test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Consoles to get best use of a Fleet Norgh?

patrickngopatrickngo Member Posts: 9,963 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Klingon Discussion
Okay, here's what I have so far:

Fleet Norgh, with Fleet Deflector (MkXII), Fleet Polaron weps (MkXII cannons and heavies with turrets), Tac consoles are all Polaron (yes, it's a Pol-Boat).

Best practices: What Science and Engineering consoles will work best. I'm a Tac captain specced in Stealth and Insulators (I do run STF's from time to time) who likes to play in Kerrat (where people bring their newest toys.)

Currently on BOFFs run EPS 1 and 2, Extend 1 and 2, APD's 1, 2, and 3, GW (for fighter swarms), CRF1, CRF2, and two copies of Tac Team (useful in CSE when the Borgships send out the boarding parties).

I want to really make this Norgh sing, but I'm kind of questioning on what I need to run in the other six slots (three slots eng. three slots sci) as far as consoles to make it happen. Should I go for boosting manuever and shields at the cost of hull, or spec in lots of hull armor?

I know people down the thin-skinned BoP class as a whole, and all that, so I've probably heard "get a Crusier/Raptor" before-not what I'm asking about.

I want to make my Norgh sing.
Nature doesn't HAVE to be nice, or polite.

Free Hong Kong.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• darienavandarienavan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Conservative build:

Cmdr tac.: TT1 / APB1 / APO1 / APO3
    Lt.Cmdr tac: TT1 / CRF1 / CRF2

LT.Cmdr eng: EPtS1 / EPtS2 / A2D2
    LT. Sci: HE1 / TSS2 (or ST2 for PvP)

Put in the same Keybind: APB1/APO1/APO3/CRF1/CRF2/EPtS1/EPtS2/A2D2/Fleet support
    Manually activate CRF2 + APO3, then just hit the relevant key to keep the keybind active.

Weapons:
    front: 3-4 Polaron dual cannons (does not hit so hard as DHC, but procs more often)
    0-1 Torpedo of your choice (usually Quantum, but Harg'Peng is also fine or bioneural from Qorgh)
    Back: 2 Polaron turrets

Engine: Borg
    Shield: JemHadar
    Deflector: Jem hadar

Tac console: 3x Polaron damage upgrade
    Sci console: 2-3x Field Generator, 0-1 flow Capacitor
    eng.console: borg assimilated console, Plasmonic leech console (buyable with Vandaldestroyer), Graviton Pulse Generator (buyable with Pach)

2 Part JemHadar is additional 7,6% Polaron damage, the deflector adds+24 to flow capacitors (better drain from polaron as well as plasmonic leech)

Plasmonic leech and polaron proc will steal most energy of the enemy, so he is slow, has no firepower and weak shield regen = easy prey.

the Gravitiongenerator further increases this effect, but can also be used as an escape mechanism: place it, hit Evasive Maneuvers, get distance, cloak, attack again
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Since I'm interested in this ship myself, how does it hold up?

Does the low hull impair it much?