse of the shield heal worth giving up the 3 extra dps points you know ya getting every shot, I like heals but i allways want more power lol any thoughts.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Anyone have info on Fleet Elite Melee Weapons?
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ok i get the heal but is the chanse of the shield heal worth giving up the 3 extra dps points you know ya getting every shot, I like heals but i allways want more power lol any thoughts.

Something to consider: the shield heal proc was changed with the recent patch. It's now a heal over time as opposed to a large heal, like hitting a shield battery. When you add that to the "chance" to proc, DPS may be more valuable to you.

I'm still roughly two days away from starting construction on the T3 fabricator. I can't shake a feeling of irritation with how Elite ground gear has been setup. From what I've read about the DPS and weapon types, I'm getting the feeling I'll mostly be picking up a couple of these for the unique artwork. I know they didn't want to over power these weapons compared to STF gear, but STF gear doesn't require a monetized in game currency (dilithium) to purchase. I'll have to hold off on a true review until I get my hands on the gear myself. The armor at least looks worth getting.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Anyone have info on Fleet Elite Melee Weapons?

Advanced ones aren't...bad. A good trade-off if you just want a nice melee weapon without trying the exchange. They all have Dmg x3 and CrtD or CrtH.

Elite ones (lirpas for Feds, and I presume Bat'leths for KDF)...

Dmg x2, CrtD or CrtH, and KB3.

Unless I was mistaken of course, and they have something else. That said, not really that useful to be honest. I didn't even see the KB3 proc in the rest of the tooltip info on the lirpas at least, only in the modifiers.

I wouldn't say they're very useful or worth using. You'd be better off spending 50 lobi and buying a weapon from there, that'll at least let you use a nice weapon plus the unique effect(s) it has, like the Tholian Sword. Or for Klingons, stick with a Shard Sword of Kahless.
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    KB3 on melee weapons is bad mmmmkay...

i don't want the enemy to get pushed out of range when i hit him in the face, i want him to get stunned or rooted, not pushed away.

Also the KDF Disruptor Minigun STILL fires orange Phaser Bolts instead of Green Disruptor Bolts, please swap the FX out to the correct one, kthx

the damage is disruptor, but the visuals say phaser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Also the fleet melee weapons are actually weaker then the standerd ones, the none fleet purple mkxi melee weapons actually have a higher dps on them so there not worth it
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Something else I noticed today is that they removed Elite Disruptors from the Fed elite gear (and I would guess Elite phasers from KDF).
  • Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What I believe they should add that could possibly solve the problem (that is loosing MACO/Omega/Honor Guard set bonus abilities)... Is a 4th piece to each ground set, a device which adds a new ability, but not one which is incredibly valuable, so for example a passive ability which will auto counter assimilation when all 4 set pieces are equipped, the device could be something which increases dodge chance as well as movement speed (which would be useful right?), so think of Melora's exoskeleton (click).

That way you could choose to swap out either say the STF set shield or Armour for one of the fleet Elite ground gear items, and as long as you have the device equipped you wouldn't loose any of the STF set bonuses, meaning you'd keep that quick remodulation.
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Do the weapons look unique?
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Do the weapons look unique?

Melee or ranged?

I don't own a melee one, so no clue, but the elite weapons do have unique models and such. You can see at least the phasers in the Fed SB in those large, glass cases near the requisition doorway.
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Melee or ranged?

I don't own a melee one, so no clue, but the elite weapons do have unique models and such. You can see at least the phasers in the Fed SB in those large, glass cases near the requisition doorway.

Nice, those look badass.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I hear a lot of different opinions regarding advanced and elite fleet ground gear. Some people say that the advanced is more worth it than the elite, some say the reverse. I would like to know what are the big differences between the two? I would think that the elite fleet ground gear would be way better because they are "elite." Is there a big gap in power and abilities between the two? Thanks in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited October 2012
    Well, the main thing is, if you have STFs sets, the entire fleet items are pretty much not worth the effort performance wise. Ground items especially, space items is debatable.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well, the main thing is, if you have STFs sets, the entire fleet items are pretty much not worth the effort performance wise. Ground items especially, space items is debatable.

I'd say the ground items are worth being your second weapon slot weapon.

I think a major improvement would be if they changed weapon slots so that everyone had two ranged weapons and one melee instead of two to divide however they see fit. I currently swap my off weapon between a sword and an Elite Fleet Disruptor Rifle between fights, with MACO Mk XI rifle as my primary for the set bonus.

I think STFs demand having rifles of two energy types for large sections whereas other chunks benefit from having melee. I don't think people should have to choose between having melee and a second ranged weapon in the offslot.

I also don't think range should be forced so much unless weapon ranges get equalized.

In general, I shoot for the Infected Optional with two rifles. When and if that fails, I swap to melee/rifle combo.

Then in the last phase, I go two rifles with a melee kit for finishing off Borg as I jump or if they respawn in the boss fight. It allows me to tackle threatening respawns without wasting any remodulations except against Rebecca.
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Advanced have all energy Types
    use old art assets
    have a DMGx3 +1 random modifier

Elite are limited to Phaser (fed) / Disruptor (kdf)
    use NEW shiny art assets
    have a DMGx2 +1 *Elite mod* +1 random modifier

so the question is if you like a single DMG modifier or for example a CrthX mod (which is Critical Hit and Chance combined but with half the oomph of full one of both)

the Elite modifiers are the ones that every Elite weapon has,
    Fed Phasers get something to reload shields by chance, over time...

KDF disruptors get something that can by chance instakill enemies with low health.

IMHO both of it gets lost in all the math flying around the battlefield, the shiny weapon skins are worth more to me than any of their stats.

And imho the Fleet Phaser Sniper Rilfe looks far better than the MACO rifle, too bad the MACO rilfe is part of the Set, so you will want to use the MACO Phaser and a different energy type weapon for STFs....

with the Omega Set you can use whatever Fleet Phaser you want, thats cool...

and of course the Klingon Honor Guard Set has a Disruptor, so same problem as the MACO set on the KDF side.

Elite Armors give health when your health is low, like once a minute, makes you a bit more tanky.

Elite Shields... ADAPT to incoming damage.

not sure if the adaption is worth much, usually shields are down in one or two shots anyway, not much time to adapt there and the adaption probably will not last long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well Zerobang, since Jayfresh's thread got merged with mine, you can look at the first page to know all the exact details of the new equipment.
  • Options
    bloodtalonbloodtalon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have a question.

My Fleet has these on vendor i have the required stuff to get them but it will not let me buy them is there something else that is required or enabled by myself? Thanks for any help :)
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Some fleets restrict purchases to rank within the fleet. So if you are new in the fleet, maybe you'll need a promotion first before you are allowed to buy stuff. This is usually done to prevent ninja looters who just waste up provisions and don't actually contribute to the fleet.

You'll have to check with your fleet what the specific requirements are to advance. Some fleets make it dependent on time in the fleet, most on ressources contributed, it can be anything. Ask your fleetmates.