test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

need some protips

bespin18bespin18 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Federation Discussion
ok so im a tactical capt in a HEC, i have all mk xii [borg] weapons, the borg/maco combo for gear i run antiproton weps and a quantum torpedo. i mainly do stfs and since pretty much maxing out this toon ive voluntarily put myself on "protect the optional" duty be it protecting the kang or chasing probes and i usually take it upon myself to tank the tact cube in ISE if there isnt a better suited tank available and do pretty well.

now them, after some pretty extensive testing with the torp PDS console the HEC comes with ive found that outside of an aggro grabber, a finishing move on a few unshielded npcs and a pretty lightshow with its long cooldown i could probably slot something more useful in that console slot.

at first i thought maybe an extra neutronium (to bring me up to 3x) bringing my all round resists from 32.6 to 39.2

then i thought, well maybe an extra shield gen because i have my keybinds set up that my space bar distributes my shields so it would make more shields available to distribute overall and that brought my shields up from 8976 to 10041

i also have every console from all the lockboxes so i thought maybe i could slot a better special ability: the grav gen has a 3min cooldown so im of the opinion that its not worth it so that leaves subspace jump and the vent theta radiation which is basically EWP.

with all that said id really appreciate some expert opinions here thanks guys :D
Post edited by bespin18 on

Comments

• Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Stick the Borg console in it's place.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    partizan81partizan81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bespin18 wrote: »
    ok so im a tactical capt in a HEC, i have all mk xii [borg] weapons, the borg/maco combo for gear i run antiproton weps and a quantum torpedo. i mainly do stfs and since pretty much maxing out this toon ive voluntarily put myself on "protect the optional" duty be it protecting the kang or chasing probes and i usually take it upon myself to tank the tact cube in ISE if there isnt a better suited tank available and do pretty well.

now them, after some pretty extensive testing with the torp PDS console the HEC comes with ive found that outside of an aggro grabber, a finishing move on a few unshielded npcs and a pretty lightshow with its long cooldown i could probably slot something more useful in that console slot.

at first i thought maybe an extra neutronium (to bring me up to 3x) bringing my all round resists from 32.6 to 39.2

then i thought, well maybe an extra shield gen because i have my keybinds set up that my space bar distributes my shields so it would make more shields available to distribute overall and that brought my shields up from 8976 to 10041

i also have every console from all the lockboxes so i thought maybe i could slot a better special ability: the grav gen has a 3min cooldown so im of the opinion that its not worth it so that leaves subspace jump and the vent theta radiation which is basically EWP.

with all that said id really appreciate some expert opinions here thanks guys :D

If I might be so bold:

- Get the Omega set (even if you just get the XI for now and work towards XII). I did the same thing you did, 3-piece Borg + MACO, but once my fleet turned me onto the Omega set (which is designed specifically for more DPS), I didn't look back. Getting the XI set in the interim to XII should not be any great big deal either,g iven your current gear.
    - Switch from quantums to photons. For one big reason, the TPDS console can make use of the photon damage consoles, so standard launchers + TPDS will both benefit from photo-specific tac consoles. This also means that by doing so, TPDS will serve much greater utility as a finisher.
    - For consoles, go Borg + TPDS + (whatever) in engineering, Shield emitters for extra capacity in science, and 2x energy + 2x photon tac consoles in the lows. The shield consoles will help increase your tankiness too.
  • Options
    scbypwrscbypwr Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I like using omega shield and deflector, borg engine and console for the two set piece proc of each. I find it very useful for both MVE and HEC.

I would not worry too much about outfitting torpedo damage buff consoles. I would focus on the energy consoles since a target stripped of shields is going to get smashed by torpedoes.

I run quantums up front for this purpose and use the TPD console as a supplemental torpedo spread device.

Without using any torpedo enhancements...my quantums have seen crits as high as 20k in spread.

I use the phaser quad cannon, dhc, dbb, and quantum up front with three turrets in the rear.

My alpha strike will smash most things on the first pass....and if not the TPD usually finishes the job.

I prefer the MVE over the HEC simply for the reason that I can use gravity well for crowd control. The HEC respawn rate for fighters is too slow to be effective.

I prefer a full carrier for carrying fighters since I can spam them from a carrier every 7 seconds where it takes the HEC 15 seconds for the same fighter.

Too bad the Feds dont have a good carrier choice.
  • Options
    bespin18bespin18 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well i used to use the photon torp and photon console combo with the pds and to be completely honest with the torpedoes i feel like alot of my dps is being wasted on shields. i can drop a shield and fire my torp and by the time the torp goes from me to the target the shields are back up and there goes 90pct of the torp damage. im actually thinking of speccing completely out of torpedoes and just throwing a dbb on it with beam overload
  • Options
    jacenjacen24jacenjacen24 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I the TPDS worh the PDS. And in certain situations with a group of midrange to small baddies. I hit pds and wait a few seconds for shields to drop then hit tpds. And shtuff goes boom quick. Now this is 2 console slots and i have considered removing both for diff consoles. But i feel like neither is good without the other