test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"The Vault" is now almost impossible

caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I dunno what the last patch did (there's nothing in the release notes) but in the last room Obisek now takes AGES to switch off the thalaron projector.

In fact he takes almost exactly as long as you have to clear the room.
First few times I thought perhaps we were slow but still thought it odd because I almost never fail in the last chamber (Its the reactor room that usually does it!)

Last team I had were very good, we completed everything in excellent time. . . he finished the projector with 2s of the time limit to spare, but of course we couldn't kill the few remaining fighters in 2s.

Thanks, I'd like the last hour of my life back please.

TOTAL waste of time.
Post edited by caliban149 on

Comments

• denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Are you sure he didn't lose health once or twice in there somewhere? That slows him down quite a bit.

If this is his new maximum speed, it's something that should be fixed.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The most surprising thing is the players who were complaining about big ships in Vault disappeared and don't even bother to show up anymore.

Coincidence?
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hmmm I might have been a little hasty. ( . . Master Meriadoc)

Just managed to complete it twice and the whole thing playing much more like I am used to. Teams weren't top notch either.

Sorry for the possible false alarm, just found it a little odd that in God knows how many runs I have never encountered that particular failure mode before and then I got it 4 times in an hour. . . . And I swear Obisek never had to cloak for repairs on my last run last night. . . . Oh well
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm planning on playing The Vault for the first time fairly soon (I'm a lvl 50 Sci), as I'm looking to get the whole Romulan/Remen set on this character. Anyone have any advice on how to tackle this mission? Last thing I want to do is mess it all up for the team by going in blind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • mrtsheadmrtshead Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    diotw wrote: »
    I'm planning on playing The Vault for the first time fairly soon (I'm a lvl 50 Sci), as I'm looking to get the whole Romulan/Remen set on this character. Anyone have any advice on how to tackle this mission? Last thing I want to do is mess it all up for the team by going in blind.

Honestly, the best advice I can give you here is to do the mission a few times when the vault event is NOT running (you may need to get some friends to help you if the queue is empty). This way you can 'train' without ruining someone's chances of getting the data item. Ultimately, the things to know are:

Where the 'support' actions are, so you can be in place to complete them as soon as they show up

What enemies are the high priority in terms of protecting Obisek's ship

How to fit your shuttle so that it will be productive for the mission (I suggest the Point Defense Console if you have it - clears the room quick once Obisek is done)
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Point Defence Console has prevented the mission from failing more than once for me. It'd especially useful in room 2 when the time limit is the the harshest in my experience.
  • panamppanamp Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Vault is almost impossible now, because 80% of the players have no clue what to do there. 3 Vault events, 3-4 attempts each and not a single Datalog.
    They are all staying at Obisek and dont care about the nodes at all. For me its impossible to do all the nodes on my own in time.

Please if anybody who doesn't know what to do in the Vault is reading this. Get some training first, and join only if you know what to do. There are far to many players out there TRIBBLE it up.
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I tried it today and lost both times veyry buggy