test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Standard Starfleet Uniforms

2»

Comments

• suprcheezesuprcheeze Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The uniforms for NPCs, including the randomly walking NPCs around starbases, ESD, ships, DS9, and many more are already client-controllable. Client-side mods can change these NPCs' uniforms to whatever you want -- provided you know how, anyway.
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm quite happy with the idea of being able to customize my uniform(s) from a wide variety of choices. I would hate to be forced to wear someone else's idea of what would be appropriate... since my ideas are always so CLEARLY superior :P
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    suprcheeze wrote: »
    The uniforms for NPCs, including the randomly walking NPCs around starbases, ESD, ships, DS9, and many more are already client-controllable. Client-side mods can change these NPCs' uniforms to whatever you want -- provided you know how, anyway.
    If that is possible (what i do not really believe, unless i see proof), then why don't the devs just implement this feature?
    (in don't want to sound provoking, i am just curious.)

Live long and prosper.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • suprcheezesuprcheeze Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yreodred wrote: »
    If that is possible (what i do not really believe, unless i see proof), then why don't the devs just implement this feature?
    (in don't want to sound provoking, i am just curious.)
    The devs don't want to do it make it easy for users to do because they don't want people doing weird things en masse to the NPCs in STO, which is exactly what the first NPC-costume-mod did. I won't tell you what that mod is, but you should be able to Google search for it and find it.
    edited September 2012
    suprcheeze wrote: »
    The devs don't want to do it make it easy for users to do because they don't want people doing weird things en masse to the NPCs in STO, which is exactly what the first NPC-costume-mod did. I won't tell you what that mod is, but you should be able to Google search for it and find it.
    I can imagine what that mod did. :rolleyes:

I cannot imagine why the devs don't want a feature within the game that lets us choose what uniforms NPCs should wear, just like we can with our BOFFs.

If they are so afraid of customization, then they should just remove all Character teylors and ship taliors, so the don't have to be afraid of any non appropriate creation. :D

Live long and prosper.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mirai222 wrote: »
    I think I would stop playing the game if my Fed characters were forced to wear the All Good Things uniform.

I kinda wish they'd taken a few cues from it for stock uniforms.

I think AGT uniforms were designed to make actors look MUCH older. In fact, if not, I'd be shocked. The hiked up pants. The more sloping look of the shoulders.

It's the opposite of what DS9 and First Contact uniforms did, which was to slim the actors torso and broaden their shoulder.

I think what should have been kept, however, are the chest fastener clasp with its "<"-cut, the collarbone pips (which they did keep) and the combadge (which they made C-Store/vet). I think a big mistake with the default in game uniforms was too much detail, too many colors, and too leathery looking.

I wouldn't be averse to Admirals wearing Janeway's uniform because it has mods in its cut designed to make her look LESS old and to the extent it ages an actor, well... I want NPC Admirals to look old.

If they'd made the AGT combadge the default, I think people would be fine with that. Almost everyone I know who has it uses it on all uniforms.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What about the Academy uniform? It's like a progression of the AGT uniform, like what the DS9/First Contact is to the Voyager one. I think it looks pretty good and very Trekish for the Federation.
    If they'd made the AGT combadge the default, I think people would be fine with that. Almost everyone I know who has it uses it on all uniforms.

Best combadge in the game actually imo. I bought the AGT uniform partly for the comm badge, that was back in the day though before I discovered the KDF. :P
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mirai222 wrote: »
    I think I would stop playing the game if my Fed characters were forced to wear the All Good Things uniform.

Enable Visuals on the armor.
    edited September 2012
    Enable Visuals on the armor.

This would help ... how?

Personally, i think the "visuals" (Armor/kits) look much more repulsive, more than the AGT uniform ever could.

But in germany we have a saying: you can('t) argue about taste. :)

Live long and prosper.

A tale of two Picards