test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need help with LR Science Vessel Retro (Sci/sci)

zabonamzabonam Member Posts: 25 Arc User
I am currently leveling an alt, and eventually want to use the Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit as I am a huge fan of Voyager, so just a bit of fun really.

Ideally I'd like to be support/healer, but if the ship is more suited to something else then by all means tell me.

These are the two builds I have found so far, I have been going more towards the first one but could use some feedback.

On the first I swapped out feedback pulse for repulsors since I have found it to be useful in STFs on my Dreadnought Cruiser and wanted to keep the ability.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=ScienceShieldnuker_0

3rd Fleet Intrepid build

Please try and give me some kind of idea in regards to what kind of beam weapons to use etc. I will be mainly PvE'ing in the STF missions.

Many thanks all.
Post edited by zabonam on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I'll just go for a mix of the two then. Added most of the first build, but changed what I needed to so I could add photonic shockwave. Seems to be working ok so far.

Thanks for the help, or lack thereof...
  • Options
    tillioutilliou Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have a completely different build, but I did not necessarily right.

For me:
    1st, stf = dps and is the main defect of the scientific
    so you have priority boost in damage

2nd, as in any case we can not match the tactical to the damage, the better to do is boost their dps.

3nd, your shield is your life

Here is my build
    http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=scidpsTilliou2_0

Equipment set

6 beam weapon (antiproton) (borg)
    M.A.C.O. Graviton Deflector Array
    Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines
    Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array

or

Jem'Hadar Deflector Dish
    M.A.C.O. Impulse Engines
    M.A.C.O. Resilient Shield Array

Engineering Consoles
    2*EPS Flow Regulator
    Assimilated Module

Science Consoles
    2*Flow Capacitor
    Field Generator
    Shield Emitter Amplifier
    or
    4*Flow Capacitor

Tactical Consoles
    2*damage type

Energy: 100/85 54/25 54/25 97/65

Siphon -> EPtW -> Beam overload.

Always EPtw before Beam overload. (drop shield instantly/ 15k+ crit on hull if you are lucky)

Science team and TSS always enabled
    Use chain cycle

I hope it can help you

ps: it's a repost of my old message with minor modif on
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4198094&postcount=3
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the reply.

I am almost at max level now, only got 3 levels to go. So soon will be trying the STFs properly.

Anyway, for the moment I wanted to test Cygone's torpedo boat, so I set it up as best I could on the Luna class. It does alright dps, but I really miss having some energy weapons. I have the fore launchers set to autofire, but it always requires me to manually fire the first time for that to work which is annoying, especially when switching targets.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Decided to try your build now. I really didn't like being a torpedo boat at all. I missed energy weapons. I am going to go with phasers instead of antiproton though since I had a phaser relay console laying around.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Swapped a beam in the fore slot for a tricobalt torpedo. When the shields drop I like being able to hit them with some serious hull dmg.