test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else kind of half tempted to buy lockbox keys but then have second thoughs?

fangwolf1fangwolf1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Im here looking at these keys and prices and I am going why should i even bother since I already own a dreadnought and artox carrier and i have the subspace transport ability as well so i just don't see the point plus I keep thinking ill get junk if I go and open 100 box's lol
Post edited by fangwolf1 on

Comments

• defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Buy keys to not open the boxes but to buy what is within.

In other words if you really want a lockbox ship or good item from the boxes sell the keys when they are high on the exchange and use the ec to get what you want, odds are it'll be cheaper and less dissapointing than hoping to get what you want from random chance.

As I write this lockbox keys at the moment are 1.4 mil ec and assuming you sell your figure of 100 keys thats 140 million ec.... so let fate decide what you get or buy what you want.
    Buy keys at a discount and wait until next week. They said the timeships will be coming by the end of the month. I assume those will be in a new lockbox. Once this event ends on the 27th, I imagine that box will drop, and a whole lot more people will be racing to tear into them. If that happens, there's a chance key prices could jump up closer to 2mil a piece (unless the sale messed that up). If there's something in those boxes you want, it shouldn't take many key sales to get it.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nephilim83 wrote: »
    Buy keys at a discount and wait until next week. They said the timeships will be coming by the end of the month. I assume those will be in a new lockbox.

That's highly possible. But wasn't there an anouncement as well that the Vesta will be coming this month? That would be a lot of new ships.
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lockbox sale to encourage players to spend Zen then release new ships/lockbox next week meaning players who spent all their Zen need to to buy more... maybe I'm being cynical again.
    Lockbox sale to encourage players to spend Zen then release new ships/lockbox next week meaning players who spent all their Zen need to to buy more... maybe I'm being cynical again.

Nope sounds dead on, we all know the dirty tricks they use. This entire lock box rerun is probably part of their master plan.

Our time dealing with PWE has shown us that their is no end to their greed. Less work more money is their ultimate goal. Makes me think they are less honest than car salesman or politicians. :(
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • fangwolf1fangwolf1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well since I never opened or used any of the keys yet i could always wait nothing wrong with waiting I suspose and in the meantime I can get 100 of those box's and just wait it out and see what comes out next.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nope sounds dead on, we all know the dirty tricks they use. This entire lock box rerun is probably part of their master plan.(

Simple: A very limited time offer on very desirable items. Anyway it has nothing to do with dilithium since someone has to buy the zens to buy the keys, and buyers won't buy more because you need more zen on the market guys.

But you won't have time to farm to get some dil or credits if you don't already have them.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.