test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it possible...

drphil321drphil321 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Is it possible to make one enemy ship and not a group of them? I wanted to make a one on one space battle. :(
Post edited by drphil321 on

Comments

• Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    drphil321 wrote: »
    Is it possible to make one enemy ship and not a group of them? I wanted to make a one on one space battle. :(

Not all enemies in every group spawn in a single player attempt. They only all spawn if there are 5 players.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Also... there's a trick that can spread out enemies.

Say you spawn a 3 ship group of frigates.

Each frigate has it's own spawn point. You can uncollapse the group and move the spawn points to seperate locations on the map. If the enemy group isn't part of a kill objective you can hide some of them inside an asteroid or something where they can't fight. This also applies to elements of the group that don't spawn in a single player mission run. You can move them out of the way so they won't appear in a multiplayer run.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Also... there's a trick that can spread out enemies.

Say you spawn a 3 ship group of frigates.

Each frigate has it's own spawn point. You can uncollapse the group and move the spawn points to seperate locations on the map. If the enemy group isn't part of a kill objective you can hide some of them inside an asteroid or something where they can't fight. This also applies to elements of the group that don't spawn in a single player mission run. You can move them out of the way so they won't appear in a multiplayer run.

If you do that though, because the group wasn't completely destroyed, they may respawn. Wasn't that a glitch people were dealing with?
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You can have the extras spawn far away and surround them with ships that will kill them.

So if you're fed you surround the extra ships with Fed Battleship groups.

Remember to keep the spawn marker near the player or the groups won't spawn.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    drphil321 wrote: »

Cruisers and battleships only spawn 1 on 1. if you have a team they will scale up in numbers.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If you do that though, because the group wasn't completely destroyed, they may respawn. Wasn't that a glitch people were dealing with?
    Not quite. the glitch I've seen personally is that they just flat out respawn.... doesn't matter whether they get wiped out or not. (in space)

Ground... that's different.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg