test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sci/Sci support build

bespin18bespin18 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
so i made this sci/sci build for pve and stfs, its meant to be a support role but i do want to get as much dps as i can out of it but dps isnt my main concern. shield stripping/healing/rooting enemies is what this toon is made for. could use some constructive criticism if anyone has any for me please and thank you :)

ps this build is not by any means intended for pvp

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=scisci_0

weapons fore:
tetryon dbbx2 quantum torp
aft:
3x tetryon turrets

gear:
borg deflector
maco shield
borg engine

consoles:
eng- 2x neutronium
sci- borg, 2x grav gen, particle gen
tact- 3x tetryon
Post edited by bespin18 on

Comments

• bespin18bespin18 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    edit* i also have no idea what doffs to use in active duty space or ground so any tips there would be greatly appreciated as well
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd be inclined to say: consider Transfer Shield Strength III and Hazard Emitters III. Pretty nice heals, and the higher levels make more of a difference than the bump from repulsors or feedback pulse to a higher mark.

I don't know how the borg set heals are working out for you, but if they do, you might also consider dropping one of the EPtS's in favor of, say, Engineering Team (or Reverse Shield Polarity if you do get pounded occasionally), freeing up a science healing slot for a more offensive/utilitarian skill.

Minor comment: you slot 2 torpedo spreads and quantum torps, but do not have any points in the torpedo damage skills. That might not be the most effective thing to do; I'd consider either swapping out the torps for cannons, for the tetryon perks, or maybe investing in a captain respec if you want to use the torps (once you really decided what kind of skills/gear you'd like to use)...
    edited September 2012
    at this point im considering not using the recon at all, eventually id like to pick up a cat carrier for this toon but right now i also have access to a star cruiser and the armitage. been debating on if a ship change is going to be needed, thoughts?
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Fairly close to my build. Some thoughts:

1. Definitely swap one of the torp skills (I'd drop II) for a BFaW, especially if you're contemplating probe duty on KASE or nanite duty on ISE. The BFaW lasts longer than the one shot from the torp spread, and will drop the shields on a 2 or 3 pack of probes so that the GW can do enhanced kinetic damage.

2. To me, "key" DOffs are a Gravimetric Scientist (Demera from the supports is best, for extra gravity wells), 1 or 2 of the "reduced cooldown on emerg. power to X" abilities, maybe one of the "extra power from EPtX", a DOff that supports your favorite team (either Conn for CD reduction on TT or the one that enhances the sci team). This would be 5 DOffs with the twin cooldown reduction on EPtX, but you could instead double up a different skill, or pick a skill that you prefer, maybe "reduce cooldown on beam attacks" to go with BFaW & subsystem targetting, or a projectile DOff to spit out more Quantums to accelerate your bare hull attacks...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    edited September 2012
    so should i drop repulsors and feedback pulse all together and slot HE3 and tss3 and get diff lower ranked abilities to replace the lower versions of he and tss?
  • rexxarugorexxarugo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just got a kitty carrier a while back and it's a blast. One thing I noticed (and I'll join the group about your two torps in the front) is I don't believe you can subsystem with Turrets. Targeting doesn't seem like much but it can be quite beneficial at keeping shields down longer.

Here's a link to my station layout (I'm not on my gaming machine so I can't remember my talent build now). I usually use 1 Danube and 1 Stalker in STFs so I get 1/2 tractor troll and some dps.

I'm still debating about ditching scramble sensors, Tac Team and VM for another Transfer Shield Strength, BFAW, and Extend shields. Extend shields is cool but since it's not self cast it bothers me. In an Atrox I find myself having to heal a lot since I'm a big target.

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=basicscinotdone_0

I also don't really run Elite STFs right now I'm still a noob.