test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Space Weapons Fire Sound effects

starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
Did the weapons fire in space sound effects get changed on this last patch 20 Sept. It seems to be much louder and Phaser fire has a much anoying high tinty pitch to it now. Please look into it a fix it back. I have had to lower my volume on both my computers now and I can hardly here the nice background music.
Post edited by starmanj on

Comments

• lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I was experiencing this with my Anti-Proton cannons last night. They are much louder than they were pre-patch. They pretty much drown out all of the effect sounds. I've had to drastically reduce my effects volume slider to be able to play the game at my normal sound levels.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, I was noticing my Phased Tetryon Dual Beam Bank firing a lot louder. I don't mind, really.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • scbypwrscbypwr Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Its fracking fantastic....leave it this way. This and some of the graphics upgrades/restorations are really nice looking on gravity wells and tyken's rifts!
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just turn down FX volume.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I noticed it on my Atrox with tet beam arrays...seems a heck of alot better IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I noticed it with the quantum torpedos. Had much more oomph when fired.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Antiproton weapons sound way much better now. They've gained a slight volume increase as well as a bass increase(you know like bass speakers) i think they mighta lowered APs whiney like phaser sounds too.
  • captainlimcaptainlim Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    still good,i like the sounds but its very loud even i put on 75% volume. If i lower a bit,it doesn't sound good anymore
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Loving the OOMPH from my quad cannons, but I do think some of the sound effects are a bit unbalanced in volume. I can barely hear my phaser turrets firing on some occasions, for example.
  • apolloserenusapolloserenus Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I noticed that too, went into the audio tab in my Options menu and turned the FX down until it was comfortable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Im so glad im not going crazy and others are noticing this.

One time my closest teammate was 5km away and the sound of his phasers still dround out my own weapons. The balance is definitely off. I am hearing my teammates weapons far louder than my own.

Also I can almost always hear my AP cannons, sometimes hear my tetryon beams, and i can never hear my disruptor cannons if someone else is firing
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just turn down FX volume.

The problem there is, it lowers all sound effects. What they need is a slider just for weapon sounds.

Or just lower the level for AP weapons. The actual sound is not bad and I would love to use them, but they are just too damn loud. It's bad enough when a ship next to me is using them, but on my own ship, I just can't take it.
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is some sort of Audio bug, i had it for a while about a month back. Then it fixed itself on me.
  • sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I barely notice a difference really. It definitely isn't bothering me.