test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Marks Account Wide Pool

zimmerman1979zimmerman1979 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
A suggestion for the development team to make fleet marks a account wide pool, with the fleet events and foundry missons and bonus fleet mark events at times can be daunting to raise the fleet marks for your Starbase Projects sometimes difficult, a suggestion to change the way fleet marks are earned into a pool where any character can pull from their account wide fleet mark pool ( any character earning fleet marks goes into a account wide pool). One of my problems right now on some of my alts some of them have 800+fleet marks and have no way due to faction restriction or other factors.

One of the problems at this point in the game is there is a portion of the playerbase who does dailies on their toons for fleet marks, dilithium, etc, staying within topic , fleet marks especially, start to build up on alts who are not currently in fleets, but don't want to keep inviting alts to their fleets and remove them just to donate their fleet marks, a fleet can benefit from having a fleet mark pool drawing from all those alts, wouldn't you like to have less grind and more time to play the game?

Some of the benefits of having a fleet mark account pool:

-Less grind for characters who are in a fleets being able to draw from all marks from account.

-Smaller fleets can benefit from this especially if they have lots of alts being able to draw from all of their alts instead of having every one of their alts in a fleet taking up valuable roster space

-If they added in more dailies doing them on multiple alts with the fleet mark pool would benefit as well

-Cryptic benefits as well selling more account character slots

If anyone else has any Pros or Cons to add to this list feel free to give your input.
Post edited by zimmerman1979 on

Comments

• sheppardussheppardus Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Won't happen, if you want to use your alts to donate to your fleet why don't you just invite them to your fleet and leave them there?

your benefits.
    1 less grind... How will this be, you'll still have to run the same amount of fleet events to get the marks, unless you are solely wanting to do this to use your alts commendation xp to grind to fleet marks and give to your main to get a huge fleet credit tally on one account only.

2. smaller fleets won't need to save roster space in their fleet as they are *smaller fleets* if your fleet disallows you to use your alts in the fleet surely they are just cutting off a source of donations and limiting how much time you play as a fleet

3. adding more dailies would just be more grinding with your alts to get the fleet marks, which is is in contrast to benefit #1

Most people who have Klingon alts would rather be in klingon fleets to get a klingon starbase done, and prob just as many wouldn't want to grind their klingon to benefit the federation
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have always wanted something like this for EC, Dilithium and Latinum. Something I thought they were going to implement with the account bank. Obviously I was proven wrong.

As for Fleet Marks, like with everything else Cryptic will just scream exploit, a reason why this game isn't as good as it could be. Look at Lobi, Consoles not being account bind etc and so on.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • sheppardussheppardus Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have always wanted something like this for EC, Dilithium and Latinum. Something I thought they were going to implement with the account bank. Obviously I was proven wrong.

You can deposit EC into the Account Bank for other alts to take out.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Plus one to this thread. Being a grind fest seriously killed this game for me. Normal grinding wouldn't be such an issue, but when you make a lot of alts, then is just gets to be too much. It's ridiculous. Either make it a single pool for all characters or make it so ALL currencies are able to be stored and traded in the account bank. other wise, i might as well just delete all the alts i have since grinding for them as well would just be too much.

Please fix that for the casual players.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Gamma Sigma Command or house of Gamma sigma (KDF) which is a fleet I am in actually allow Alts which can help with the grinding process especially for starbases so is may be advisable asking your fleet leader if he will allow Alts
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sheppardus wrote: »
    You can deposit EC into the Account Bank for other alts to take out.

I already do that, just a pain with the Dilithium and got nothing for the Latinum though I suppose the latter is totally useless in this game.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • farginaut#6835 farginaut Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I kind of agree in part with the original post, but with better guidelines. For example:

Only alts in the same fleet together should able to pool their FM. This way no fleets get exploited.
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Account Bank can be used on both Fed and KDF side the account bank is account wide.

Witch i do like this option be cause if i go to play my KDF and need ec i just put it in the account wide option.

And no i do not think the Account wide Fleet marks are needed be cause as of right now i don't need it be cause i got tons of toons as is with 3 accounts.I mostly do daily officer reports 50+ each day.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • zimmerman1979zimmerman1979 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    molikor wrote: »
    I kind of agree in part with the original post, but with better guidelines. For example:

Only alts in the same fleet together should able to pool their FM. This way no fleets get exploited.

As it stands currently with dilithium being account wide you can trade dilithium between characters as would the fleet marks if this was supported.

I would like some clarification on how fleets would be exploited, any criticisms are welcomed, any additions to pros and cons would be helpful as well ;)
  • rreubenrreuben Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As a Fleet leader with over 495 players, alts are good and bad, with such a large fleet I don't have the room to allow more then one alt in the fleet and to be honest we need the room for fully active people looking to help build a star base and get the rewards of a strong fleet. As a Lifer my self I have more toon slots then ftpers but not all can be in the fleet, but I use them for stfs fleet events but there hard earn FM's just sit there, I earned them on one toon that I play I should be able to add them to a account pool so my main can help build the base, My Fleet Icarus Elite is just days away from finishing Military Tier 4, the needed amount of FM's is high and if I play a toon why should I not be able to add them to a account pool we can do that with EC, so it should be same for FM's I earn then like I do EC.

As fleets begin to get to tier 3 and 4 I believe you will see more calls for this, If I was in charge I would back this as a gold ability would drive up paid members, but beside the point of profit its a fair and simple thing to do, I'm the Fleet Leader of Icarus Elite a level 12 fleet, soon to be tier 4 star base so I fully support the OP'ers view as it would help the tiny fleets get going again and help the large fleets fill projects fasts from a main, If I have 1,200 FM over 4 toons but only 2 can be in the fleet do to 500 max I should not be stopped donating the other half of the FM's as I earned them.

I can see were some would see it as unfair but same was said about shard bank and ec and that system works very well, so I belive it could be made possible and make some money for the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***IcarusElite.org***R'C, 1 of 3, Dr. Bellet(FED)-Pal'Kin, Lihop, Casya(KDF) LVL 50.***Jan '08 Account I EARNED my 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! LTS = Death to Vet. System: 10/10/12 Never Forget Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
    edited September 2012
    rreuben wrote: »
    As a Fleet leader with over 495 players, alts are good and bad, with such a large fleet I don't have the room to allow more then one alt in the fleet and to be honest we need the room for fully active people looking to help build a star base and get the rewards of a strong fleet. As a Lifer my self I have more toon slots then ftpers but not all can be in the fleet, but I use them for stfs fleet events but there hard earn FM's just sit there, I earned them on one toon that I play I should be able to add them to a account pool so my main can help build the base, My Fleet Icarus Elite is just days away from finishing Military Tier 4, the needed amount of FM's is high and if I play a toon why should I not be able to add them to a account pool we can do that with EC, so it should be same for FM's I earn then like I do EC.

As fleets begin to get to tier 3 and 4 I believe you will see more calls for this, If I was in charge I would back this as a gold ability would drive up paid members, but beside the point of profit its a fair and simple thing to do, I'm the Fleet Leader of Icarus Elite a level 12 fleet, soon to be tier 4 star base so I fully support the OP'ers view as it would help the tiny fleets get going again and help the large fleets fill projects fasts from a main, If I have 1,200 FM over 4 toons but only 2 can be in the fleet do to 500 max I should not be stopped donating the other half of the FM's as I earned them.

I can see were some would see it as unfair but same was said about shard bank and ec and that system works very well, so I belive it could be made possible and make some money for the game.
    Well said :)
  • shkeltonshkelton Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Agreed.

This would be a huge benefit for all.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It may happen if the fleetmarks for cxp and for foundry mission are removed. Otherwise it's just a promise for many abuses. But if it happens in this case then why wouldn't you just play your fleet actions with the same character?

So I'm guessing you're only asking for this to abuse the foundry/doff system. :D

If you want more fleetmarks, just play the game?
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • annanaisannanais Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sheppardus wrote: »
    Won't happen, if you want to use your alts to donate to your fleet why don't you just invite them to your fleet and leave them there?

your benefits.
    1 less grind... How will this be, you'll still have to run the same amount of fleet events to get the marks, unless you are solely wanting to do this to use your alts commendation xp to grind to fleet marks and give to your main to get a huge fleet credit tally on one account only.

2. smaller fleets won't need to save roster space in their fleet as they are *smaller fleets* if your fleet disallows you to use your alts in the fleet surely they are just cutting off a source of donations and limiting how much time you play as a fleet

3. adding more dailies would just be more grinding with your alts to get the fleet marks, which is is in contrast to benefit #1

Most people who have Klingon alts would rather be in klingon fleets to get a klingon starbase done, and prob just as many wouldn't want to grind their klingon to benefit the federation

I wouldn't mind... Would make things easier.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    some of the currencys in this game are already tradeable between toons of the same account. EC, refined Dilithium...

it's really time to make lobi, EDC (all types), GPL, fleet credits and fleet marks bound to account...maybe the complete asset window should be account wide.
    Go pro or go home
    edited September 2012
    Anyone else have any criticisms towards this on how this would be exploited? Or just general cons?
  • mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    It may happen if the fleetmarks for cxp and for foundry mission are removed. Otherwise it's just a promise for many abuses. But if it happens in this case then why wouldn't you just play your fleet actions with the same character?

So I'm guessing you're only asking for this to abuse the foundry/doff system. :D

How would that be an abuse?

I would certainly hope that the other means of gaining fleet marks wouldn't go away, since the ways of earning fleet marks need more variety, not less.