test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Increase Fleet mark/Expertise requirements, decrease doff requirements for starbases

zanthe25zanthe25 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
Its becoming painfully difficult to general fleet credits these days for lot of fleets...

It seems the abundant resorce like fleet marks and expertise are fill up far too quickly, while all the doff hold the project and players progress back.

Even if they didn't decrease doff requirement but did increase expertise + fleet mark requirement, then people will have more credits to spend on fleet doff to fill the other slots.

I really think FM/expertise requiremnt should be least 5x or maybe even 10x more than it is currently, especiall since the officer report change awarding 50FM
Post edited by zanthe25 on

Comments

• latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Um.. no.

That is what the special projects are for. They are for large fleets to allow their members to get fleet credits. Those projects are on a 30 min timer. If your fleet is not using them, and there is a problem of getting enough fleet credits, you should talk to your fleet leadership.
    edited September 2012
    The problem with Expertise is that everyone has a huge stockpile of it and the missions don't drain that stockpile very fast. The problem with increasing the requirements is that, yes it will drain the stockpile, but then you don't replenish fast enough to keep up.

As for Marks, NO! They should never have added Marks in the first place. Back in a previous season not too long ago they removed several currencies and converted them to Dilithium because there were too many, since then we have gotten more Currencies than they got rid of, and we will be getting even more with the Personal Reputation system I can almost guarantee.
  • mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The last thing us small fleets need, is more requirements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Um.. no.

That is what the special projects are for. They are for large fleets to allow their members to get fleet credits. Those projects are on a 30 min timer. If your fleet is not using them, and there is a problem of getting enough fleet credits, you should talk to your fleet leadership.

the special projects are worse than the main project... becuase they suffer for even worse requiremnet and even more doff requirements.

if they was just ONE special project that require just expertise and FM that would be fantastics, but its not the case, worst part is if fleet que the project and cant fill the doff requiremt they get stuck with project that blocking somthing more important in future.

Its actually small fleets that suffer the most from the doff requirements, at least things like Dill, mark and expertise are farmable.... you cant farm doffs unless ofc your totally loading with multi millions and can afford extortionate exchange prices...

not only that now we get 50 FM a day for every charatcer, so now people who not eve doing fleet actions are filling up all the FM requirement of projects while other end up wityh massive stockpiles of fleetmark and thats without doing fleet actions.

Doff mission are also adding to FM pool leading to a massive excess of a easy farmable product and no way to ease the pressure of other requirements
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have an idea for a fair comprimise, why not increase the expertise and fleet mark requirement only for special projects? Or at least just the expertise.

Also I think DOff requirement should remain the same, but should give out much more fleet credits, right now commons only give 150-300 fleet credits and rares and very rares not much more especially considering how much more they cost. Fleet credits given should be quadrupled, then you might have more members in the fleet contributing DOffs regularly.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    Its actually small fleets that suffer the most from the doff requirements, at least things like Dill, mark and expertise are farmable.... you cant farm doffs unless ofc your totally loading with multi millions and can afford extortionate exchange prices...

There are projects that do not require doffs. The engineering and science provisioning projects require NO doffs. The military one requires generic non-civilian doffs, and not that many (starts out with only 12 at tier 1). So you can minimize the doff requirements by choosing the right projects.
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    not only that now we get 50 FM a day for every charatcer, so now people who not eve doing fleet actions are filling up all the FM requirement of projects while other end up wityh massive stockpiles of fleetmark and thats without doing fleet actions.

This was a welcomed relief from those in smaller fleets. I think you'll find far more complaints against the requirements being too high rather than being too low. How far along is your fleet? The mark requirement does go up the further along you go. By T3, every project is requiring 900 marks. Upgrades are between 5000 and 10000 marks.
    edited September 2012
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I have an idea for a fair comprimise, why not increase the expertise and fleet mark requirement only for special projects? Or at least just the expertise.

Also I think DOff requirement should remain the same, but should give out much more fleet credits, right now commons only give 150-300 fleet credits and rares and very rares not much more especially considering how much more they cost. Fleet credits given should be quadrupled, then you might have more members in the fleet contributing DOffs regularly.

totally agree the should be worth more credits, but our entire fleet donating everything they can and going out on limbs to get them... and as for specials...

well 125 colonist vs 600 FM? tell me which is easist to get... considering we all get 50 free every day and most use have least 2 characters so that least 100 a day, and some have more.
  • stantonl33stantonl33 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sorry for asking, but how do you get 50 free fleet marks per day?
  • blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As much as I would like to see this happen, it's just simply not going to.

The only thing a small fleet can do is recruit recruit recruit. If however you want to remain small, then you will just have to limp along as best you can.

If they were to change it to smaller fleets requiring less resource, then people would be getting kicked from fleets right, left and center. Apart from the close group of friends and high contributors. How fair would it be on those guys that contributed 20-30 million EC or 200k Dilith to suddenly be kicked from a fleet, because the core group wanted the small fleet benefits.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Doing the Foundry wrapper mission has 50 FM attached until further notice.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mewi wrote: »
    The last thing us small fleets need, is more requirements.

Indeed, if anything I'd rather see the dilithium requirements lowered and the expertise increased.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • stantonl33stantonl33 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Doing the Foundry wrapper mission has 50 FM attached until further notice.

Ah I see. Thanks!