test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone have issues with 'runners' in Colony Invasion?

2»

Comments

• daisyberkowitz1daisyberkowitz1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well you'll have to explain your recipe because we are just like blitzsth and to quote him "FMs is always a struggle".
    On the other hand we have actualy no issue with dili out of limited time projects and without buying zen (but i guess none of us ever buy things in the shop of dili store).

As I said above, we're always short of Dilithium rather than Fleet Marks as most of us play the fleet events. Personally I touch them only during the double reward event, plus the 20% bonus pool means I can pick up a lot of fleet marks. Without the DOff CXP this is what I pick up in a day, not including odd runs through the events when I'm bored.

Colony Invasion; approx. 35-38 per run*
    Fleet Alert; approx. 25-27 per run*

Seven runs through per event if I'm lucky** and that adds up to, using the lower values, 420 fleet marks plus another 360 fleet marks from the quick Foundry dailies (I use the Nagus dailies as they're fast but not one click and you're done, 6 characters always with the +20% fleet mark bonus active) and I'm at 780 fleet marks. Obviously that fluctuates based on how slow the runs are and consequently how many I can squeeze in but there are also 5 or 6 others contributing (3 or 4 regulars, a few casual's and a hardcore DOffer that goes crazy with the CXP assignments) as well so it's more than enough to get the assignment running. Still it's one third of the required amount of fleet marks for our T3 starbase just from me, although that'll likely be going up a little when we hit T3 Engineering next week.

The downside of course is that I pick up little Dilithium but by selecting DOff heavy assignments that can be offset a little.

*Those were the lowest and highest numbers from the last double reward event.

** Seven runs through was the last double reward event total, usually it's either 6 or 7 if I do the full two hours.
    I admit tho i have a hard time to understand how a solo runner can possibly agro boss + guards and the pack of mobs before him, without doing this on purpose, and save the last colonist under fire.

That's the problem, they don't get the optional. All they're doing is aggroing everything on the map and still not getting the optionals. It's very rare that someone in the instances I've been in can run ahead, get the optionals and not draw more aggro than needed. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen but in my experience a competent runner is rare which doing nothing more than making sure that the optionals fail as the rest of us are too busy clearing the mobs they've aggro'd.
    Luckily most of the groups I enter they tend to stick together and just burn through things quickly and get all but one optional (for some reason there's always one missing Diplomat).
    A lot of things have happened since I started this thread 2 months ago. First they changed the colonist bug so running ahead did become a priority - but not for the whole group. I ended up becoming a runner - and a very very good one - getting all optionals and then telling the team the map was clear(of opt) - then I would come back to the group.

Being a big doffer - as soon as they added the CXP conversion I gave up the fleet events almost completely and am fast approaching T3 starbase solo!

Once and a while I will hit colony invasion again and am now surprized by the amount of afker's there are - in this situation you definitely need a good runner.

As an organized group I have gone from start to finish in 6 min together - no runners and got all optionals - this is the fastest and most effective manner to complete the mission, however, the BIG problem is unless you are really lucky or with you fleet mates you never get a good fighting team - everyone is doing their own thing and player capabilites are fairly low.

Unfortuanatly running has now become the only method to secure most of the optionals.
  • drailhdrailh Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    A lot of things have happened since I started this thread 2 months ago. First they changed the colonist bug so running ahead did become a priority - but not for the whole group. I ended up becoming a runner - and a very very good one - getting all optionals and then telling the team the map was clear(of opt) - then I would come back to the group.

Being a big doffer - as soon as they added the CXP conversion I gave up the fleet events almost completely and am fast approaching T3 starbase solo!

Once and a while I will hit colony invasion again and am now surprized by the amount of afker's there are - in this situation you definitely need a good runner.

As an organized group I have gone from start to finish in 6 min together - no runners and got all optionals - this is the fastest and most effective manner to complete the mission, however, the BIG problem is unless you are really lucky or with you fleet mates you never get a good fighting team - everyone is doing their own thing and player capabilites are fairly low.

Unfortuanatly running has now become the only method to secure most of the optionals.

You've seen the light darkness !!
    Welcome to the dark side !!

*hands a cookie to levi3*

edit : d'oh, strike BB code doesn't work, stupid basic forums.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    levi3 wrote: »

Now I recall my first comment from 2 months ago
    mrkollins wrote: »
    Running FTW!

:D
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mrkollins wrote: »
    Now I recall my first comment from 2 months ago

:D

I ways actually surprized to see this thread pop up again. However, when I first made it and the colonist bug existed it was best not to run and let them die and everyone "beam them up"

I remember some good runs where I got everyone to "not" save them and in the end we got like 40+ marks
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Provided that runners don't go past the waving diplomat by the second terminal, the group can re-form and then move in unison to take out the mid group.

As far as aggro, the bigger problem is all the quantum turrets drawing aggro as they will target the mobs on the other side of the building . THAT is more of a problem than most runners.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am a runner and I always will be when doing PUG runs. The reason is simple, when your doing a PUG run you have no idea what kind of group your dealing with, you might get a pro high dps group that can easily push through and get all the bonuses in time. At the same time you might get a group full of noobs who are going to take forever to get through the waves of enemies and cost you half the bonuses. Short of looking around and seeing a bunch of maco elite commanders and omega shadow ops around you you won't know if a group can pull it off.

Secondly if you are as good as I am at getting the bonuses you don't create a cluster **** for your team. As a tactical officer using an operative kit plus the omega set you can easily get all the bonuses without being seen. You use the operative kit's stealth module to move around and then use the omega set's distortion field to beam out colonists without the enemy seeing you. If they don't see you they don't run forward and have your team getting overrun by multiple groups.