test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - September 12, 2012

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.20.20120812b.21

General:
  • The Shooter Tray Overlay (2nd Row) and Shooter Tray Overlay (3rd Row) keybinds are now functional again.
  • Set bonuses should now be displayed correctly in the ship chooser window.
  • Repositioned the Enterprise Panels unlocked on Fleet Starbases as part of the 5th special project so they no longer clip into the wall.
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No fix to Security/Medical drop rates or Fleet DOFFs in the wrong department? :(
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2012
    The fix to the Enterprise panels also includes moving the potted plant so that it does not block the Ent-F.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    No fix to Security/Medical drop rates or Fleet DOFFs in the wrong department? :(

I did find something that could be considered over powered with tacts using the new draw fire shield distribution officers since thats a ground power you can slot atleast 3 of them in space and then 5 additional for ground so you can have 8 doffs running for ground with the security protocol kit.

I would think something like this would have been fixed immediately.
  • Options
    cassielynacassielyna Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    • The Shooter Tray Overlay (2nd Row) and Shooter Tray Overlay (3rd Row) keybinds are now functional again.

I'm so happy I could kiss you... And whoever else is responsible for the fix...
    Cassie Lynn@Achlyssa
    Directive 010
  • Options
    tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Woot!

I /bugged that the second we completed it and saw the plant blocking it for screen shots!
    The system Does work!
    Thanks talking cereal box guy!
    Tib
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

• Options
    cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.20.20120812b.21

General:
    • Set bonuses should now be displayed correctly in the ship chooser window.
    • Repositioned the Enterprise Panels unlocked on Fleet Starbases as part of the 5th special project so they no longer clip into the wall.

Good. How about fixing the space 'fire all torps' (but not mines) button?

Really annoying bug.
  • Options
    dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The fix to the Enterprise panels also includes moving the potted plant so that it does not block the Ent-F.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

How much do I have to pay maintenance in hours now to move that plant :P
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    johnynormusjohnynormus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm curious if the text on the tall ship was fixed so that its actually readable and not all ugly and pixelated.
  • Options
    ballermarisballermaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I saw it too and bugged it. I bet the bug department went crazy when they saw where things ended up... Always measure twice and cut once....
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The fact that they did not fix the security and armory doffs falling under "tactical" now 2 weeks in is inexcusable!
  • Options
    asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Okay, they're fixing the plant, but what about the spelling mistake on the HMS "Enterprise" ?

In the Enterprise TV show intro, the ship was named the HMS Enterprize. With a Z.
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I saw it too and bugged it. I bet the bug department went crazy when they saw where things ended up... Always measure twice and cut once....

are we talking about the same game + company? there is no such thing
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the fixes! :)

I just wish to see bi-weakly Tribble patch notes again. There hasn't been a large patch for weeks. I wunder what the devs are all working on actually.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In English the word Enterprise is spelt with a letter S not Z. This is a British ship, HMS stands for Her/His Majesty's Ship. The spelling of the original ship would have been with an S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Enterprise_(1774)

Even the original TOS Ship is spelt with an S

http://www.startrek.com/database_article/enterprise

I see no need to change this, however hopefully they will have sorted the unclear text at the bottom.

Indeed. Interestingly though there was a ship named "Enterprize", also a British Navy vessel that was a captured Spanish Barca-Longa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Enterprize_(1743)

However in this context I think they meant to use Enterprise but miss-keyed ;)

And YES I hope they fix the text too! What price testing eh?
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    llyodstylesllyodstyles Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Actually, there was multiple HMS Enterprize's and HMS Enterprise's. Around the period of 1775 there was a HMS Enterprise that was captured by the Americans but the ships were typically called "Enterprize" up until WWII. For example there is an Echo-class survey ship in service with the Royal Navy at this current time calle HMS Enterprise. And yes the ship shown at the start of ENT is HMS Enterprize so therefore the ship on the wall should read Enterprize.

EDIT: The ship captured in 1775 by the Americans was HMS Enterprize not Enterprise

And there was no ship launced under the name Enterprise or Enterprize in 1775
    We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
    Winston Churchill

1st Lt, M.A.C.O. Foxtrot Squadron

• Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    The fact that they did not fix the security and armory doffs falling under "tactical" now 2 weeks in is inexcusable!
    Seriously?

Anyway, your 'inexcusable' bug is by definition a low-priority bug, because it doesn't really affect much. And 2 weeks is nothing compared to some still-here bugs.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    Seriously?

Anyway, your 'inexcusable' bug is by definition a low-priority bug, because it doesn't really affect much. And 2 weeks is nothing compared to some still-here bugs.

Well the majority trying to build Fleet Bases wouldn't define misclassified as low-priority. And yes, some bugs have been here so long its ridiculous...

Ex: Klingon Marauding T4 reward (We were told on Jan 16, 2012 "Top people are on this")
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    Well the majority trying to build Fleet Bases wouldn't define misclassified as low-priority. And yes, some bugs have been here so long its ridiculous...

Ex: Klingon Marauding T4 reward (We were told on Jan 16, 2012 "Top people are on this")

Yeah? That's nothing. We reported in February of 2011 that the TNG and DS9 combadges were now clipping into both male and female chests. It wasn't until 6 months later that said report was acknowledged, and we were told that it was "being looked into". A year after that, the badges remain unchanged, with no response to further inquiries on the subject.

And how about cloaking? Every time you get a dialogue box, you're uncloaked. Their response is "that's intentional... we want you to decloak when there's a required interaction." I'm sorry, but a conversation, any conversation, is not a reason to decloak the ship. Actively scanning, firing weapons, sure. But not a conversation.

• Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2012
    TNG uniforms (pre-order bonus) still have the clipping arm texture near the torso upper side on female toons. ^^ That's almeowst 3 years old now.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010