test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AFKers and the lack of ANY action...:mad:

grethoregrethore Member Posts: 41 Arc User
Just wanted to put my 2 cents here, not that it matters since PWE/Cryptic likely doesn't care...seeing as they haven't done anything about it so far.

Now, just about every single STF has someone AFKing the entire run. I've reported them before, one in particular who shall remain nameless for now, MULTIPLE times. And what has PWE/Cryptic done? NOTHING!

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, if it doesn't directly impact their income, that they couldn't care less. Not taking any action just demonstrates that PWE/Cryptic is just another Corporation with no moral backbone and that obviously, the people that work there are of shall we say poor character. Heaven forbid they do the right thing for once, even if it costs them a miniscule amount of cash in the short run. In the long run, it would have paid off, but they cant see that.

As far as I see it, I cant see spending any real world money on a game that can't or refuses to invest in itself in any real way. So, I wont until or IF they ever do. I doubt it though. Sad to see that responsibility and honor are non existent today. Especially when it would take 5-10 minutes to address the issue in a small way by sending out little notes to the reported players, suggesting that they stop. Five to 10 minutes and that's too much effort for PWE/cryptic to do.

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Really says a lot about the company and the people that work there.

Anyways, just venting. And yes I know someone will say it...run with a fleet..yadda yadda yadda. I shouldn't have to. People should be decent enough to not do soemthing like that in the first place. Secondly, companies should take responsibility for their products and police it when needed. If people and a company refuse to do that, then neither deserve the right to exist. It's one thing to not be able to, another to refuse to.
Post edited by grethore on

Comments

• Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So... let me get this straight. You pug. And expect decency, intelligence, and common courtesy? Dude, it's a pug. You should go in expecting EVERYONE to be an imbecile. Only expect the above virtues if you fly with your fleet.

I have the misfortune of having a different time zone as most of my fleet, so when I come all, they all sleeping XD. So I pug. But I pug knowing that I am pugging and fully expecting my team to be TRIBBLE beyond belief. More often than not I am proven wrong, but I figure it's better to go in expecting the worst and get something better than go to in expecting life to be peachy and getting annoyed over it.

So basically what I am saying is that if you pug, expect stupidity. It's the nature of pugs... and I don't mean to sound rude, but maybe this isn't the game for you if you can't just take the fact that there are morons who play/leech off of others.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have 20+ characters - if I get in any stf or fleet event and there is an Afker I leave - move to another character. A lot will depend on he first few minutes where I see how good/powerfull the other 3 are - if someone dies in the first 2 minute you know the game is toast.

Same thing on infected - if someone blows a gen early - had one guy today - started destroying while the rest of us were working on the CUBE!! - needless to say it started spawning nanites - ok then you go into super F'd up mode - attack only nanites - I will say in chat - if it does not have the word "nanite" ignore it

well I will give it a few minutes and if they are chasing spheres all or the place then I am gone. I don't have an hour to burn on an STF infected space!
  • Options
    treffelltreffell Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    that was interestiung

"if you pug you will be with imbeciles"

kinda degrading to alot of people

oh, its a fleet boiy- its how they think and write

fleet leaders are even worse
  • Options
    waarderwaarder Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Why dont they just make a button, when you c some one afk, push the button next to him. If 2 people out of 5 do that, and the person doesnt take action in lets say 1 min, then he is out of the STF..

But that doesnt bug me that often.
    The worst is some "Elite" players stop playing the STF at all when they see there is not going to be a bonus reward.
    -
    so they get the normal reward with out doing anything....And they call them selfs social players.
  • Options
    kamenskshaxkamenskshax Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've never failed a mission due to an AFK-er - griefing and ignorance, yes, but not through non participation.

I'm not doubting anyone's integrity - I guess I've been lucky, but I mostly PUG elite STF's and occasional Fleet Actions, and haven't noticed anyone ever not participating. I've seen people lose connection and come back, or (as has happened to me) real life takes priority some time.

There is a lot of forum space spent asking for solutions to an unsolvable problem - RL will always take priority. ISP's will always drop your connection. And maybe, just maybe, very occasionally someone will sit and watch the screen bored for 15 minutes while other people play a game - you need to be watching to get the loot, so pointless otherwise.

Accept and move on is my advice, or as every other thread says, don't pug - do pre-made
  • Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So... let me get this straight. You pug. And expect decency, intelligence, and common courtesy? Dude, it's a pug. You should go in expecting EVERYONE to be an imbecile. Only expect the above virtues if you fly with your fleet.

I have the misfortune of having a different time zone as most of my fleet, so when I come all, they all sleeping XD. So I pug. But I pug knowing that I am pugging and fully expecting my team to be TRIBBLE beyond belief. More often than not I am proven wrong, but I figure it's better to go in expecting the worst and get something better than go to in expecting life to be peachy and getting annoyed over it.

So basically what I am saying is that if you pug, expect stupidity. It's the nature of pugs... and I don't mean to sound rude, but maybe this isn't the game for you if you can't just take the fact that there are morons who play/leech off of others.

I have to agree here. When you enter a PUG, hope for the best, expect the worst.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    I have to agree here. When you enter a PUG, hope for the best, expect the worst.
    And I think that says it all. PUGs can be awesome, some really are and are just lone wolfs who PUG for that reason.

Others are griefers, incompetent, ignorant or just plain bad.

The thing is you can get any mix, and you kinda have to be prepared for that in this sort of game unfortunately, it's sad, and frustrating, but there are ways around it if you choose to use them.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited October 2012

you put it really harsh, but you are absolutely right. It is a lottery...
    To the OP i can only say: Join a large fleet, or join the stf channel before you PUG.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Can you possibly BE more insulting ?

The difference between a PUG and a fleet STF is HOW the mission is completed. Fleet has one way to do a mission, PUG changes depending on who you get. I find PUG STF's much more challenging and fun (no offense fleetmates).

Adapt, and survive baby !
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I agree with the OP.

I don't want to hear about PuG this and PuG that, maybe we don't all have enough people/people willing/same time zones to go do a mission every time we want to do a mission.

AFK is bull and shouldn't be allowed. I always send them a tell saying how I feel about their AFK ways and report them.. yes it may do nothing, or may not be an acceptable offense in order for anything to be done, but I do it. And maybe if others did the same PWE/Cryptic would do something.. lol.. yeah

I am sure the OP did not start this thread with the hope that the sammme old tired people would tell him/her.. "what do you expect".. "join a fleet".. "stf channel".. we have ALL HEARD IT BEFORE.

Sometimes we need to vent and complain and say how we feel, and what should be done.

and for the guy who said "So... let me get this straight. You pug. And expect decency, intelligence, and common courtesy? Dude, it's a pug. You should go in expecting EVERYONE to be an imbecile. Only expect the above virtues if you fly with your fleet." .. TOTALLY A TROLL remark.. jerky and mean.

I PuG all the time, and maybe get an AFK'r 2/10 times. It is a challenge.. where is the challenge in going in with your fleet and acting like robots repeating mundane predicable tasks? Boooring.

WEEKDAY PuG's are fine... WEEKEND PuG's now... don't get me started.
    :eek:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, I've had a few times where I intentionally lead enemies to the AFKer just so they would kill them. Unfortunately you can still do loot rolls while dead....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Can you possibly BE more insulting ?

The difference between a PUG and a fleet STF is HOW the mission is completed. Fleet has one way to do a mission, PUG changes depending on who you get. I find PUG STF's much more challenging and fun (no offense fleetmates).

Adapt, and survive baby !

This, absolutely.
    Adaptability grows in PUGS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]