test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Suggesion] Make all non-stf sets have 4 pieces.

cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
4th piece for sets would grant the 4th effect:

Breen:

Slot: Console

Bonuses: Transphasic related bonuses. Adds 10% shield penetration to all transphasic weapons, decreases timer on all transphasic weapons by 2 seconds.

4-set Effect: ACTIVE
Breen Energy Dampener:

The Breen have modified this dreaded weapon used in the Dominion war.

This weapon would have a similar graphic to scramble sensors (a relatively slow energy sphere that when it hits target there is a sphere-explosion animation).

Effect: Removes all power bonuses from target ship (all bonuses from capt skills, emg-pwr-to, etc) and drains -30 engine power.

This causes a decrease in the target's overall defensive capability by lowering def. rating (engine power/speed) and power levels.

Jemhadar:

Slot: Weapon

Polaron Cascade

Fires a constant energy beam (polaron) that drains target weapon power and feeds it to the attacker's own weapon power. Duration of beam and range matches extend shields.

Reman:
Slot: Console

Bonuses: Lowers timer on plasma torpedos by 2 seconds

4th piece set effect: ACTIVE

Thalaron Missile

Fires a Thalaron Missile (= bioneural with no turret but slightly faster). Upon impact the missile bursts into a 2km sphere of Thalaron particles that causes target's shields to disrupt (disable shield balancing for 4 seconds) and inflicts a 30 second duration crew death damage over time effect. This weapon can kill 80% of a ship's crew at the end of the DOT.

Thalaron dot effect is cleansed by hazard.

Ferengi set

Slot: Deflector

Bonuses: +10% stealth, +10% defense +20 subspace decompiler +20 shield systems

4th piece effect:

Rule #52

(Never ask what you can take)

0.5% chance of acquiring energy credits, contraband or latinum from any hostile ship inside 2km range.

Similar to Slaver steal ability except this will let ferengi-equipped ships to steal by being close to it.... those Ferengi LOVE to break in and steal...even in battle!

AEGIS

Kyon Device

(From Greek Mythology. Kyon = A golden hound set by Rhea to guard the infant god Zeus)

Slot: Device

Bonuses: +5 shield power. Passive.

4th piece effect: ACTIVE

Upon activation, the Kyon device releases particles into the shield geometry that causes the shields to utilize energy damage to strengthen the shields. Releasing the particles requires the deflector. Effectiveness is based on AUX power.

Similar to Reverse Shield Polarity except that instead of healing the shields, the Kyon device reduces bleedthrough and increases shield resistances.

Examples:

Global +25% chance to proc effect based on aux power. Each proc lasts 10 seconds. New proc overwrites previous proc.

@ 25 AUX power = bleedthrough reduced by 2%, shield resists increased by 5%
@ 50 AUX power = bleedthrough reduced by 4%, shield resists increased by 10%
@ 100 AUX power = bleedthrough reduced by 8%, shield resists increased by 15%

Duration of device activation: 30 seconds.
Re-Use timer: 1 minute.

This 4th piece effect will grant the AEGIS set its much needed shield resists (which is what makes the whole set garbage right now) and synergizes perfectly with the set's defense bonus and hull resist bonuses. This makes the AEGIS one of the best tanking kits when used @ 4 piece setup.

Note the device 4th set effect will not trigger unless it is a 4th piece set. Otherwise it just gives a passive +5 shield power.
Post edited by cmdrskyfaller on

Comments

• drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh dear.

I have a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship. She's called "tal'shadaraq"

Polaran Build

Fore:

4x [ACC]x3 DHC Purple

Aft:

2x [ACC]x2 [CrtD] Trt Purple
    1x [ACC]x3 Trt Purple

TAC Consoles

5x Purple XII Polaron

Deflector Jem'Hadar
    Engine Jem'Hadar

Assimilated Console
    P/Leech

I would really like to have the Jem'Hadar set! I only average 800k - 1.2mil DPS. Feel I could improve a bit.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And while I agree it would be nice to have a fourth piece to all the sets, the Jem bug doesn't need any more buffing.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    And while I agree it would be nice to have a fourth piece to all the sets, the Jem bug doesn't need any more buffing.

True. But a fourth piece would apply it to whichever ship its on, or would certain ships not be included you think?
  • zzomb1zzomb1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wheres the Aegis set ?:P

By the way why not the other way araound? Perhaps the ma,co honor guard and the omega set could become 4 part sets with some bonus defense or attack or some skill that has different effect vs borg, and vs everything else :o
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    crusty8mac wrote: »

There is a cap to energy weapon power so the bug ship would have the same 'bonus' as any other ship: more power to give to other systems while this weapon-slot using item feeds power to the weapons.
    zzomb1 wrote: »
    Wheres the Aegis set ?:P

By the way why not the other way araound? Perhaps the ma,co honor guard and the omega set could become 4 part sets with some bonus defense or attack or some skill that has different effect vs borg, and vs everything else :o

Oy I forgot the Aegis >< .. Added.

STF sets already have a lot of bonus abilities built in to their shields and engines and deflectors..unlike the non-stf sets. That is literally their '4th' piece bonus.