test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cancelling gold

crazygunnerrrcrazygunnerrr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in The Academy
I have a question that has probably been answered a couple of times, but I couldn't find the information I'm looking for.

I've got a month of gold yesterday for all the obvious advantages, the question is, can I just cancel my subscription now and will it run until until october 2nd, or would they cancel it right now.
I know it should be the first, but I've seen some weird stuff before.

Thanks.
Post edited by crazygunnerrr on

Comments

• patientnr0patientnr0 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i canceled mine yesterday right after billing.
    i can still use what i've paid for
  • binarylogicbinarylogic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If you purchased a month of gold membership then you have a month of gold membership.

If you decide to cancel your gold subscription you are still considered a gold member until the end of the month that you paid for. At the end of that month you account would go back to its previous silver level membership, although you would have a few perks as you had once been a gold member (i.e. extra account bank slots).

This is how I understand it works however, so please don't take this as absolute fact.

I have been a gold member for over 500-days and I personally think it is well worth the cost.:cool:
  • theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    after a yr i cancelled my gold sub, in my oppinion, not worth it, id have to pay ?8 a month and for what? a reward every 100 days which is sooooooo not worth it they are rly pants
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crazygunnerrrcrazygunnerrr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the info!
    I have been a gold member for over 500-days and I personally think it is well worth the cost.:cool:
    Do you have a lifetime sub? Because if you pay by month, it's better to just buy the zen, then to get gold. I even checked out the 3 months thing, but even then it's not worth it, it's basically 1000 zen extra for which you pay about 15 euro's, so it's cheaper to just buy the zen. Everything else is fairly irrelevant.

A lifetime sub I can get if you're a 'hardcore' player though.
  • mike5ivemike5ive Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    After ordering the three month subscription to see if i noticed a difference, so far nothing has come to my attention. I was unable to figure out where the stipend is accessed. I looked at the FAQ the only reference I located was to it appearing in the balance in the game.

The membership seems to be designed for persons who want more than one character, a lot of accumulated items, or currency.

I love the game but will not continue the membership, I will buy Zen every month encourage Perfect World to keep Star Trek Online active.
  • mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Do what you want. If you feel that a silver account is for you then go for it, I'm a gold member because I feel that this game is worth paying $15 a month, I left WOW for this game.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Based on my own experience, all subs are tracked down to the day and they're all based on multiples of 30 days.

You buy 30 days, you get 30 days. Doesn't matter when you cancel.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • possumlipspossumlips Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just paid the $29.99 for the 3 month special sept. 1st, but my account says 60 days.I don't know why it doesn't say 90.It does say the offer is for a limited time but it acted as if i got it when i signed up by saying" for a limited time" to the right of the 3 month choice.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You buy time in advance for the game. Any game time card or free time your receive just bumps your next billing date ahead the number of days the card/time is for. You can cancel your recurring billing sub and, you'll stay Gold until your next billing date.