test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Vault... woah why so hard all of a sudden?

zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
is it just me or is the vault just too hard now?

i didn't play it in a while because i got bored of it after getting the XI set...
well now i wanted to work on the XII set.

i remember the glitch when people brought ships in, that was a cakewalk then, but i did enough in just shuttle teams back then and they weren't as hard as the last 3 times i did it.

just now:

1 hour = 4 matches = 1 pathetic Data Log

we were not playing like noobs, the guys in the PuG had good equipment and mostly knew what to do, it was just the timer and the 100 Birds of Prey that TRIBBLE it up all the time.

...and even the one time we made it we had only 2 seconds left in the 2nd Room.

Don't get me wrong, i don't mind a bit of difficulty, but then i expect more than just 1 of 90 needed Data Logs per hour.
And the time gating makes it even worse because often i notice the Event late and may only get one or two rounds in until it swaps to the next Event.

I guess what i am saying is, scale the difficulty down, just a bit (3 Birds of Prey less per room maybe?)
and expand the Event to 2 hours plz.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zerobang on

Comments

• syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I had the same experience during BranFlake's event Thursday, right down to the numbers.

It has definitely gotten harder, and I don't plan on grinding it at the rate of 1 datalog a day.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It probably got hit with a "not challenging enough" nerf from some keyboard athletes complaning, just like CE did.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i'm thinking more that when Geko updated the NPC Mobs for the Fleet Missions that the Romulans might have been buffed up a little... would make sense anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What they should do is make it so when Obisek completes his action bar, the timer stops.

Why should the timer continue to count down, after you already met the objectives and kept Obisek alive long enough to unlock the door? It makes no sense.
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What they should do is make it so when Obisek completes his action bar, the timer stops.

Why should the timer continue to count down, after you already met the objectives and kept Obisek alive long enough to unlock the door? It makes no sense.

That sounds like a good idea.

Anyway: I also agree that it feels much harder and my numbers are equal (1/2 wins out of 10 plays). Don't get me wrong: it's mostly about teamwork. So I don't complain of loosing a Vault mission where no coordination is (who helps Rerik? Who sets the triggers?).

Yesterday I was in a well equipped and good coordinated team. The rooms were done fast, the damage output was high and the triggers were set the moment they were available. At the end we blew up the D'derix with about 3 minutes left and failed... No one understood why (maybe some fighter was hiding somewhere... who knows).

That was extremely frustrating.

Some little edit: Once I started a group 10 minutes before the event time was over. We finished 2 minutes after the event was over... so I got Dillithium... not so nice. So you're warned now not to start a mission to late ^^
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    is it just me or is the vault just too hard now?

i didn't play it in a while because i got bored of it after getting the XI set...
    well now i wanted to work on the XII set.

i remember the glitch when people brought ships in, that was a cakewalk then, but i did enough in just shuttle teams back then and they weren't as hard as the last 3 times i did it.

just now:

1 hour = 4 matches = 1 pathetic Data Log

we were not playing like noobs, the guys in the PuG had good equipment and mostly knew what to do, it was just the timer and the 100 Birds of Prey that TRIBBLE it up all the time.

...and even the one time we made it we had only 2 seconds left in the 2nd Room.

Don't get me wrong, i don't mind a bit of difficulty, but then i expect more than just 1 of 90 needed Data Logs per hour.
    And the time gating makes it even worse because often i notice the Event late and may only get one or two rounds in until it swaps to the next Event.

I guess what i am saying is, scale the difficulty down, just a bit (3 Birds of Prey less per room maybe?)
    and expand the Event to 2 hours plz.

Did it for the 1 hour event tonight. 4 pugs and 4 wins. I didn't notice anything incredibly different about it (first time I've done it since S6 hit) besides the fact it's not QUITE as easy as it was with carriers and cruisers... but the BoPs did seem a little tanky.

I may have just gotten lucky with 4 really good teams (most of which had recurring members throughout the event and we hit the objectives as quickly as they popped up).

Either way definitely can only suggest to get creative with shuttle builds.. I find the PDS ungodly in the first two rooms if you have it. But swap it out in room 3.. not nearly as useful in the Thalaron generator.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I had 5 (PUG) runs with no victories in a row before the patch, I had 4 (PUG) runs with 3 victories after the patch.
    Does this mean it has actually become easier?
    I don't think so.:)
    IMO the difficulty has not changed a bit.
    It depends as much on the cohesion and competence of your team as it did before.
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I hate the bloody vault event. I've recently started to try an play it more since I realised the MKXII shield is really quite good.
    It does seem harder than the last time I was running it months ago. I used to get around a 75% sucess rate. . . recently its probably 20%.
    I don't remember there being so many warbirds in the reactor chamber before.

I consider it a good run if in the whole hour I get one lousy datalog.

I almost always PuG it because there's little other option, attempts to recruit for it in EliteSTF etc usually get met with a wall of silence.

Also how does the 1 hour limit work?
    I've heard tell that if you start the event in the hour and finish it outside the hour you get no datalogs.
    Is it also true that if you start outside but finish inside you DO get datalogs?
  • zebularzebular Member Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Tried it again recently and did not find the "new" difficulty fun at all. I refuse to play any mission that is not fun. Challenging, sure, but annoying? No thanks.
    Full Name: Zeryn Zebulon Zebular 
    Short Name: Zebular ( @zebular )
    Starfleet Rank / Serial: Vice Admiral, Field Captain / SZ-872-112
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

Handles: @zebular (PC)@MtnDewFreak (XBOX)@Terraseer (PS4)
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The warbird spam in the second room has definitely gotten heavier, and as I already have my mk11 REMAN set (and shelved it because it's junk) I don't have a reason to religiously participate in every event anymore, but I do still occasionally play it for a change of pace.

I never did figure out what in that second room triggers the increased warbird spawns, but I'm SURE something trips the spam machine, like in STF's.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG