test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 2, 2012

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.20.20120909a.24

EDITED to make one of the counselors redundant.

General:
  • Re-increased the Dilithium mining rewards.
  • Updated the Mirror Qin Raptor Bridge Officer Seating.
    • It incorrectly had an Ensign Tactical seat, which is what the standard, non-mirror Qin Raptor has.
    • It was corrected so it now has an Ensign Engineering seat.
  • The Tal'Kyr small craft can now use the V.S.S. registry Name prefix and the VS registry Number prefix.
  • Freighters can now use the NAR registry Number prefix.
  • Updated the 29th Century Pistol:
    • The Damage Immunity will no longer sometimes last longer than the duration of the associated Stasis Field effect.
    • The effects of the 29th Century Stasis Pistol's secondary fire can now be reduced by having a high Willpower skill.
    • Targets affected by the Stasis Beam will no longer be affected by it while they are already under its affects.
  • Time Travel Duty Officer Assignments:
    • Numeric rewards for all Time Travel assignments have been dramatically increased.
    • Medical Assignment now requires either a Counselor, Nurse or Medic.
    • Medical Assignment no longer has a success modifier for slotting a Warp Theorist.
    • Medical Assignment second officer slot is now restricted to Medical only, it no longer allows Science department officers to be slotted.
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Foundry assets please??
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    [*]Medical Assignment now requires either a Counselor, Nurse or Counselor.

So, Doctors don't count as medical doffs anymore but Counselor-Counselors do? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited October 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    So, Doctors don't count as medical doffs anymore but Counselor-Counselors do? :D

Someone has to councel the councelors! :P ;)
  • Options
    maddinm214maddinm214 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sorry for constandly asking, news about new translations?
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »

Haha!
    J-Man clarified this, and one of the Counselors has been replaced with a Medic. :)
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    [*]Updated the 29th Century Pistol:
    • The Damage Immunity will no longer sometimes last longer than the duration of the associated Stasis Field effect.
    • The effects of the 29th Century Stasis Pistol's secondary fire can now be reduced by having a high Willpower skill.
    • Targets affected by the Stasis Beam will no longer be affected by it while they are already under its affects.

That's good for PvP. Now, the flipside is that the PvE effect is nowhere useful enough to give up 3 mods and 10 DPS.

It's underpowered compared to other 50 Lobi weapons, as is the Rifle.

It's underpowered when you look at the opportunity cost of obtaining one. Which is 14-16 million EC.

Consider:

I buy 12 lockbox keys. That should get me 50 Lobi on average. Now... I pay 1.5 mil EC per key. I make maybe around 4 million back on average. Net cost 14 million EC.

The same money will get me a sonic antiproton rifle Mk XII, purple quality, or a disruptor stun pistol Mk XII purple quality with millions of EC to spare. Those are Mk XII, have three mods and 10 higher base DPS.

The stun pistol and its rifle counterpart have no mods and do 10 less DPS. They don't work well together (stasis immunity eats rifle charges). They don't work well handed to BOffs who fire blindly. They're a massive downgrade from any other weapon I might stock.

I could see sacrificing 1 mod for the stasis (which works once per NPC). But the reality is, while I've held an enemy for 7 seconds, I've also done at least 70 less damage in the time since that enemy was stunned. Substantially less because the lack of mods.

In effect, while I froze one enemy out, there is one more enemy alive than there would be otherwise.

And it's worse if I got enough for a full away team.

And using the pistol on one character or away team member makes using the rifle (already lackluster range and DPS) WORSE because there's a better chance of of the stray pulse targets has immunity from damage.

These weapons needed a PvP nerf but they need a PvP buff badly.

For the SAME PRICE you have one weapon which offers no damage resists and another weapon that deals energy damage that Borg cannot adapt to.

It's a 29th century weapon that is less impressive and powerful than 23rd century weapons.

I can't understand how your space balance can be so concerned with "make it good for the money" and the ground balance manages to nerf the overpowered aspect of this (small group ground PvP) without addressing its underpowered aspects (everywhere else).
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Okay. Deep breath. You are friggin' awesome, Zero.

I offer feedback because I am passionate. You guys rock. Really. :-)
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    • Updated the Mirror Qin Raptor Bridge Officer Seating.
    • It incorrectly had an Ensign Tactical seat, which is what the standard, non-mirror Qin Raptor has.
    • It was corrected so it now has an Ensign Engineering seat.

Will this change the versions already opened? In the past we've had to delete and reclaim ships from the shipyard when fixed. Unlike those, this ship comes from a box, will we have to replace them?
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    "Re-increased the Dilithium mining rewards"

Ok, some clarification? Don't quite understand this one.
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Okay. Deep breath. You are friggin' awesome, Zero.

I offer feedback because I am passionate. You guys rock. Really. :-)

Your critique/feedback was still on point though. They both need a damage boost into the high 90s, minimum, in order for them to be viable weapons for a VA to use. Throw in the fact they are only obtainable via a monetized in game currency...
  • Options
    outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    "Re-increased the Dilithium mining rewards"

Ok, some clarification? Don't quite understand this one.

Dilithium mining rewards were increased for a recent patch...then dropped. The increase was about...20-25%
  • Options
    verda9938verda9938 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm wondering if anyone else is missing all of the temporal items in the lobi store.
  • Options
    outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Did anyone even noticed that? I mean who even does that?

Anyone desperate for dilithium.
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Did anyone even noticed that? I mean who even does that?

I've noticed people with only 1 or 2 toons still run this.. Most people I know with 5+ toons just do foundry stuff and spam STFs flipping between alts..

It makes sense tho.. doing it while in STF CD

I'd still like to know if the Mirror Qin changes will be retroactive since a good number of people cannot reclaim the ship.
  • Options
    destroyer4316destroyer4316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have noticed the dilithium mining increase and I like it. Dil is dil. Anyway before i would score between 775-1085 on the minigame and it would give me 100 dil normally and 140 on bonus hour. The increase gave me 125 dil normally and 200 dil on bonus hour. For clarification before I would get 500 dil normally and 700 during bonus hour. Now I get 625 normally and close to 1000 during bonus hour. But since the last patch it went back to the usually 100 dil instead of 125.

So you see that the dil does give you a bigger chunk of dil then before and is now more useful. I like that they upped it and will fix it. Sometimes I can do it twice if I haven't done the daily for a few days so 2000 dil from it...... Good Deal! Plus if you do it on the bonus hour you only have to get 7k dil afterward :)
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Mirror Quinn Raptor is now finally a great one! The standard Quinn Raptor should have this setup as well. :) I guess I'll have to get it. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited October 2012
    Are there any plans to fix the Common Fleet Doffs that are in the wrong categories? I'm thinking specifically of the Armory Officers who are listed as Tactical when they should be in Security.

This issue has been reported for several weeks but I see no mention of a correction.

Thank you.
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How about the fact that about half of the Biochemists I find are catagorized as Med and half are Sci? This is for just random ones I get from the Personel Officer as well since I don't have access to the fleet doff store yet.
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You might want to edit the official release notes. They have the typo from the medical temporal doffs in it. Can't reply to that one though.

Official Patch notes:

Time Travel Duty Officer Assignments:

Numeric rewards for all Time Travel assignments have been dramatically increased.
    Medical Assignment now requires either a Counselor, Nurse or Counselor.
    Medical Assignment no longer has a success modifier for slotting a Warp Theorist.
    Medical Assignment second officer slot is now restricted to Medical only, it no longer allows Science department officers to be slotted.