test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Camera Zooming under ship

kaeajakaeaja Member Posts: 517 Arc User
Is there ANY way that I can stop the camera from zooming in under my ship when it goes to warp? Honestly if I cannot then that is completely stupid, who wants to see their ship from such a bad angle? I want to be able to see my ship....MY ENTIRE ship from a zoomed out angle with free control over the camera like with Transwarp in Sector space so I can see exactly what is happening (IE like when the LRSV-R (Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit) goes into warp, its Warp Nacelles fold up, or when the Wells Class goes into warp, its top Temporal Discs fold up as well, but I cannot really see them from the underside of the ship and sometimes the camera zooms in so far that the back half of the ship is cut off...so please could someone tell me how to stop this from happening and if there isnt a way then Cryptic/PWE you need to fix the game so this stops happening, what is the point in ships having these moveable parts that only move when entering/exiting warp, if you cannot always see them do it?

So yeah....what is the point of the camera zooming in on the ship? Cant it just stay zoomed out so we can see the whole ship as it goes to warp? I mean on big ships like the Atrox or Odyssey all you ever see is the front most half of the ship its ridiculous.
Post edited by kaeaja on

Comments

• kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This has been discussed before. The zoom angles are really bad on some of the ships. I captain a LRSV-R, and I only see the nacelles once in a while. More often than not, I zoom in and see the tip of my saucer or nothing.

kinda lame, Cryptic... you make these kick TRIBBLE animations for you ships. and we can only see them... in a lottery or something...:rolleyes:
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    warp out sequences certainly could use some QA time...

since they played around with the camera distances the warp outs on many ships are totally off the mark
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kaeaja wrote: »
    Is there ANY way that I can stop the camera from zooming in under my ship when it goes to warp? Honestly if I cannot then that is completely stupid, who wants to see their ship from such a bad angle? I want to be able to see my ship....MY ENTIRE ship from a zoomed out angle with free control over the camera like with Transwarp in Sector space so I can see exactly what is happening (IE like when the LRSV-R (Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit) goes into warp, its Warp Nacelles fold up, or when the Wells Class goes into warp, its top Temporal Discs fold up as well, but I cannot really see them from the underside of the ship and sometimes the camera zooms in so far that the back half of the ship is cut off...so please could someone tell me how to stop this from happening and if there isnt a way then Cryptic/PWE you need to fix the game so this stops happening, what is the point in ships having these moveable parts that only move when entering/exiting warp, if you cannot always see them do it?

So yeah....what is the point of the camera zooming in on the ship? Cant it just stay zoomed out so we can see the whole ship as it goes to warp? I mean on big ships like the Atrox or Odyssey all you ever see is the front most half of the ship its ridiculous.

Please don't tempt them to play with the camera again. Last time they tried, it caused fallout on an epic scale.
  • stockwelldaystockwellday Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well, it can't get any worse.

Cryptic: Challenge accepted!

But seriously, the warping is terribad. I think part of the problem is the tiny zones and the ridiculously long time a ship is still at sublight speeds before it warps. Absurdly long warp trails.

The current system makes me feel like everything on my ship stops when I go to warp.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I agree that fiddling with the effect could very well break something else...

But come on, this is supposed to be a cinematic effect! Who wants a cinematic view of the underside of the hull before it warps out of sight?

I'd like to see it fixed too, if possible to do with out major breakage.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek