test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are tachyon drones useful these days?

momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Disclaimer: I don't do PVP, I have no intention of PVPing, and I don't care what people think about carriers, balance, or ethics in the context of PVP.

Now then.

B'rel and B'rolth birds are vicious with their torpedo volleys, but they really don't do much versus shields, and I'm wondering about teaming birds with tachyon drones. All the info I can find is old, February and March. With the roller coaster way this game goes through patches, I don't want to end up with a lemon that costs 1500 zen. :)
Post edited by momaw on

Comments

• Options
    anikaifulanikaiful Member Posts: 138
    edited September 2012
    momaw wrote: »
    Disclaimer: I don't do PVP, I have no intention of PVPing, and I don't care what people think about carriers, balance, or ethics in the context of PVP.

Now then.

B'rel and B'rolth birds are vicious with their torpedo volleys, but they really don't do much versus shields, and I'm wondering about teaming birds with tachyon drones. All the info I can find is old, February and March. With the roller coaster way this game goes through patches, I don't want to end up with a lemon that costs 1500 zen. :)

Ethics don't exist in PvP anyway, except in dreams of those who keep losing the matches :cool:

But tachyon drones, they've got their uses, albeit I see them a bit more marginal in usability than f.ex. power leeches (which are nice for trolling tac cubes and akin).
  • Options
    gsdgdshgdshfgdsjgsdgdshgdshfgdsj Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Last time I used mine was when the advanced version came out in the D-store. They had nerfed how much shielding they damaged and I didnt see any difference in using them to knock down shields as opposed to using a hanger of fighters. I haven't used them since.