What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GM/ Customer Service/ Billing Support and Tickets

Comments

• Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited August 2012
    The average response time is 7 days. The longest reply I have gotten (paid account) was 33 days.
  • Options
    baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The average response time is 7 days. The longest reply I have gotten (paid account) was 33 days.

Thank you. I was just concerned they went into a black hole when they were sent, lol.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The, supposed, wait time is 3-4 Business Days. The PW staff supports 14 games so it's first-come, first served. But I also think it breaks down by category. I had a billing question that was responded to in about 12 hours, whereas my missing Uniform issue took 6 days - but that included a weekend.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I gave up on the in game support ticket and just emailed them from the support section on the website. I got a reply within 3-4 hours and my problem was fixed the next day.
  • Options
    robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not sure if I would waste my time the last one I got encouraged me to create a thread in the forums for my issue! I was like "What the...." and my fellow fleet members could not help but laugh! The customer support trouble ticket guys told us to start a thread about my issue so I decided not to do that and instead warn you not to expect a resolution to your issue if it does not meet the guidelines of their program!

What I am saying is if your issue is not listed on their script they will encourage you to talk about it on the forums. Not sure if the others have noticed but the CSR's responses on the the trouble tickets are all scripted they reminded me of the time when I worked at a call center and use to do a e mail support.
  • Options
    anyamaraxiamaraanyamaraxiamara Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Any estimates on how long it takes to get a response on tickets? When I go to to the in game one I sent in in the "View My tickets" it says "Created 3 days ago" and status still says "New" and the one I made via the forums was posted 9/1 and still says "Unresolved" so I will guess they havent even read either yet?

Returning player, unable to chat after more then a week.

I have read a few posts that said Free to Play accounts are limited in chat until/unless they have any of the following:

Existing Account/Characters
    Purchased something from the store
    Have a Zen balance
    20+ hours gameplay on any/all characters

I have had the account subscribed enough previously to aquire the "Dauntless, Magnificent, Redoubtable, Relentless, Stalwart, and Valiant titles". Using the /played command it tells me my character has been on active duty for 72 days, 51 minutes, 50 seconds.

I have a Vice Admiral ranked character, and I recently purchased Zen to buy lockbox keys, yet I am still unable to use any chat other then Team chat / tells from friends. Bought stuff from CStore, I have even left myself sitting online for hours when i'm busy/afk to see if it is counting hours since I came back...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Simi - Anyamara - Xiamara
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Any estimates on how long it takes to get a response on tickets?

Scroll up three posts before yours; four posts before this response.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would just like to be able to complete my name change request. The process always stops and locks up towards the end.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    bones7799bones7799 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Heya so just out my own personal curiosity, i would like to know what I've been reported for . Not necessarily by whom because that doesn't matter to me, but just to see the silly things i have been accused of (some of which may be real idk). is there any way i could get a report on how many times I've been reported or is that "confidential"?
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bones7799 wrote: »
    Heya so just out my own personal curiosity, i would like to know what I've been reported for . Not necessarily by whom because that doesn't matter to me, but just to see the silly things i have been accused of (some of which may be real idk). is there any way i could get a report on how many times I've been reported or is that "confidential"?

If you mean in game, if the action warranted a GM issuing a warning then yes odds are you can contact support and get that information (as to what you did etc). If not, almost likely not. But either way you'd have to contact support to ask.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Im waiting for response over 3 weeks now and still no answer to my request.
    Guys from support and gm send me to report bug when i made ticket to them( they answer in same day or next day) but fellas from report bug still didnt response on my request.

My Request was to fix bug on my federation character that cant rafine raw dilithium because it say that i hit 8k rafined dilithium for that day(still have 0 rafined dilithium)even if i didnt even touch rafine button for all day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    plox21 wrote: »
    Im waiting for response over 3 weeks now and still no answer to my request.
    Guys from support and gm send me to report bug when i made ticket to them( they answer in same day or next day) but fellas from report bug still didnt response on my request.

My Request was to fix bug on my federation character that cant rafine raw dilithium because it say that i hit 8k rafined dilithium for that day(still have 0 rafined dilithium)even if i didnt even touch rafine button for all day.

"Report Bug" will never get you a response. It goes to completely different people. You wanted GM support.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    ussbridgeburnerussbridgeburner Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hello there,

i have been around STO from the beginning, left a couple of times...always returned because despite all the bugs and partly shallow gameplay it is a good game.

but here is what drives me nuts. everytime i contact customer support, i get useless generic answers that in some cases, like today, do not even relate to the problem.

now here's the thing, this time, real money is involved and i get really bitchy when someone takes my money and does not deliver. even more so right after i thought "hey, that f2p experience wasnt too bad, i am going to buy me 2 character slots, and add a subscription for 3 months". i added 1 character and now it says, all slots filled.

i was very specific in my ticket.
    the answer i got from CS was that there is nothing wrong witzh my duty officer slots ...

anyways, underwhelmed right again. i seem to not learn that well ;)

greetings,
    quick ben
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    i agree the dilithium exchange has taken my zen but not give me any dilithium but also will not give me my zen back and support are doing jack TRIBBLE about it
    You are aware that you actually need to withdraw the Dilithium from the Dilithium Exchange, right? It doesn't actually just give it to you. Just checking as I have seen a LOT of people make that same mistake.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hello there,

i have been around STO from the beginning, left a couple of times...always returned because despite all the bugs and partly shallow gameplay it is a good game.

but here is what drives me nuts. everytime i contact customer support, i get useless generic answers that in some cases, like today, do not even relate to the problem.

now here's the thing, this time, real money is involved and i get really bitchy when someone takes my money and does not deliver. even more so right after i thought "hey, that f2p experience wasnt too bad, i am going to buy me 2 character slots, and add a subscription for 3 months". i added 1 character and now it says, all slots filled.

i was very specific in my ticket.
    the answer i got from CS was that there is nothing wrong witzh my duty officer slots ...

anyways, underwhelmed right again. i seem to not learn that well ;)

greetings,
    quick ben

Join the club :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    STO hasn't had customer support since Season 2 or 3. Automated support is not support it's just a way for them to slap you in the face kindly. STO support system is basically fictional.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    mjaymor78 wrote: »
    STO hasn't had customer support since Season 2 or 3. Automated support is not support it's just a way for them to slap you in the face kindly. STO support system is basically fictional.

i remember having useless CS encounters again and again...dont even know what made me expect different results now...

basically fictional made my day, though ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    i remember having useless CS encounters again and again...dont even know what made me expect different results now...

basically fictional made my day, though ;)
    All you need to do is refile your CS ticket and explain the situation again.

As far as Character Slots, there's probably a lot more going on there then you know. For example, the game does not give you generic Slots any more. It gives you assigned slots: 1 Fed and 1 KDF - if you're Gold you get 1 Fed, 1 KDF, and 1 generic.

If you were Gold prior to FTP and had 3 Fed characters and returned as Silver technically the game should delete 2 of those characters, but it doesn't. It lets you keep them, but when you buy new Character Slots it assigns those illegal character to the slots. So in this situation it's possible to buy 2 Character Slots and have all your Fed Slots filled, but it would still let you make KDF characters.

So it's a little more complicated then just buying Slots. But keep after Support and they will get back to you. I've filed over a dozen tickets since FTP and I eventually get things resolved.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    All you need to do is refile your CS ticket and explain the situation again.

As far as Character Slots, there's probably a lot more going on there then you know. For example, the game does not give you generic Slots any more. It gives you assigned slots: 1 Fed and 1 KDF - if you're Gold you get 1 Fed, 1 KDF, and 1 generic.

If you were Gold prior to FTP and had 3 Fed characters and returned as Silver technically the game should delete 2 of those characters, but it doesn't. It lets you keep them, but when you buy new Character Slots it assigns those illegal character to the slots. So in this situation it's possible to buy 2 Character Slots and have all your Fed Slots filled, but it would still let you make KDF characters.

So it's a little more complicated then just buying Slots. But keep after Support and they will get back to you. I've filed over a dozen tickets since FTP and I eventually get things resolved.

of course i updated the ticket and explained again before i started venting on the forums. i do not doubt that this situation is going to be resolved, i have just been furious about running into problems again virtually minutes after i put money into this game again and getting a useless reply telling me there's nothing wrong with the amount of doff slots i got when i clearly stated it was about character slots.
  • Options
    chomerlywarnerchomerlywarner Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've never had to contact the support team at any point but since i now want to buy some Zen for my account i have to.

Even though my Cryptic account had/has been linked with a Perfect World account, i am having issues as my STO character and server does not show up.
    And to make matters worse, whenever i click the link for ticket support or contact us, the website throws up redirection errors on both.
    This both in Internet Explorer and Firefox.

This issue has been happening for the past couple of weeks and it's obvious that it's not going to go away so what are my options now?
    Should i create a ticket in game?
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've never had to contact the support team at any point but since i now want to buy some Zen for my account i have to.

Even though my Cryptic account had/has been linked with a Perfect World account, i am having issues as my STO character and server does not show up.
    And to make matters worse, whenever i click the link for ticket support or contact us, the website throws up redirection errors on both.
    This both in Internet Explorer and Firefox.

This issue has been happening for the past couple of weeks and it's obvious that it's not going to go away so what are my options now?
    Should i create a ticket in game?
    You can or you can e-mail customerservice@perfectworld.com from the e-mail the account is bound to :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    edited September 2012
    The redirect error is probably because you're using goggle chrome. PW's sites are very flash/java heavy and this interferes with chrome's internal flash system. Chrome has a lot of issues because many people's computers have Flash double-installed and this causes chrome to crash - especially while watching videos.

If you try logging in using another browser the redirect should disappear and Support should work fine for you. The email also works fine, though. :)
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The redirect error is probably because you're using goggle chrome. PW's sites are very flash/java heavy and this interferes with chrome's internal flash system. Chrome has a lot of issues because many people's computers have Flash double-installed and this causes chrome to crash - especially while watching videos.
    I don't have Google Chrome, though still have the exact same problem. I'm using Firefox.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    holyhelmetholyhelmet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ok i have created two in game tickets for support but it doesn't show up in game when i look.
    Is it broken?

I want to have my main characters tactical initiative sorted. It used to work fine, but it stopped working and it still works fine on my other character

Its meant to work every 3 mins, but it only works every other time I use it, making it work only every 6 mins.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2012
    holyhelmet wrote: »
    Ok i have created two in game tickets for support but it doesn't show up in game when i look.
    Is it broken?

I want to have my main characters tactical initiative sorted. It used to work fine, but it stopped working and it still works fine on my other character

Its meant to work every 3 mins, but it only works every other time I use it, making it work only every 6 mins.

If you've submitted a bug report, it gets sent to QA and is not viewable in the tickets area. If you've submitted a GM ticket, it should still show. Please refer to the first post in this thread for more information :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If you've submitted a bug report, it gets sent to QA and is not viewable in the tickets area. If you've submitted a GM ticket, it should still show. Please refer to the first post in this thread for more information :)
    I can get into the Support Home page, but the moment I click on Contact Us I get back a falied page notification telling me the page hasn't displayed correctly.

I'm using Firefox (15.0.1), though to be fair I wouldn't have thought Firefox the problem. I've never had trouble before, though the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to access that page. Can't think of anything I've changed/added/deleted to make it a problem for me either. :confused:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    flash525 wrote: »
    I can get into the Support Home page, but the moment I click on Contact Us I get back a falied page notification telling me the page hasn't displayed correctly.

I'm using Firefox (15.0.1), though to be fair I wouldn't have thought Firefox the problem. I've never had trouble before, though the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to access that page. Can't think of anything I've changed/added/deleted to make it a problem for me either. :confused:

Same here, just when I wanted to pick the sub offer which failed too.
    askray wrote: »
    You can or you can e-mail customerservice@perfectworld.com from the e-mail the account is bound to :)

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    rekshawkinsrekshawkins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How may I contact a GM for assistance? My son and I share an account and we have a player which I assume is using multiple accounts to harass me. Does not matter if I block him or not, new accounts or different accounts keep popping up in my tells and emails. I have saved some emails for GM help. I attempted to contact a gm before but no luck, this has been going on for a week now and I get 15-20 mails a days and he claims to be having all his "friends" report me. I admit to be a little harsh after turning down multiple and I mean tons of fleet invites from this guy, finally saying something along the lines of "I do not want to be apart of your stupid fleet" or something of that nature. If a GM could contact me I can forwards some messages that I have saved. Or I can post them on the forums. They include but are not limited to; how my family and I need to die, how he wishes to find us and kill us, how I am the scumbag of the STO community, etc.
    Again wouldn't be an issue if it was just 1 account sending hate tells and mails or if my son didn't get on and fly my ship for fun.
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.