test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Newbie Questions

stodatapiocardstodatapiocard Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Ten Forward
This is the place for newbies, ask your questions, and we will answer in correct spelling and grammar.

Ok I have had a few problems with getting a computer for this game so until then I'll be

asking questions about it: Can you name, and change your bridge officers uniform?:confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by stodatapiocard on

Comments

• raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yes and yes, i think it is not free and it cost c-points to change. Not 100% sure about that.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You can change their uniforms, for free one time only... when you get the officer. By that I mean, during your career, their are various levels as you gain experience that you receive a free bridge officer.

As you are not actively playing, you have slots for them under your character, when you get a new BO (bridge officer) you can elect to have them join your crew.

When that happens, there is a "paper doll" like screen that comes up with a button at the bottom that allows you to change their uniforms. This goes through the same interface that the regular taylor uses, and doesn't cost in game currency (energy credits).

I believe there is also a Rename button at the bottom of the same window right next to the change their uniforms.

Hopefully you get a machine that run the game and enjoy the game soon... :D
  • hydaspeshydaspes Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Rename and change outfit = free for the first time (per bridge officer)

You can keep changing names and outfit after the first time at a charge. The charge depends on the (amount of) changes and it costs an amount of EC (energy credits). EC's a re not hard to come by, so generally the cost will be no problem. Some changes however are free, like the pose of your bridge officer.

You can also add a biography per bridge officer, giving them something personal, and obviously you can equip them with shield, armour, kits, weapons, inventory, and you can choose and upgrade their skills and give them promotions. You can appoint them to stations on your ship/away team and to functions on your crew (like first officer etc.).

That's about what you can do with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.defera.org
  • dl9905dl9905 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    How do you promote your bridge officers? My rank is Lcdr and My first officer is an ensign. her skills are maxed out for Ensign and i want to promote her to Lt. Am i missing something?
  • varoolvarool Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    open your character sheet, click one of your officers on the left side, improve their skills by finding the skills tab, this is to make sure you have met the requirements for the next grade. go back and find the promote button along the bottom of this window.
  • kongu123kongu123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been playing this for a couple of days, and unfortunately, I can't for the life of me figure out how to equip my away team. I can click the inventory button on both my own character and my ship, but whenever I try to change tabs to my bridge officers, I can't equip them with anything!
    I'm sure the answer is simple and I'll feel stupid once I hear it, but I would appreciate it none the less...
  • thesciencerthesciencer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Open the character tab for the relevant character, open your inventory. It should work identically to how you equip your captain, so long as the bridge officer's tab is the active one (instead of the captain's). I know sometimes I have some little lag issues, where it takes a few moments for the change to register, but otherwise it should be pretty simple.

Make sure you're trying to equip them with items that your captain has the rank to use (so if you're a Lieutenant who can't equip Mark X items normally, don't try to equip them on your bridge officers) and that your bridge officer has the slot for (so don't try to equip them with kits).

If for some reason that's not working, well, I got nothing.