test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher

kaeajakaeaja Member Posts: 517 Arc User
So the Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher, only one per ship huh? Uhh sorry but I see no reason why its limited to one per ship, sorry but nope, allow at least two, otherwise theres no point in using hard earned ZEN points for the ship or the torpedo launcher, id sooner get the Armitage. Unless someone gives me a reason other then it would be op which it honestly wouldnt be, 180 degrees is already op for a torpedo, but hey thats my opinion, doesnt mean im wrong though.

I suppose the next thing i should ask is, is this launcher even worth it?
Post edited by kaeaja on

Comments

• Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kaeaja wrote: »
    So the Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher, only one per ship huh? Uhh sorry but I see no reason why its limited to one per ship, sorry but nope, allow at least two, otherwise theres no point in using hard earned ZEN points for the ship or the torpedo launcher, id sooner get the Armitage. Unless someone gives me a reason other then it would be op which it honestly wouldnt be, 180 degrees is already op for a torpedo, but hey thats my opinion, doesnt mean im wrong though.

I suppose the next thing i should ask is, is this launcher even worth it?

I wanted the ship. I ended up using the launcher on all of my other cruisers. It's slightly weaker than a standard torpedo launcer but can fire along with your broad sides.

If you want the ship then yes its worth it (its not the only reason to get it) if all you want is the launcher then no it's not a 25 dollar weapon.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I bought it because I wanted the ship. As far as I'm concerned the launcher is a bonus.

Not sure about the metreon canister console though.
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited September 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ryanevryanev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It would be nice to have, but I can live with it. I run the 180 Quantum as aft torpedo and the Har'Peng as fore, And I think I would have the same setup if I could use multiple 180 Quantums.

On the question "Is is worth it?"
    Hell yeah (If you also want the ship. It's not a 25$ weapon). You're going to run at least 1 torpedo anyways. Better have 180 degrees on with a bit lesser stats, that hits twice the time.
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I want to buy the ship but have they fixed the problem with it, mixing other ships parts with the regent and vise versa?
  • Options
    kaeajakaeaja Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Meh I dunno, just wish i had 25 dollars to spend on it....

also buff the Aegis set....seriously....there is absolutely no reason why it should be getting outclassed by the other sets, im told even 3 out of the 4 pieces for the Borg set+the Maco shield are better then the full Aegis set hands down....what the heck is the point of the Aegis set taking so long to get. I know i know, Maco and Omega were created to be the next tier up, but i have to ask you....how can you make Maco and Omega, which are VERY easy to get, a step up from Aegis when Aegis is so much harder to get? Its a fact that its easier to get Maco and Omega pieces then it is to grind EC and Crafting materials for Aegis, which even then you have to grind for Dilithium Ore, so yeah, buff Aegis....its only fair....
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I bought a $25 torpedo launcher, wrapped in a ship I don't particularly want. :P
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kaeaja wrote: »
    Meh I dunno, just wish i had 25 dollars to spend on it....

also buff the Aegis set....seriously....there is absolutely no reason why it should be getting outclassed by the other sets, im told even 3 out of the 4 pieces for the Borg set+the Maco shield are better then the full Aegis set hands down....what the heck is the point of the Aegis set taking so long to get. I know i know, Maco and Omega were created to be the next tier up, but i have to ask you....how can you make Maco and Omega, which are VERY easy to get, a step up from Aegis when Aegis is so much harder to get? Its a fact that its easier to get Maco and Omega pieces then it is to grind EC and Crafting materials for Aegis, which even then you have to grind for Dilithium Ore, so yeah, buff Aegis....its only fair....

I agree with this. Either buff it so that it is worth the price to get it or, nerf the cost. It is too expensive to the player in time and resources to be so easily outclassed.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What? The Aegis set is the weakest and easiest to get. It's craftable and available on the Exchange. It was only around 7 mil (and even cheaper if I got it through the quartermaster of the fleet I'm in). That's like a dozen bottles of Rotgut. =P

The others require you to actually play through them, and are bound on pickup.

Edit: No wait, I think it was only around 4 mil...
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can understand why you might want to use more than one, to have a fore and an aft torpedo, or two in the front, etc.

But honestly, it really doesn't need to be. It's already a 180 degree torpedo. To me, you really only need one:

If you run beam arrays or DBB, you only need one to help better cover your sides a bit, while still firing torpedoes regardless. It can be good to put it in the back actually, so you have a more often-firing aft torpedo, and use something with a little more punch up front, such as a normal quantum.

If using a single cannon/turret build, you might want one in the front, so you can almost always be firing all your weapons as long as you are roughly pointed at the enemy.

Anything else...you're better off with a slower recharging torpedo in the back (like a tricobalt), or using a mine.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    marikovamarikova Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to use two of these launchers on my cruiser, they're absolutely made for broadsiding, only being able to use one makes no sense at all, though I think I'd probably stick them both at the back tho.

Oh and as I'm writing my wish list to Santa increase the firing arc to be the same as the beam arrays please...
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    [Silently he unholsters the [Zombie Control Sniper Rifle of Epicosity Mk XIV], shoots and takes this Zombie thread down!]
    This thread was raised from the dead (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it had to be put down.
    Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread raised from the dead which violates the [URL=" http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?&a=51"]PWE Community Rules and Policies[/URL] just report it and avoid posting in it.
    Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on this topic that has been posted in within 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread)! :)

Cheers,
    syberghost
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
This discussion has been closed.