test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would like to have an Exchange terminal on a Fleet Starbase

anthonyxmas1anthonyxmas1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I see in the Fleet Advancement System that we can add terminals or NPCs for Mail, Bank, and Tailor, as well as other NPCs for DOFFs and skill training by advancing the starbase to different tiers.

But I didn't see that a fleet can add an Exchange terminal.

An oversight?

If fleet starbases are going to have a bank or mail, it seems that adding access to the Exchange would also be desirable.

How about it, Cryptic?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
Post edited by anthonyxmas1 on

Comments

• mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Was discussed a couple of days ago. Also still wondering if it;s an oversight.

In the room with the bank and Officer of the Watch, there is that long console behind everything. I wondered if that's where it;s supposed to be.
  • hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    Its not. If fleet starbases have the exchange, other starbases like esd and ds9 would be worthless!
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • enemyoffateenemyoffate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hrci2907 wrote: »
    Its not. If fleet starbases have the exchange, other starbases like esd and ds9 would be worthless!

Can't you call a freight trader with the first quest in the game to any location to sector space. And that doesn't make them useless. Unless you're speakin on more than bank/exchange/mail. Then it's more open. But a function already with a cooldown, may not seem like much. I hardly ever use the item, so the 2h cooldown doesn't bother me as much. I would at least like to see a fleet bank system, or personal bank there if any function at all. :D

P:S
    I see your point, i just think it may be possible to make it work in some regards at least :D
    Plato Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
    Plato
  • anthonyxmas1anthonyxmas1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

No, "public" starbases will never be worthless. New players not in fleets, players who refuse to join fleets, players who have not gotten their fleets advanced to have an Exchange (if offered), and players "between" fleets will always need an Exchange terminal in the main, fleet-independent "public" starbases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Having exchanges on the starbases may help with the overload issues hubs have. Move traffic away from them.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And we only go to ESD these days for promotions and to buy fighters
    Live long and Prosper
  • ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You know what? It will be one of those 200 000 dilithium special feature project... :D
    izNBNFT.jpg
    edited July 2012
    I was hoping for some of those to be

Heads (for those who do not know what these are its "bathroom")

Cargo bay

TOS uniforms for npcs

maybe even a working runabout pad
    Live long and Prosper
  • trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I support this as people in our fleet want this too.
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    TOS uniforms for npcs
    Welcome to 2409. NPCs do not belong in TOS uniforms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    yes they DO

they do not belong in Borg hardware
    Live long and Prosper
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yes they DO

they do not belong in Borg hardware
    Sometimes I do wonder if you're just TRIBBLE with everyone for the lulz.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sumghai wrote: »
    Sometimes I do wonder if you're just TRIBBLE with everyone for the lulz.
    He probably is. A good troll is one that's very hard to spot. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    eulifdavis wrote: »
    Welcome to 2409. NPCs do not belong in TOS uniforms.

Per the loading screen: Starfleet changed their uniform code to allow the wear of multiple different uniforms throughout the fleet.
    TOS garb is classified as "uniform" at the tailor, not "off duty". Combined with the loading screen, one should easily infer that TOS is an valid uniform option in 2409.

Heck, the "grunts" of all 4 my Fed toons spent some time in TOS unis by virtue of me equipping the Connie bridge on at least one ship each toon commanded... (3 of the 4 did their low levels in the Connie, my first toon blew through them before I got the pack...)

Sorry if our sense of nostalgia blows apart your sense of the "future", this is what you get for playing a Star Trek game...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    edited July 2012
    I happen to like tos uniforms and gear (and ships)

why should my alt fleet wear tos unforms
    Live long and Prosper
  • flyingcatmanflyingcatman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Forget TOS uniforms, give us First Contact uniforms :P
    ---
    On topic, I would REALLY like the exchange to be a featured Project.

Cryptic, please, MAKE IT SO! :D
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    maybe even a working runabout pad

My buddy fell though the floor in the turbolift when rezoning (it happens on ESD too), he saw down there a shuttlebay below the starbase's main concourse, he said there was a couple of Aramatige's down there too.

Stuff for a future project?
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    grtiggy wrote: »
    this i think EVERYONE would like VERY much

Agreed... Exchange on the SB would be good!
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I see in the Fleet Advancement System that we can add terminals or NPCs for Mail, Bank, and Tailor, as well as other NPCs for DOFFs and skill training by advancing the starbase to different tiers.

But I didn't see that a fleet can add an Exchange terminal.

An oversight?

If fleet starbases are going to have a bank or mail, it seems that adding access to the Exchange would also be desirable.

How about it, Cryptic?

Yeah, I can't quite figure out why it's not there to be honest. It seems rather essential to me to be honest. Make it so!
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You know what? It will be one of those 200 000 dilithium special feature project... :D

If so then it will be one actually worth getting for a change...

Really? All I have to do is go to the bridge of my D'Kora or Tuffli (those little ships can support an Exchange why can't a massive starbase?) However I do still visit ESD and DS9 (not often, but occasionally)
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I also agree, eventually nearly anything you can do at a hub will be available at a Fleet Starbase. An exchange would just make it nice. Heck, add that as part of the tier 3 starbase upgrade (it makes sense, since you unlock mail, than bank at tier 1 and 2).

What I am curious about it, what is the reasoning for it NOT being there already? If they have a REALLY good reason that isn't something cheap like 'we don't wanna get rid of hubs', which is a bunch of hooey since if that was true, we wouldn't have Fleet SBs anyways.

I mean, honestly, between a fleet member having a D'kora or Tuffli, or even just summoning the freighter, the exchange issue isn't that much of a deal. Even if you can't do any of those three things, you can still go to K-7, Ganalda, or Drozana.

Still, why not include it?
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    what i would like to see is exchange
    and crafting Console on the starbase
    so people have the choice to save up and buy the fleet items
    or craft it..
  • llyodstylesllyodstyles Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    artanisen wrote: »
    what i would like to see is exchange
    and crafting Console on the starbase
    so people have the choice to save up and buy the fleet items
    or craft it..

I do believe there is a crafting station planned or all ready available for starbases, its a high level project I think
    We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
    Winston Churchill

1st Lt, M.A.C.O. Foxtrot Squadron

• kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    mimey2 wrote: »
    ...Even if you can't do any of those three things, you can still go to K-7, Ganalda, or Drozana.

Sierra-39, Bajor, and BG Omega as well. (Is there one on Defera?) There's already a bunch of ways to get to an Exchange, yet ESD and DS9 are still swamped. I vote for adding one!
  • ru4tedwardru4tedward Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kasandaro wrote: »
    Sierra-39, Bajor, and BG Omega as well. (Is there one on Defera?) There's already a bunch of ways to get to an Exchange, yet ESD and DS9 are still swamped. I vote for adding one!

I generally prefer the exchange at the Academy. But in that case it's because it's conveniently located near a bank and mail terminal. Plus, ESD doesn't have a duty officer option. UFP would LOVE to have an exchange at it's base... even if it's as much of a pain in the butt as the Bartender was.

EDIT: This post has been closed due to being a "necro" thread. Remember, if a thread has not been posted to in over 30 days, please start a new thread to discuss a topic :) Thanks! ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.