test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too much for Bartender SB assignment?

admiralaliceadmiralalice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
To the Devs:

Have you thought that the bartender assignment might require too many dosi rotguts and romulan ales? I run a moderately sized fleet (around 20 active players), with few resources after buying all these doffs (that's another issue though). These items are very hard to obtain (rotguts through a doff chain with limited returns, and ales as a rare random drop). To put it simply, we've been working on this assignment for weeks, and have only been able to scrape together/afford 40 rotguts and 69 ales. I have a friend running a more active fleet of about 40 active players, and they are also stuck on this assignment as well. As of last night, my fleet became able to do a new science upgrade, but are unable to due to not being able to either finish or remove the bartender assignment. My request? either find a way to make the bartender assignment more doable (I suggest 50 of each as a more modest requirement, rather than 250 of each drink), or please give the 1279th a way to remove it from our active queue, as this is severely impeding my fleet's progress towards higher tiers. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks,
Alice Petrovna Tuel, CO, T.F.R. 1279th Tactical Battle Fleet

Any other thoughts from my fellow community members?
Post edited by admiralalice on

Comments

• switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What is even worse is that there is really no reason to do the Bartender Assignment, because it doesn't really DO anything.
    • You get access to all the stuff you can buy from your replicator anyway
    • There are no DOFF missions other than what is available on your ship for free
    • The item buyback isn't any better than the replicator
    • There is not even a cosmetic change

Again, unless you RP (and even then it is dubious) there isn't a reason for it (at least not that I can see) and definitely not for that price.
  • admiralaliceadmiralalice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    is it seriously that worthless? that makes me feel even worse about doing this stupid assignment. Devs? what the heck?
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    is it seriously that worthless? that makes me feel even worse about doing this stupid assignment. Devs? what the heck?

We all (or alot at least) fell for it... dont feel bad.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well... at the moment i seem to be the only active person in my fleet and I am a bit stuck on pretty much everything (Dilithium is the bottleneck obviously), I use teh time to save up on Dosi Rotgut in the meantime, will be a long time before i even get near that assignment and then i wont slot it before I have all the booze necessary, and then i may decide to be better off selling the stuff ;)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hmm glad i did not fall for it i only do the Limited time stuff.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • halcyon3halcyon3 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    FYI you can get ale and rotgut from confiscate contraband from crew with a critical, the same with a few Marauding assignments. Then there is the bartender on ur ship interior with the por drink and special reserve assignments, a critical yields 1 or the other.

Just doing these assignments for the last 2 weeks on my 5 toons i have yielded nearly 100 of each for my fleet.
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    halcyon3 wrote: »
    Then there is the bartender on ur ship interior with the por drink and special reserve assignments, a critical yields 1 or the other.

No, a critical CAN yield one. I have crit them both several times without getting either.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    halcyon3 wrote: »
    FYI you can get ale and rotgut from confiscate contraband from crew with a critical, the same with a few Marauding assignments. Then there is the bartender on ur ship interior with the por drink and special reserve assignments, a critical yields 1 or the other.

Just doing these assignments for the last 2 weeks on my 5 toons i have yielded nearly 100 of each for my fleet.
    And if your character finishes the 'Tulaberries' research chain, that unlocks the 'Experimental Cocktail from Tulaberries' assignment that generates 'Dosi Rotgut'...

The Bartender Project is doable. My Fleet just completed it earlier this week, and we're not that large a Fleet...
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My fleet leader told everyone that we won't start the project until all the booze is available. So far we got half the Romulan Ale required and a quarter of the Dosi Rotgut required.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It gives some engineering xp for limited inputs, which is good.

I gave my fleetmates a howto for this mission, we're less than 15 but we'll get through it next week or so. You just need to be organized, which is something many fleets tends to forget. :)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wouldn't hurt if they put in a cancel assignment button. It would mean losing everything people paid into it, but it beats being crippled by an assignment you can't complete. I can see the fear of abuse/griefing, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave