test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borticus -make a official league for pvp

the4monkeysthe4monkeys Member Posts: 172 Arc User
edited September 2012 in PvP Gameplay
borticus, I believe its time you make a 1v1,2v2,3v3, 5v5 leagues and rules, I believe in doing this people will like seeing what your doing and boost your reputation around pvp'ers, see flaws in system and pull cryptic and its players together! we need more people to kill and its great fun in doing so.

So what you say to official league from cryptic?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by the4monkeys on

Comments

• havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd rather systems would spend some time doing the good old L2P instead of wasting their time doing Community Rep stuff.
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Give it to BranFlakes to do, he's always trying to make friends and play with the other children.

How about Monkey's idea but with a NEW map or two in which to play on. Put aside a few dev blogs to advertise this, have it open to the entire playerbase - put some sexy prizes in, a new title for all those who enter? That would appeal to the accolade hunters, like me ;)

Sounds like an excellent chance for the Devs to not only get involved but see how PVP is done and see it's broken mechanics first hand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • exal7exal7 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2012
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Branflakes has been hosting various PVP Events. So if anyone should either start an official Perfect World STO PVP League, it would be him, in my opinion. Or some one who works for/with him.
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited September 2012
    webdeath wrote: »
    Branflakes has been hosting various PVP Events. So if anyone should either start an official Perfect World STO PVP League, it would be him, in my opinion. Or some one who works for/with him.

sadly all his pvp events are against premade teams. only random people teaming is allowed in what he does, which i think quite frankly sucks.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why Borticus? He doesn't PvP.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I believe in doing this people will like seeing what your doing and boost your reputation around pvp'ers

patchnotes would make me way more happy, then watching Bort respawn. The effect might be the same after all though.
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Perhaps borticus should add a PvP map or such? I'd rather see that.
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    sadly all his pvp events are against premade teams. only random people teaming is allowed in what he does, which i think quite frankly sucks.

There is hardly anyone that can compete with premades like yours, its sad but its the hard truth. Thats why a 5v5 tournament is sucky. And i doubt there are enough of those 5 man premades around to make this actually work for everyone, time, date, etc.

If PvP was lively and the overall quality of skill would be better, sure it could be fun.

Now it would simply have the same experience as pugstomping mostly anyway :(

The events that bran did make possible were not much more then what mini tries to accomplish, 10v10's. There is nothing to gain when a Mod or Dev starts up such an event.
  • kinetic78kinetic78 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    borticus, I believe its time you make a 1v1,2v2,3v3, 5v5 leagues and rules, I believe in doing this people will like seeing what your doing and boost your reputation around pvp'ers, see flaws in system and pull cryptic and its players together! we need more people to kill and its great fun in doing so.

So what you say to official league from cryptic?

Fantastic idea monkey i would love a 2v2 or 3v3 ,,, as we are such a small fleet
  • mettlemickymettlemicky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kinetic78 wrote: »
    Fantastic idea monkey i would love a 2v2 or 3v3 ,,, as we are such a small fleet

Agreed,

options for smaller teams in queues would make it easier and more fun, more so in pre made matches as its a nightmare trying to get a full 5 man premade going from same fleet, well for us anyhow.
    Tex says...... hey :)
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited September 2012
    There is hardly anyone that can compete with premades like yours, its sad but its the hard truth. Thats why a 5v5 tournament is sucky. And i doubt there are enough of those 5 man premades around to make this actually work for everyone, time, date, etc.

If PvP was lively and the overall quality of skill would be better, sure it could be fun.

Now it would simply have the same experience as pugstomping mostly anyway :(

The events that bran did make possible were not much more then what mini tries to accomplish, 10v10's. There is nothing to gain when a Mod or Dev starts up such an event.

and i totally understand that. but what about all the other groups of people who want to play on their teams and whatnot.
  • amidoinitrightamidoinitright Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I say a 10v10 would be more interesting. It would also dilute the effectiveness of premades somewhat. 2 premades per side would be a blast, although, i'm guessing it would be a looooooong match. Or, A very short one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,