test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Security Hologram died. Unable to buy replacement

quinnstriatequinnstriate Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Duty Officer System and R&D
I put my Emergency Security Hologram into an Unsanctioned Combat Arena mission and he died. It was an extreme casualty risk mission. I put him in there because I assumed that holograms can't die. But, I thought that even if he did die I could just buy another one. I went to purchase another from my replicator, but was told that I could only have one. But, I don't have one. He died. Am I permanently without my ESH now?

Also, for future reference, do I understand correctly that only white Duty Officers can die? The rest just go to Sick Bay for awhile?

Thank you for the assistance.
Post edited by quinnstriate on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    YEah, it probably only died because it was common. I'd forget about. common holos aren't very useful anyways.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    quinnstriatequinnstriate Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yesterday I logged on after being off the game for several hours. I was then able to buy a new Emergency Security Hologram. I guess we had to wait to give the hologram a holo-funeral before buying a new one?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Hmm... must be a code anomaly. However the code kept track of whther you still had one seems to have been messed up.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Are you sure he's not in sickbay? White doffs can go to sickbay, too, they just have a chance of dying instead.

If there is a bug there, you're honestly not losing much.
  • Options
    heckmoheckmo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    theres definately some kind of bug in how it detects how many emergency holographic doffs you have http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94159649

im not complaining though
    The avalanche has already started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Hmm... there's abug with ferra doffs that lets you buy a new one if the current one is on a mission. Maybe that's it?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hmm... there's abug with ferra doffs that lets you buy a new one if the current one is on a mission. Maybe that's it?

The bug that allows multiple purchases of unique doffs has nothing to do with whether or not the doff is on a mission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    aestu wrote: »
    The bug that allows multiple purchases of unique doffs has nothing to do with whether or not the doff is on a mission.
    then what is it? My testing seems to suggest otherwise.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And mine does not. I have observed the bug even with doffs that are not on missions. I do not have the data to positively identify any one cause (nor do I have the in-depth knowledge of programming necessary to do so).

However I have noticed the bug seems more frequent in crowded areas, suggesting to me that it is somehow connected with screen draw and client memory use. It is possible the client is suffering from some sort of overflow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Hmm... when I tested it I bought a S'Nara, then it immediately locked me out of buying another. I sent S'Nara on a mission, and I could suddenly buy another. I suppose it's possible that this was a coincidence, but it seems unlikely. BTW, I closed and reopened Ferra's store in between purchases. It didn't seem to update avavilability otherwise.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing