test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We're sorry, you still have to buy that.

akirancakiranc Member Posts: 22 Arc User
Does anyone else find that it's pure BS that if you already own a Retrofit ship you got before F2P with a token, you still have to buy 4 Fleet Modules, instead of just 1 to get the fleet version because "technically" you don't own the ship?

"Hey, we know we gave you that ship, and it's cool, you can keep it. But if you want to upgrade it....well you actually don't own it, so we're going to need that in full. Yea thanks. Oh, and we are soooooo sorry for that policy, that we actually created."
Post edited by akiranc on

Comments

• Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    akiranc wrote: »
    Does anyone else find that it's pure BS that if you already own a Retrofit ship you got before F2P with a token, you still have to buy 4 Fleet Modules to get the fleet version because "technically" you don't own the ship?

"Hey, we know we gave you that ship, and it's cool, you can keep it. But if you want to upgrade it....well you actually don't own it, so we're going to need that in full. Yea thanks. Oh, and we are soooooo sorry for that policy, that we actually created."

No... you didnt pay for it. You dont own it. Its sucks, but it makes perfect sense.
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Does anyone else find that it's pure BS that if you already own a Retrofit ship you got before F2P with a token, you still have to buy 4 Fleet Modules to get the fleet version because "technically" you don't own the ship?

It is total bs you get charged for modules at all, they are part of a season update and should be free any way period and That is out of stahls own posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Prior to FTP everyone got 1 Retrofit ship for free when they reached VA - current 600 day Vets still get 1 for free. The Fleet Module discount is only for players who bought a Retrofit from the C-Store rather then getting it for free - you get the discount because you spent money on the ship in the C-Store.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Prior to FTP everyone got 1 Retrofit ship for free when they reached VA - current 600 day Vets still get 1 for free. The Fleet Module discount is only for players who bought a Retrofit from the C-Store rather then getting it for free - you get the discount because you spent money on the ship in the C-Store.

Not really sure why you posted this. This I already knew, and didn't argue. I simply said it was BS. My opinion, which is that, an opinion, is that it's messed up.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not really sure why you posted this. This I already knew, and didn't argue. I simply said it was BS. My opinion, which is that, an opinion, is that it's messed up.
    I posted it so others who might read this thread understand why it is the way it is.

The Fleet Module discount is for people who already spent money on X - for the most part it's a way to avoid double-dipping a customer.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No, it isn't BS.

You didn't pay anything for the free ship. Why would you expect to get the same deal on the modules (cost of 1 instead of 4) for the fleet variant that someone who paid actual money for the non-fleet version gets when you got the c-store ship for free off of a token?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I posted it so others who might read this thread understand why it is the way it is.

The Fleet Module discount is for people who already spent money on X - for the most part it's a way to avoid double-dipping a customer.

Oh ok. Yea I know some people don't know how it works. I do think its right that the way they did it for people who bought the ship. But at the same time it just makes me mad.

Which my post was directed toward people who felt the same way, to vent. Not toward the usually crowd of people who love to tell someone their wrong for how they feel about something.
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No... you didnt pay for it. You dont own it. Its sucks, but it makes perfect sense.

When we started we did own it, it was a token as that was given for vice admiral rank earned through in game means.....the term grandfathered comes to mind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    the term grandfathered comes to mind

Yea that's how I feel (for people who didn't read that the first time, FEEL). I know people will argue "Well I still have a Saber in my shipyard, so I "own" it". It's just the Retrofits have always been C-Store ships. I understand paying $20 to make small Tier ship into a T5 ship. Yea I got it for free, but paying $20 as opposed to $5 makes me feel like I never got the ship. $5 to upgrade a ship that's already T5 by a few hull points and console is reasonable. But $20, for a ship I already have just because the game didn't force me to buy it in the past? I just feel like I'm getting shafted.

Keyword in post was word Feel.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    When we started we did own it, it was a token as that was given for vice admiral rank earned through in game means.....the term grandfathered comes to mind

and you were grandfathered in - they allowed you to keep the free ship.

As an added bonus, those of us who are 600 day vets can still get a free c-store ship on every toon we level to VA or LTG.

Now, they have added new fleet ships with a fleet credit and fleet module cost. You aren't going to be "grandfathered" in on something you never had before.

You want a fleet ship? Pay your money.

Man, some people just want everything for free. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I edited my post to explain more before you post sir. I never said I wanted it for free. If you can find where I said that, please let me know.

Why I FEEL that retrofits should be grandfathered in to just pay $5? Because even though I got it for free before F2P, I was paying $15 a month for the right to the free ship. So yea, I did buy it if you ask me. That is my opinion, so whatever you say to argue an opinion, well that just makes you look dumb.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I edited my post to explain more before you post sir. I never said I wanted it for free. If you can find where I said that, please let me know.

Why I FEEL that retrofits should be grandfathered in to just pay $5? Because even though I got it for free before F2P, I was paying $15 a month for the right to the free ship. So yea, I did buy it if you ask me. That is my opinion, so whatever you say to argue an opinion, well that just makes you look dumb.

No, actually, you paid $15 a month for access to the game. Your $15 a month didn't entitle you to anything other than that access. The free ship at VA was just a nice little extra that they decided not to coninue to offer going forward with f2P.

And, unfortunately, when an opinion is based on flawed reasoning and an entitled attitude, the only one who looks dumb is the person trying to defend that opinion. :D

Asking for an 80% discount on something new because you got something else for free 8+ months ago is almost the craziest thing I have heard on these forums. Almost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Clearly I'm reminded that you can't come to the STO forums to vent with people who feel the same way, without someone who wants to tell other people they are wrong for how they feel about something.

Example:
    Me: "I feel like the President is crappy and does nothing right"

You: "No, your wrong. The President is awesome, so stop complaining and get over it."
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    No, actually, you paid $15 a month for access to the game. Your $15 a month didn't entitle you to anything other than that access. The free ship at VA was just a nice little extra that they decided not to coninue to offer going forward with f2P.

And, unfortunately, when an opinion is based on flawed reasoning and an entitled attitude, the only one who looks dumb is the person trying to defend that opinion. :D

Asking for an 80% discount on something new because you got something else for free 8+ months ago is almost the craziest thing I have heard on these forums. Almost.

Unlike you, I won't try telling you how your opinion is wrong.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Clearly I'm reminded that you can't come to the STO forums to vent with people who feel the same way, without someone who wants to tell other people they are wrong for how they feel about something.

Example:
    Me: "I feel like the President crappy and does nothing right"

You: "No, your wrong. The President is awesome, so stop complaining and get over it."

You aren't wrong for feeling however you feel.

I'm just pointing out the flaws in your original premise.

Forums aren't where you want to post if you expect everyone to agree with you. Use your facebook page for that - you can delete and unfriend anyone who doesn't agree with you. :D

and come on...admit it...when you think about it, asking for an 80% discount on something new because you got something else for free 8+ months ago is a difficult position to defend, isn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    You aren't wrong for feeling however you feel.

I'm just pointing out the flaws in your original premise.

Forums aren't where you want to post if you expect everyone to agree with you. Use your facebook page for that - you can delete and unfriend anyone who doesn't agree with you. :D

and come on...admit it...when you think about it, asking for an 80% discount on something new because you got something else for free 8+ months ago is a difficult position to defend, isn't it?

Are you done? You was good, then after sentence 1 you went back into "I'm right, your opinion is wrong" thing. Not to mention the middle part accusing me of thinking everyone would agree. The only thing I've argued is your telling someone an opinion is wrong. Never said I was "right" and your, and anyway else, opinion was wrong.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hi,

This thread has now most definitely run its course, and isn?t providing any civilized feedback, so due to this as well as the high number of flaming/trolling posts in this thread, I'm closing this thread down.

1. For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

2. If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

3. If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Cheers, :)

syberghost
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
This discussion has been closed.