test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Swimwear Costume Options

selraxxxselraxxx Member Posts: 89 Arc User
Ok, we have racing uniforms... How about some swimwear options for our visits to Risa? Bikinis, One pieces and Trunks would be nice.. Sunglasses and sandals too maybe.

Just a wish/suggestion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by selraxxx on

Comments

• Options
    irrapirthesecondirrapirthesecond Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd put my trill in one.
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes but only if these costumes were restricted to Risa so I don't have to see people fighting the Borg in STFs with naught but trunks/bikini and a weapon or running around ESD/First City wearing that little. :P
    I'd put my trill in one.

That's what she said.
  • Options
    nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    defalus wrote: »
    Yes but only if these costumes were restricted to Risa so I don't have to see people fighting the Borg in STFs with naught but trunks/bikini and a weapon or running around ESD/First City wearing that little. :P

+1 to that
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited September 2012

That's the first thing I thought of. My new fed alt running through an STF with a sniper rifle, wearing a bikini.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Have it be an armour piece.

Hey wait! Come back! I'm not done explaining myself yet!

How I would solve that is simply have the swimsuit be an equitable armour piece that offers no bonus. (Except maybe a huge threat boost, tee hee hee.) So they really ARE asking for it if they go into battle in their skivvies.

Honestly though, I don't think it's that big of a deal. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Swimwear for Risa would be really nice. I'd grab some in a heartbeat.

The main problem is, how can you get the majority of players to actually visit Risa in order to justify dev resources on more costume pieces?

More swimwear should be developed in conjunction with more compelling activities to do in the Risa social zone, rather than just RP.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sumghai wrote: »
    More swimwear should be developed in conjunction with more compelling activities to do in the Risa social zone, rather than just RP.

Swimming animations?
  • Options
    momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Fine by me, as long as the swimwear is only on Risa.

How do you incentivize going to Risa? For the people that actually care about swimwear for their characters, it only being wearable on Risa is all the incentive you need. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm all for it being available everywhere. Swimwear isn't any worse than some of the dayglo rainbow "uniforms" I see everywhere.

Plus if it was Risa only then I'd want a complete overhaul of Risa so I can spend longer than the ten seconds it takes to get bored with having sweet FA to do there.

Also if you're worried about someone in swimwear in a pug STF then you must be picking up some amazingly well coordinated pugs, what others are wearing is the least of my concerns there.

I feel truly sorry for you if how much skin someone is showing is what worries you as you commit genocide upon NPCs.
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As long as Ferasans and Caitians can't wear them, hairy look isn't a nice look. It's bad enough with the Terran Empire Federation uniforms for females.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    cormoran wrote: »
    I feel truly sorry for you if how much skin someone is showing is what worries you as you commit genocide upon NPCs.

Oh I'm not worried about how much skin someone is showing, I was just concerned that someone wearing that little in combat might get a little bruised and burned. I'd really love to go into a combat situation with bikini barbie at my side, I think it would be a fine addition to the game and if they could make it so... well gee that would just be swell.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I like the no protection Idea to discourage running stf's in bikinis.
    Throw in a sundress (fem) / Hawaiian print shirt (male) too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rustychatrustychat Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Might as well make it available everywhere. They'd still be wearing more than many Orion females you see running around :P
  • Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012

"The Borg may have adapted to both my rifles... Let's see them take on my Plasma cannon!!!"

(NSFW dear god please don't click that in front of small children!!!)
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Swim Wear Costumes...

Whilst we're at it, any chance we could give us a Banana Costume too? And a Tomato one. You know, just for those occasions when you want to dress up as a fruit and charge into battle.

We don't need Swim Wear Costumes; they're not practical in the slightest. How often does anyone even visit Risa? There is very little to do there without trying to justify the need for a costume that shows you as much skin (polygons) as possible. It's not like you're going to be looking at an impressive cleavage, case you hadn't noticed, the models are designed that way; check the Orion females or the open top uniforms.

It's impractical and a waste of resources. If you want to see skin that much, go watch some adult films.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    "Need" is not a factor in a @#$% video game. I want my lady admirals running around in bikinis because it will give me joy, and that's all the justification I require.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    hanover2 wrote: »
    "Need" is not a factor in a @#$% video game. I want my lady admirals running around in bikinis because it will give me joy, and that's all the justification I require.
    I'd get an equal amount of joy running around as a Banana.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    flash525 wrote: »
    Swim Wear Costumes...

Whilst we're at it, any chance we could give us a Banana Costume too? And a Tomato one. You know, just for those occasions when you want to dress up as a fruit and charge into battle.

We don't need Swim Wear Costumes; they're not practical in the slightest. How often does anyone even visit Risa? There is very little to do there without trying to justify the need for a costume that shows you as much skin (polygons) as possible. It's not like you're going to be looking at an impressive cleavage, case you hadn't noticed, the models are designed that way; check the Orion females or the open top uniforms.

It's impractical and a waste of resources. If you want to see skin that much, go watch some adult films.
    I would be nice if Risa had a few minigamess. Maybe one related to swimming? :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I would be nice if Risa had a few minigamess. Maybe one related to swimming? :D
    If there was a purpose for these costumes, then I'd be all for it. If (when visiting Risa) there were mini-games to participate in, then maybe, just maybe they'd be warranted.

The problem then though is that people would want more mini-games for the other planets. Better Ushaan battles on Andoria, Pon Far rituals on Vulcan, mud baths on Tellar Prime (when the planet shows up), alcohol-fuelled nights out on Earth ect...

I'd rather them give us other mini-games like Chess, Poker ect first.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    If there was a purpose for these costumes, then I'd be all for it. If (when visiting Risa) there were mini-games to participate in, then maybe, just maybe they'd be warranted.

The problem then though is that people would want more mini-games for the other planets. Better Ushaan battles on Andoria, Pon Far rituals on Vulcan, mud baths on Tellar Prime (when the planet shows up), alcohol-fuelled nights out on Earth ect...

I'd rather them give us other mini-games like Chess, Poker ect first.
    I'd start with Risa simply because it'd give people a reason to actually VISIT. As-is it's a pathetically boring planet.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd get an equal amount of joy running around as a Banana.

Make yourself really tall and paint yourself Yellow.

Swimwear isn't a terrible idea even if you could wear it any time you want. Sure people would abuse it, but they do that already. :P
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They'd definitely get some money out of me for a bikini costume pack.

You hear that, Cryptic?
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    some of the "evening dress" type outfits are pretty close as-is...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    suprcheezesuprcheeze Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You can technically already do this, if you know how to make client-side mods. Of course, it only shows up for you, not anyone else...
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Something I'd actually spend some of my stipend on. :D
  • Options
    kagurazaka77kagurazaka77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    selraxxx wrote: »
    I like the no protection Idea to discourage running stf's in bikinis.
    Throw in a sundress (fem) / Hawaiian print shirt (male) too

I would demand that the females also get access to the Hawaiian shirt. My main would look adorable in that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
  • Options
    chakittychakitty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    suprcheeze wrote: »
    You can technically already do this, if you know how to make client-side mods. Of course, it only shows up for you, not anyone else...

Where can I learn how to do this? I want to at least see my Fed characters in the Orion uniforms. Would be better if I can also give them decent hair and put them in swimsuits.
  • Options
    kagurazaka77kagurazaka77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That's probably not something you should be discussing here. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
  • Options
    suprcheezesuprcheeze Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    chakitty wrote: »
    Where can I learn how to do this? I want to at least see my Fed characters in the Orion uniforms. Would be better if I can also give them decent hair and put them in swimsuits.
    Yeah, not something to discuss on the official forums.