test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Way to Save PVP

capcushcapcush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in PvP Gameplay
ok guys i know this may be a little short but its an idea thats been bouncing around my fleet for a while basically open all the systems to any one wanting to get into it like Kerat. basicaly the arena would be the only space one that would really work for that but they could also do it with the capture and hold just do the timer like Kerat. so what are yalls thought and concerns with that would like to know some feed back and hopefully find out if this is possible as a future update?
Post edited by capcush on

Comments

• travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If I'm understanding you right, you're suggesting that the arena and Capture+Hold scenarios be removed of their level-locked status, and have a situation where lvl 30's could run into lvl 50's. I'll tell you what's wrong with that. . .just look at Ker'rat. Even if their stats were boosted due to the lvl 50's in the arena/C+H (like what they do in the fleet PvE events), they would still get butchered. The pugs would become even more frustrating, because you'll be teamed with players who are absolutely out of their depth. Think the noobs in arena pugs are frustrating? Wait till you try removing the level-gating, and you're a level 50 teamed with 4 lvl 30's against a similarly unbalanced team. Or, wait till you're a lvl 30 that gets into a PvP match that has predominantly lvl 50's.

The arena and C+H scenarios are level-gated for a reason. Good level 50's against lvl 40 or below folks is like a shark amongst guppies. There's enough flack about it from Ker'rat, with BoP pilots such as myself ambushing lowbies.

Now, opening new areas like Ker'rat is fine with me, as long as it's made clear to all the lowbies that it's open season in those areas. Anything can and will happen. So, anyone entering those zones knows that they're taking a risk of getting ganked, perhaps repeatedly. Leave the arena and C+H areas for semi-organized matches.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would love that. Simply go and fly where u want and meet people, and engage them in battle. thats how this mmo shoudlve been at the start.

Thats how real startrek works,

And if u really dont want that, just login to a PVE server, and seperate the pvp servers.
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would love that. Simply go and fly where u want and meet people, and engage them in battle. thats how this mmo shoudlve been at the start.

Thats how real startrek works,

And if u really dont want that, just login to a PVE server, and seperate the pvp servers.

Yeah, I actually thought that was how the DMZ was going to be..2 years ago.. :(
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nylahspocknylahspock Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This sounds like it would be a lot of fun, especially if that territory could be claimed for a short time. Obviously there should be a benefit of that.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sector space needs to be completely rearranged so there are neutral zones were your asking for trouble (pvp) if you venture in them. but like HELL they would ever do something like that for the sake of pvp.
  • capcushcapcush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I understand the whole level lock thing but right now its not working towards the player at all. for anyone who has qued for pvp the way the system is now you either spend around 3 hours trying to get into a fight or when you do get into a fight its you vs 4 other people because the other people in your team got dropped and then can't come back. now with Kerat its more of a fun pvp setup. yea you get killed a lot and have the chance of getting some low level players in it but it is "Fun" i can tell you personaly id rather do Kerat than wait in a pvp que for hours.

as for the lowbies getting killed each and every one of them go into Kerat knowing what could happen an i love the idea of adding in a warning system

this could also work for ground pvp knowing that there is a strong group of people that would love to see ground pvp become more popular though that is all dependent on our PW over lords