test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Color fail

supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
edited September 2012 in The Art of Star Trek Online
So, looking again at the color scheme, I find your lack of red... disturbing. It's only shades of crimson and maroon.

It's not even just red. Most of the colors here seems to be only color combinations. I'm not seeing any actual red. Green looks like algae, and white looks like it has a hint of yellow in it.

Solution: How about using the color wheel?
Post edited by supergaminggeek on

Comments

• aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What are you talking about? The uniform tailor, ship tailor, the game's art in general...?
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? The uniform tailor, ship tailor, the game's art in general...?

Game's art in general.
  • stockwelldaystockwellday Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Red is only acceptable when it's in the form of an alert. :)
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Because bright primary colors would look even more stupid than some of the things you can do with the colors in-game now. Be glad Cryptic is keeping you from making a terrible, terrible mistake with your color choices.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Red is only acceptable when it's in the form of an alert. :)

and the Sacrifices, oops i mean red-shrits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Because bright primary colors would look even more stupid than some of the things you can do with the colors in-game now. Be glad Cryptic is keeping you from making a terrible, terrible mistake with your color choices.

It's the same reason why they give us a lot of different color palettes on one of the same uniform. We are being protected from ourselves. :rolleyes:

Seriously, they should give us a continuous color palette, i see absolutely no reason to use some pre-assembled colors.
    On federation uniforms, i would love to be able to get a more claret-red (i know the command uniforms where just normal red, but i am used to see them in claret-red on TV).

Live long and prosper.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)