test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Andorian & Vulcan Bundles

admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
edited September 2012 in The Academy
Hi,

As a newbie player there are some things I'd like to see ingame so hope this is right place to enquire.

1st are there plans for an Andorian Ship such as the Kumari? Seeing as how the Vulcans got one...

Also as an Aener is avalaible are there plans to expand the Andorians in game, with Andorian Rifle, Melee Ice Pick and armoured clothes, throw in the Andorian ship (if made) and the Aener bridge officer sounds like a bundle option to me...

As for Vulcans, well what about some Vulcan clothes like the robes, plus T'Pol outfit, Vulcan Ship, Shelat Pet, and Melle weapon which exists... sounds like maybe another bundle.

Plus maybe do a Movie bundle, with the TMP and Wrath of Khan clothes...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Those would all be awesome things to have available, but at present the Andorian ship is the only item from that list that the developers have announced, and there's no expected release date for it (so possibly not till season 7 at least).
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    They might do something like a new Vulcan shuttle if they want to do a Vulcan bundle, but I would prefer a Vulcan bundle with completely new items for those that already have those items, but there could be two different bundles where the items you have listed are available as well, but is more expensive. I doubt the D'Kyr would be part of a bundle.

There is always plans to add stuff to the game, but Cryptic is known for prioritizing certain content and putting other content on the backburner so only they know how much Andorian content is currently in development and what stage they are in.
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    They made a bunch of race-specific commbadges well over a year ago we never heard or seen of since. They've been asked about it on Ask Cryptic once, and apparently immediately forgot about it again.

I'd guess they had the same idea, and they're just sitting on them intending to put them in packs like the ones you described. Whether they will actually, ever get around to that, smart money says no. A butterfly flaps its wings in Tokyo, and over in Whereverville US all Cryptic's plans fall apart. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • mikey1091mikey1091 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I Just though I'd put it my two cents in. I would like to see an Andorian/Vulcan hybrid Bridge Officer. Not sure if there are any out there, and there aren't, then why is beyond me, but in a fanfic I'm working on, it will all be based off of my STO character, ship, and crew, and one of my bridge officers is an Andorian/Vulcan hybrid, whose father is Vulcan. I already tried to edit the character in game to see if I could giver her Vulcan ears, but of course one can't expect it to be THAT easy. You could say the option doesn't exist. I'd screenshot the character in game and then Photoshop the ears (which, surprisingly, is extremely easy to do), but it just wouldn't have the same feeling to it. Anyway, yeah, as I said, I'd like to see an Andorian/Vulcan hybrid bridge officer, or the ability to fully customize your bridge officers to mix/match races.
  • connortreeves67connortreeves67 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mikey1091 wrote: »
    I Just though I'd put it my two cents in. I would like to see an Andorian/Vulcan hybrid Bridge Officer. Not sure if there are any out there, and there aren't, then why is beyond me, but in a fanfic I'm working on, it will all be based off of my STO character, ship, and crew, and one of my bridge officers is an Andorian/Vulcan hybrid, whose father is Vulcan. I already tried to edit the character in game to see if I could giver her Vulcan ears, but of course one can't expect it to be THAT easy. You could say the option doesn't exist. I'd screenshot the character in game and then Photoshop the ears (which, surprisingly, is extremely easy to do), but it just wouldn't have the same feeling to it. Anyway, yeah, as I said, I'd like to see an Andorian/Vulcan hybrid bridge officer, or the ability to fully customize your bridge officers to mix/match races.

That seems like a good idea. There is plenty of examples of hybrids with Trek Characters. Seems like it would add content without having to add Canon behind it, so it would be a great start.

Also, i've always wondered this, how does fan fiction work? Can you publish it at all, or are you going to have it just enjoy it for yourself; friends/family?
  • warrenhammandwarrenhammand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If their were an Andorian bundle, I would not be able to throw money at the screen fast enough.
  • mikey1091mikey1091 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That seems like a good idea. There is plenty of examples of hybrids with Trek Characters. Seems like it would add content without having to add Canon behind it, so it would be a great start.

Also, i've always wondered this, how does fan fiction work? Can you publish it at all, or are you going to have it just enjoy it for yourself; friends/family?

It's pretty easy really. I looked and there isnt much of a author base for it, but fanfiction.com (where you can find loads of fanfictions for books, games, movies, tv shows, plays etc) has a Star Trek Online section, with a measly two stories in it. If only more people who were authors and played STO wrote some STO fanfics.
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The idea of biologically dissimilar races from different worlds, different genetics, completely different exobiological or exobotanical chemical make up copulating and producing offspring is just plain stupid, fantasy, and is the worst part of the Trek stories. Let alone the probable differences in copulatory morphology. Please, drop the half this half that stuff.

I don't remember many instances of Andorian or Vulcan ships and gear, but would like to see them expanded on as they are founding members of the Federation. But please, no mules! Its as juvenile as having a 10032nd level magic user assassin paladin half elf half dragon half demon half beholder with a never missing vorpal death sword of death.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • jonbrejonbre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Tancrediiv: I believe that in at least TNG, it was discovered that many (if not all) of the humanoid species in Trek can trace their heritage back to an ancient, humanoid species that traveled the cosmos, seeding their genome on many planets before other sentient, star-travelling species existed. I don't remember what specific episode dealt with that, but it's there. For this reason, I don't see any problem with hybrids in Trek, as at their very base level all of these species should, in varying degrees, be compatible.

Getting back to the topic at hand, however, I'm a big supporter of this. Those black, armored, Andorian Imperial Guard uniforms were awesome, and who doesn't love Vulcans? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eline: "The rest of us have been gone a thousand years. If you remember what we were, and how we lived, then we'll have found life again." / Picard: "Eline..."
    Eline: "Now we live in you. Tell them of us... my darling." -The Inner Light
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Maybe but Threshold show that humanity is evolving to some kind of lizard that lives in swamps and then there is the HILARIOUS Occampa mating cycle were they can only do it ONCE and only bear ONE child (Caretaker, they were screwed before you guys shown up).

And then there is the Andorian "four genders" that makes the Occampa look sane, they have 4 genders and ... let put this, two males fertilize the egg that one female lays and ANOTHER female carries to ... term? I suppose they actually LAY eggs because otherwise the whole thing is dumber that it looks bit Andorian "females" have TRIBBLE meaning they are mammals on SOME sense.

Somehow what you just posted sounds logical compared with some of the BS Trek writers had put out, heck at least you have the Mule, Liger and other hybrids that show that yes, it can work ...

Well I am sure the Ocampa would be in a constant state of distress only being able to mate once when they only live 9 years. Poor frail little elf like Cas must feel relieved.

The real point that makes it impossible, assuming evolution is true, is that each race would have been composed of different biochemical substances in accord with the chemical makeup of the world the evolved on. (one of the problems with Spock being half Vulcan half Human is, as he said, the salts from the Vulcan ocean were different than that of Earth making him resistant to the salt eating creature which would make being half Vulcan half anything else impossible)

The Best story line I can think of is a few Romulan worlds sympathetic to the Remans banding together founding an alliance. Vulcans just need more development.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Melee ice Pick. I like. I hope it will be like the TOS Phasers and can be summoned whenever.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can understand the bundle of TMP/Wrath of Khan uniforms, but wasn't the Wrath of Khan a free uniform anyways? or did I just get it free because I bought the Collectors Edition?
  • sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Tell you one thing...I would love to have the Vulcan High Command Uniforms for my "Off Duty Clothes". Another thing they could do is give us Vulcan Ground Weapons as seen on Star Trek Enterprise.

However, I have to say I look forward to a Voyager Bundle before a Vulcan or Andorian one.
    Admiral Jisil T'ror
    Admiral Sovak
    “Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers...”