test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet of One - Help for Starting an Alt Fleet

offtheeclipticofftheecliptic Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Earth Spacedock
I'm starting this thread in the hopes of generating help and support for those of us who prefer to be in a fleet of our own. Maybe you had a bad experience with another fleet, or maybe you like to play solo but don't want to give up the advantages of being in a fleet.

I realize it can be tough to find people to stand in to create a fleet. I'm actually a pretty social player, but just haven't liked fleet politics. Still, it's been a challenge to get 4 other people together at the same spot at the same time.

To help people in my situation, I've begun a chat channel in game called FleetofOne. If you need help to create a fleet or are willing to lend an alt not currently in a fleet to help someone else start one, please subscribe.
Post edited by offtheecliptic on

Comments

• bookreader84bookreader84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You could join mine, we are mostly odd hour players and we dont have mandatory events etc:)
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Good thinking. Might get some players some help and cut down on the chat spam.

Thought I was going to have to object to your name for a second but Fleet of One is ok. Anti-Social Fleet of One is already trademarked and in use by my fleet...of three. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • offtheeclipticofftheecliptic Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm totally happy to change the name. Don't mean to step on any toes. I guess I've just watched too many commercials for the US Army. :)

As an aside, I do plan to keep one character aside and permanently unfleeted so that I can always help others form a fleet.
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm totally happy to change the name. Don't mean to step on any toes. I guess I've just watched too many commercials for the US Army. :)

As an aside, I do plan to keep one character aside and permanently unfleeted so that I can always help others form a fleet.

I was just kidding. :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    I totally got it.

I also really appreciate the name of your fleet.

Anti-social players unite! oh wait...

Anti-social players unite separately! That's better...
    edited August 2012
    I'm hoping that if enough people sign onto the FleetofOne chat channel, anyone who's interested in making a fleet (of one, two, three, or four) can find some people ingame to help.

I can say that I'll always be willing to lend a unfleeted alt and never ask for anything in return.
  • rothgarixrothgarix Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey, I've been looking for something similar. I'm not a fleet guy, and not really that social (in MMOs anyway). But I'd like to see some of the fleet "stuff" just for fun.

I don't have alts...just me...er...one character. :)

As long as I don't have to change my uniform, or come to any meetings, I'm up for it. I usually play late at night during Sunday and Monday (I work Wed-Thurs), CST.

Oh, I'm not a Hardcore player...I don't play missions to gain rewards, I play them to have fun.

I'll add the channel to my chat.
    edited August 2012
    rothgarix wrote: »
    Hey, I've been looking for something similar. I'm not a fleet guy, and not really that social (in MMOs anyway). But I'd like to see some of the fleet "stuff" just for fun.

I don't have alts...just me...er...one character. :)

As long as I don't have to change my uniform, or come to any meetings, I'm up for it. I usually play late at night during Sunday and Monday (I work Wed-Thurs), CST.

Oh, I'm not a Hardcore player...I don't play missions to gain rewards, I play them to have fun.

I'll add the channel to my chat.

I think we're in really similar places. But I'm certainly not proposing a fleet. I'm proposing a resource for any one that wants to start a fleet but isn't able to get the required 5 people together at one place (in EST) at one time.

Here's what I'm hoping for: You want to form a fleet and you need one or more people to help. You can send out a call on the FleetofOne channel. Maybe it's you and three friends. Or maybe it's just you. Maybe you have an alt in another fleet and have been frustrated that you aren't able to contribute to starbase projects or maybe you just want to check out the fleet system while being in control.

I just want people (including me) to be able to experience every part of the game that they want to.
  • rothgarixrothgarix Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sounds good to me. Maybe I'll try and start a Fleet someday. In the meantime, I'll keep the channels open.
    edited August 2012
    rothgarix wrote: »
    Sounds good to me. Maybe I'll try and start a Fleet someday. In the meantime, I'll keep the channels open.

Thanks. Once we get enough people, everyone should be able to make a fleet of their own, if they want.

Again, while I started the FleetofOne chat channel with solo fleets in mind, it could also be a valuable resource for a group of four who wants to make a fleet and just needs someone to stand in for the fifth position. That fifth person could stay in the fleet or drop out and leave it to the other four founders. Same goes for two or three people who want to start a fleet.
    edited August 2012
    We've got 7 people signed up for FleetofOne now. It's a modest start, but it's a start.

If you have any interest in starting a fleet of your own or need one, two, or three more people to stand in (and then leave after), subscribe.

Once we have a large enough population, it should be easy to find help.
    edited August 2012
    If you need any help forming a fleet, then ask on the FleetofOne chat channel.

Whenever I'm in game, I'm happy to lend a hand to anyone creating a fleet.
  • amwolfeamwolfe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I signed up for the channel, glad to help.
    edited August 2012
    amwolfe wrote: »
    I signed up for the channel, glad to help.

Thanks for joining in. The more people who join, the more help there will be for those who need it.
    edited August 2012
    We've already helped set up a number of fleets for single people and small groups of less than 5. There are some really generous folks out there. Thanks to everyone who's been helping.

If you want help to form a fleet and if you're willing to give help in return, sign up for the FleetofOne chat channel. Please make sure that you're willing to help others as well as form your own fleets.
  • ilithianelilithianel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey,

I'm currently trying to create a Solo Fleet...

What times are you guys on at usually??
  • coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Brilliant!!!
    To anyone whose reading, these guys are great, helped my friend and I set our fleet up the other night, and aside from a bit of a time zone issue, it all went off without a hitch.:D
    Highly recommend getting on the channel if u are having trouble getting your fleet started!!!
    People like these make the universe a better place..

Thanks again to all the guys who helped us out, and will be freeing up an alt to help the cause.

Landon Groff
    Founder- 44TH ANZAC Spatial Unit
  • mcpixymcpixy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I love this idea! :)

A friend of mine just got a "contribute or else" message from his fleet and for me there are too many armchair Stalins out there running fleets, so this just sounds perfect :cool:
  • banikslavebanikslave Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is such a great idea. I'm doing the fleet thing with my fed character, but for my KDF character I want to sort of do my own thing, but also have my own starbase to call home(with maybe one or two friends).

I have been having a nightmare trying to get my own KDF fleet set up :-( All I seem to get when asking in zone is a couple of players actually willing to help out and bunch of fleet invites from strangers who don't seem to understand what "own" means. Fingers crossed this channel helps out.

I'm stockpiling zen, so one day soon I should have enough for an alt character, to pay back the favour.
  • gawain1313gawain1313 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    considering how old the last post is, i might assume that this idea has either fizzled or no longer has enough support. I made contact in game with a member of this fleet but thanks to my lack of foresight, i didn't write down the name. But I've been trying ever since to start a chat in the fleetofone channel and have not gotten any responses since then. And other than blind invites to fleets who's people i don't even know, which annoys me to no end, I've had 0 luck. Maybe reviving this thread will stir the pot as bit and perhaps revive this idea, but if not, i may have to forego any more thoughts of solo fleets which i could have coaxed a few friends to join as they seem bored with their current games.
  • wakerobertswakeroberts Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    I just had this idea myself and decided that someone probably already beat me to it. The ensuing forum search produced this thread. It seems like a great idea given that I have been in the position of begging for help from the general community for forming a new alt fleet. Thanks to all of those who have helped me btw! I've already joined the channel. I was just curious if anyone else was still active on it. I'm always willing to lend a hand.