test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

wth Lag all week. game unplayable

logitechg13logitechg13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
all week. game unplayable. Getting disconnected due to no server response, Lost STF rewards due to disconnect and then connecting to be spawnd at first of map to not get to end in time before map kiks me ( Hppened 3 damn times) not to mention the vatious other things it kiks me out of. Nice patch. not playing till i see patch is patched. fn time outs.
Post edited by logitechg13 on

Comments

• syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I haven't experienced any lag all week.

There have, however, been some terrible issues this week for people whose traffic goes through certain ISPs. It affects a lot more than just STO.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As I understand it many European players had to deal with a Congentco issue causing interruptions between the players and Cryptic. A simple TraceRt can easily tell a player where the slowdown might be occurring.

I'm in the US/Midwest and didn't have any disconnects or unusual lag this weekend - and that includes 3 hours online Friday, Sunday, and Monday and 5 hours online Saturday.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Try switching on one of the connect via proxy options (EU or US I think).

I had similar problems at one point, TraceRT told me one of the jumps kept timing out.
    Using the US proxy fixed it for me.
  • anikaifulanikaiful Member Posts: 138
    edited September 2012
    "We are doing maintenance for a number of reasons. Be patient, during the maintenance period your network is bound to have interruptions, lag issues, and other not so desirable effects. This , however, will in the end give you a smoother experience of the web after completed." ... mah ISP sez.
  • cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've had plenty of lag the past few weeks *glares at my visitting brothers constant itunes downloading* dang family, get off my cyberlawn! :P
  • zachverantzachverant Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have been having SEVERE lag issues since the 30Aug2012 patch...2 mins into the game the laggg is soo bad i cannot move, go thru doors turn ships..ect ect ect..

it sux...to bad i paid that LTS...guess i wont fund my Store Account..this is bull..

pffft...allways somthing...:mad:
    "Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
    Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
    Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
    1000 day vet and LTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    been super smooth for a while. i think as someone mentioned above some people's service provider are having some issues. the game seems perfectly fine at the moment.
  • nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dear Cryptic,
    Fix internet plz.
    Thx.
    :P
  • sl1ckm1stersl1ckm1ster Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If it were a problem on Cryptic's end we would all be having it, and we obviously arent. As someone else has said, it is a problem either at your end or between your end and Cryptic, which is your ISP's problem.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nileight1 wrote: »
    Dear Cryptic,
    Fix internet plz.
    Thx.
    :P

cryptic doesnt own the internet.... if they did.... they could charge many fees for their competitors XD
  • bi9tbi9t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I had to start using the US proxy server a couple of weeks ago. It fixed all my disconnect and lag issues. When at the first loading screen hit the "Options" button in the top right.