test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet Marks in PvP

francescos77francescos77 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
edited September 2012 in PvP Gameplay
I know that this has been discussed before.
And I also know that it will not be done because it can be exploited.
But Borticus, consider the following:
1) There are two missions that involve PvP arenas.
One is repeatable without cooldown, this one can be exploited.
The other "Pacify Enemy Leaders" has a 24 hours cooldown and cannot be exploited.
If you could assign to this one a 100fm reward, I think that the PvP community will be happy.
Same thing for the C&H daily mission.
2) Beam down to Starfleet Academy and you will discover that a new pagan religion is developing among cadets: the holy stone worshippers.
The hundreds of guys you can see in the river are praying the holy stone for a miracle to happen, and the holy stone responds: 50fm appear from the water and deposit in your inventory!
There are also different cults in different places of the galaxy: the sect of the esd transporter console, the church of drozana control panel, and so on.

So why can't you reward the poor pvpers that spend 1 hour of game time doing 3 arenas with a few fleet marks? Please...
Post edited by francescos77 on

Comments

• Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You know when a new song comes out, and it's really good, but it gets played everywhere to the extent that you just don't like it anymore due to overuse?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    criminiuscriminius Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I already made this thread. Search.
  • Options
    dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    criminius wrote: »
    I already made this thread. Search.

Bah, I made it before the fleet system went live!
    You search :P
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    dantrainor wrote: »
    Bah, I made it before the fleet system went live!
    You search :P

Hey! Least I waited awhile! :P
  • Options
    dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Haha, true enough :P

We need one of these cropping up about once or twice per month :D
  • Options
    trueprom3theustrueprom3theus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I know that this has been discussed before.
    And I also know that it will not be done because it can be exploited.
    But Borticus, consider the following:
    1) There are two missions that involve PvP arenas.
    One is repeatable without cooldown, this one can be exploited.
    The other "Pacify Enemy Leaders" has a 24 hours cooldown and cannot be exploited.
    If you could assign to this one a 100fm reward, I think that the PvP community will be happy.
    Same thing for the C&H daily mission.
    2) Beam down to Starfleet Academy and you will discover that a new pagan religion is developing among cadets: the holy stone worshippers.
    The hundreds of guys you can see in the river are praying the holy stone for a miracle to happen, and the holy stone responds: 50fm appear from the water and deposit in your inventory!
    There are also different cults in different places of the galaxy: the sect of the esd transporter console, the church of drozana control panel, and so on.

So why can't you reward the poor pvpers that spend 1 hour of game time doing 3 arenas with a few fleet marks? Please...

You're right, it's been discussed a lot, but every time I see a thread to add fleet marks for pvp I'll support it! It's just a shame that as a pvper you don't have a choice to earn fleet marks from pvp. If anything, some foundry 3-5 min missions give fleet marks rewards. How's that not exploitable? How is pvp in this game going to improve? Not to mention when you level there is almost no pvp queue popping up...every thread such as this goes back into reflecting the sad state of pvp in this game...
    Hear! Sons of Kahless
    Hear! Daughters too.
    The blood of battle washes clean.
    The Warrior brave and true.
    We fight, we love, and then we kill...
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    The "it'll be exploited!" line is a load of bull****. If they wanted fleet marks to drop in PVP they could do it pretty easily. They're not adding it because it'd improve PVP and the more it's played the more time and money they'd have to put into it. Cryptic doesent want PVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    deano65ehgdeano65ehg Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The "it'll be exploited!" line is a load of bull****. If they wanted fleet marks to drop in PVP they could do it pretty easily. They're not adding it because it'd improve PVP and the more it's played the more time and money they'd have to put into it. Cryptic doesent want PVP.

So very true :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    They don't want people playing PvP due to the real sad state its in. The devs are too stretched thin. The need focus. Decide something and move forward with it.

Cryptic needs a team/dept devoted to PvP not just one guy.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Uh, did I miss something? Is Borticus the new PvP Czar?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    criminius wrote: »
    Cryptic needs a team/dept devoted to PvP not just one guy.

I think Stahl said in a past AskCryptic that when Gozer flew the coop, it got dumped on some new Dev they just picked up? Don't remember hearing the name of him/her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985