test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will Cryptic think....

stodatapiocardstodatapiocard Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Ten Forward
.....that it is copyright if I name a galaxy class ship Oddessy?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by stodatapiocard on

Comments

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No, because it's spelled Odyssey
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    an. All your ship pretty much anything you want, so no I wouldn't think calling it that a problem.
  • briittabriitta Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    seanftd wrote: »
    an. All your ship pretty much anything you want, so no I wouldn't think calling it that a problem.

:confused:
  • stodatapiocardstodatapiocard Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    iconians wrote: »
    No, because it's spelled Odyssey

Sorry for my bad spelling, I meant Odyssey, I thought it might be copyright because there is a ship is DS9 named that.........:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's possible that Cryptic might have put Odyssey on the 'can't use' list, but I doubt it. The Odyssey isn't iconic enough; unlike Enterprise, Voyager, Defiant.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • stodatapiocardstodatapiocard Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    It's possible that Cryptic might have put Odyssey on the 'can't use' list, but I doubt it. The Odyssey isn't iconic enough; unlike Enterprise, Voyager, Defiant.

Ok thank you! All I want to do is honer the first Federation ship to be destroyed by the Dominion.:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hydaspeshydaspes Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Names Cryptic does not want to be used are blocked. So you can't enter them. So if the name sticks, you can use it, no worries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.defera.org
  • connortreeves67connortreeves67 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You could also name it the U.S.S Honda Odyssey ....I'm sorry something came over me:D
  • obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've already seen a USS Odyssey, so yes, why the heck not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • kazapskykazapsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've seen at least one ship named Enterprise, too, so there's not a lot of name-filtering going on with regards to canon.
    Arc is garbage. End of discussion.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i'm surprised you haven't seen the billion and one U.S.S. Odyssey ships out there. Prometheus and enterprize are also popular, and not original in the least.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • hydaspeshydaspes Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't think Cryptic is very concerned about this. Else they would have at least protected the Tribble name, wouldn't they?

@ Voporak, Senator Voporak looks a lot like Johnny Lee Miller, who played the psycho Jordan Chase on Dexter in season 5. http://stuffpoint.com/dexter/image/85227/johnny-lee-miller-jordan-chase-picture/ Do you get that a lot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.defera.org